If Obama stays pat, he's won the "Fiscal Cliff" battle.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
And he may get what he wants in terms of the debt ceiling as well.

At this point, there is almost no upside to dealing with Republicans. Actually..there is none.

Once the Fiscal Cliff is done, so are they. They will lose the house in 2014.

Obama gets to sunset the Bush Tax cuts..and get the Defense cuts that were necessary to balance the budget. And he's got a great deal of leverage..since he can soften those.

Well played.

Personally..I didn't see this when the sequester deal was done.

At this point, there is almost no upside to dealing with Republicans. Actually..there is none.

Obama gets to sunset the Bush Tax cuts..and get the Defense cuts that were necessary to balance the budget. And he's got a great deal of leverage..since he can soften those.

Well played.

Balance the budget?

Mwahahahahaha!!

The debt will easily be around $25 trillion by 2020. Both GOP and democrats be damned. Personally, I would be glad to see Boehner and company go. The GOP is currently run by idiots.

Then in 2016 Hillary will be the appointed one to replace Barak.

Last edited:
America voted for the massive shitstorm of taxation and healthcare costs that is about to rain down on them.

Let if fly.

I always love the "Let it burn!" sentiment from some conservatives. Like when Rush said he hoped Obama would fail despite what it would do to the country.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well played.

It's well-played if you have broccoli for brains.. Someone has to explain to thinking folks why the Bush Tax Cuts were "what got us into this mess" ------ but the card on the table is to PRESERVE the bulk of the Bush Tax Cuts so that the middle class is not held hostage. The only diff between the gosh-awful Bush cuts and what the infant Prez has been incessantly whining for is a meaningless 2% diff for the top 1%.

It's like whining because your parents won't buy you a double scoop, so you get dragged screaming out of the ice cream store with NOTHING. Same magnitude of importance to the rest of your life.

NOTHING has meaning in this Mexican stand-off ---- unless you're the Mad Hatter.

Just the fact that EVERY OPPORTUNITY since the election --- all you hear from Dear Leader is about "the rich".. There is no plan. The King has no clothes or tools.

Last edited:

Well played.

It's well-played if you have broccoli for brains.. Someone has to explain to thinking folks why the Bush Tax Cuts were "what got us into this mess" ------ but the card on the table is to PRESERVE the bulk of the Bush Tax Cuts so that the middle class is not held hostage. The only diff between the gosh-awful Bush cuts and what the infant Prez has been incessantly whining for is a meaningless 2% diff for the top 1%.

It's like whining because your parents won't buy you a double scoop, so you get dragged screaming out of the ice cream store with NOTHING. Same magnitude of importance to the rest of your life.

NOTHING has meaning in this Mexican stand-off ---- unless you're the Mad Hatter.

All that needs to be done is declare that the rich should "pay their fair share". The rhetoric really works.

America voted for the massive shitstorm of taxation and healthcare costs that is about to rain down on them.

Let if fly.

I always love the "Let it burn!" sentiment from some conservatives. Like when Rush said he hoped Obama would fail despite what it would do to the country.

Conservatives have never had a voice in government.

So yes, let the system burn.

Well played.

I agree with you man. The two main reasons I voted Obama was the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts and this country's removal from Afghanistan. When those two things happen I really feel our economy and our society will begin an ascent into prosperity and good things.

I am aware that Obama has no upside to deal with Republicans. And he may get what he wants, but that doesn't mean we need to give it to him. Especially when it's not good for the nation. If he wants to take the nation over the fiscal cliff here, let him own it.

Well played.

Yoiu have an opinion. Fine. Far more intelligent people see it differently.
Obama's insistence on getting everything he wants is a clear indication he not only refuses to negotiate in good faith, he must feed his ego.
So Obama willing to scuttle the economy because he cannot get his way. That's defined as a temper tantrum.
Oh, your side may win a battle here because you have a complicit and friendly main stream media protecting the Chosen One.
As jobs dry up, credit continues to tighten and the federal government continues to buy up Treasuries to prop up a sagging economy, the reality of the situation will come to a head.
Obama made many promises to a lot of different groups. He will fail to deliver.
Here's an example. A coalition of groups representing Latinos have laid down their immigration gauntlet. While Obama is fumbling the the economy ball, Latinos have been chest puffing over their new found voting clout. Never mind that Latinos want an answer on immigration, they also are hard workers and they want JOBS. As Obama continues to grind the economy into a halt, these people have loudly stated their votes had better not be taken for granted.
At the end of the day, Obama cares not about federal revenue. His main focus is protecting entitlements because these programs represent votes for the democrat party.
You have as a matter of convenience and self comfort have convinced yourself this is over.
Wait. And be careful what you wish for.

Let if fly.

"Elections have consequences. They will be severe this time. Roll with it.

Let if fly.

Conservatives have never had a voice in government.

So yes, let the system burn.

mission_accomplished.jpg

..... and the PUBs are intellectually paralyzed. The argument that needs to be made is that INCOME TAX is already at a progressive limit. 47% of filings pay ZERO for the day to day operation of the govt and the top 2% pay 40% of the freight.

That's progressive enough and FAIRNESS is not a card that should be able to be played without hysterical laughter. So the Pubs SHOULD be pushing for revenue increases to be applied ACROSS the board. JUST THE OPPOSITE of the bush tax cuts.

In fact --- jump the fiscal molehill --- and we're there. ALL THE WAY ===== to "fairness".

We have to get serious about the National Debt, we need more spending cuts too. I think everyone should scarifice, rich, poor and in-between.
I think it's about time the government sacrificed.

Attachments

• $531861_518421611510049_977272345_n.jpg
    $531861_518421611510049_977272345_n.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 56
I agree with you man. The two main reasons I voted Obama was the expiration of the Bush Tax Cuts and this country's removal from Afghanistan. When those two things happen I really feel our economy and our society will begin an ascent into prosperity and good things.

How exactly do you think taking more money away from people is going to create more prosperity? When has a government ever taxed us into wealth?

And since Obama has put more resources in Afghanistan, it doesn't seem like you are getting what you want.

Well played.

How will increased taxes and the troops coming home help the economy?

Forum List

Back