If massive government spending stimulates the economy

Well, except for the meeting of senior Republicans on the day of his inauguration that resolved to hold the country to ransom with the one aim of having Obama a one term president, so I reckon he had less than a day really.

That did not happen, but thanks for proving you believe all the lies.

Well, why would Newt say he was there?
SHARPTON: The night of the inauguration, there was a meeting at a
hotel near the inaugural ball. About a mile away in which that night there
was a group of Republicans, you among them, that was committed to the
defeat of President Obama. You told the group, you Newt Gingrich, you will
remember this day. You will remember this day the seeds of 2012 were sown.

NEWT GINGRICH (R), FORMER PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: It was an
important meeting. And I was glad and honored to be part of it.
Friday, August 10 - msnbc - PoliticsNation | NBC News

Because he is a blowhard who likes people to think he is important?

It doesn't mean fixed?

Turning an economy around either means it is going really good and you want to make it bad, or it is really bad and you want to make it good. If his goal was simply to make the economy bad I have to admit, he succeeded. Problem is, I am pretty sure that wasn't his goal.

no, turning it around just means turning it around. This whole " it must fit your definition in order to be legit" angle you like to play is quite old.

cause and affect of the 08 crash which started in 06. The problem is you fast food type people want it fixed now when it takes time.

If romney wins, i am giving him one day to fix the mess and then declaring him a failure.

thats how the game is played now.

Seriously?
How many people from the republican side only gave Mr Obama and the then democrat controlled house and senate just one day?
Please list the members of this board that did that.

Many gave less - people were whining about Obama before he had even taken office.

really? Really?

Fuck off....This is why you are a waste of time.

cause and affect of the 08 crash which started in 06. The problem is you fast food type people want it fixed now when it takes time.

If romney wins, i am giving him one day to fix the mess and then declaring him a failure.

Seriously?
How many people from the republican side only gave Mr Obama and the then democrat controlled house and senate just one day?
Actually, they gave Obama -5 months.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

That's one possible explanation I suppose.

Seriously?

Many gave less - people were whining about Obama before he had even taken office.

oh this is true......The T comes to mind, back when we were on another forum.

But you will always have this regardless of who gets in.

Seriously?

You didn't list any members of this board.
Try again.

Seriously?

March 2, 2009
RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

One day?
Member of this board?

Only if you invest that money into something that increases the wealth of our nation. Like building roads, bridges, tanks, ships, skyscrapers, bullet trains or bases on the moon. Flushing money down the toilet bailing out corporations that are failing because they have bad policy=fail. Businesses that make bad choices within economics must fail.

Obama has failed because he has chosen the losers and spent trillions of dollars bailing out losers. Printing money into thin air is a bad idea. Why not use that money to do some nation building here at home?

Investing in the middle east=not investing in our own country. Idiocy.

Last edited:
turn around does not mean fixed.

God you are just sad.

It doesn't mean fixed?

Turning an economy around either means it is going really good and you want to make it bad, or it is really bad and you want to make it good. If his goal was simply to make the economy bad I have to admit, he succeeded. Problem is, I am pretty sure that wasn't his goal.

no, turning it around just means turning it around. This whole " it must fit your definition in order to be legit" angle you like to play is quite old.
That's how they were trained by the leader of the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood.

September 21, 2011
RUSH: Don't doubt me on this. It sounds like a small thing, but in a daily ebb and flow you'll not even see any news about this, but it's in important because it's crucial who controls the language, who controls the way words are defined.

October 11, 2011
RUSH: * I've often said, I said last week he who controls the definition of words, the meaning of words, controls the debate.* He who controls the language controls the debate.*

Seriously?

March 2, 2009

One day?
Member of this board?

As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington. ............................According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith.
Robert Draper Book: GOP's Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

i don't think Obama thought he could fix it in four years. I know the line you are thinking about. Sorry not buying it.

Is mitt smart? sure, is he a good President? No.

Mr Romney has never been president, so you really can't make that judgement yet.
Mr Obama is president, so the judgement about whether or not he is a good one can be made.

I can make it off as a governor. I can make it off the fake that a slight breeze changes his stance. I can base it off the fact of listening to Mitt and hearing that he is basically going to do the same as Obama. He just words it differently.

No i can judge. Thats why we have elections

I tend to be literal. You said,
Is mitt smart? sure, is he a good President? No.
Change that to "Would he be a good President?", and your statement makes more sense.

March 2, 2009

One day?
Member of this board?

As President Barack Obama was celebrating his inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner in Washington. ............................According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over 15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.), along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.). The non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican wordsmith.

Again, which member of this board?

Seriously?

March 2, 2009

One day?
Member of this board?
Your MessiahRushie pulls the strings of all the wingnuts on this board.

One day?
Member of this board?

Again, which member of this board?

Is this a trick question?
I never said any member of this board...and neither did anyone else, I think.

Only if we invest in our country instead of the rest of the world. We must never reward failure is something that we must relearn.

China, India, ect are growing at 6-10% a year because they're building infrastructure and increasing the wealth of their nations.

No hundred billion dollar bank bail outs
No more rewarding failure.

Last edited:

March 2, 2009

One day?
Member of this board?
Your MessiahRushie pulls the strings of all the wingnuts on this board.

So, we agree, you can't list a member of this board when I specifically asked for that proof.
Nice attempt at claiming "MessiahRushie" is part of my question, but you failed to produce actual value to the conversation.

Forum List

Back