Zone1 If leadership is forced to close a thread on a rule change...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grooming means, "Grooming is when a person builds a relationship with a child, young person or an adult who's at risk so they can abuse them and manipulate them into doing things.

What is absent from this definition is the specific behavior of grooming.

The UK source with the agenda attached to it which was chosen as the model to mauderate the topic doesn't even touch on that, curiously. One might even contend expectedly, depending on one's own capacity, interest and/or motivation to question things a little more.

However...the more relevant U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking (SMART) does.

Some of these specific behaviors of ''grooming activities'' (per SMART) are noted as follows...
  • to manipulate the perceptions of other adults around the child.
  • discussing sexually explicit information under the guise of education
  • showing the child sexually explicit images.
These specifically noted behaviors, however, if we're paying attention, are often incorporated as influencing operations across social media as well as institutions, by social media influencers who endorse and spread this material under the guise of education and to influence mainstream acceptance of the normalization of any discussion of the sexualization of children as well as to influence the perceptions of adults to accept the influence operation rather than question it, whether it be voluntary or by force of any given web site ''operator" policy/view.

Perhaps it is because that these specific behaviors associated with grooming were indicated by the US authority may be why a more relevant model source was avoided? I cannot say. But that I cannot say does not minimize my own intuition. And it is a valid question.

What this shortsightedness actually accomplishes, counterintuitively, whether it be intentional or just as a consequence of the lack of capacity of various web site operators to see the larger picture and relevance to the operation, really, is to provide a luxury or protection to these social media influencers of the niche to avoid responsibility or to be held to any accountability for what (SMART) indicates to be actual ''grooming activities'' by said social media influencers who peddle the so-called ''educational material'' on the www where friendly web site operators tend and manage the business of the day and providing the cover of so-called free speech for the influencer(s).

Last edited:
Son, I've been here for 14 years and never once been banned.

You've been here for 15 minutes.

If you think I'm the problem, you might want to think again.
USMB needs to fire everybody and start all over. This place needs professionals with management experience instead of a bunch of amateurs who moderate according to agendas and who are unwilling to police themselves.

USMB needs to fire everybody and start all over. This place needs professionals with management experience instead of a bunch of amateurs who moderate according to agendas and whe are unwilling to police themselves.

Two of them are mucking things up... guess which two

USMB needs to fire everybody and start all over. This place needs professionals with management experience instead of a bunch of amateurs who moderate according to agendas and who are unwilling to police themselves.
1675889370980.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back