If Jesus were God, who did he pray to?

BrotherOppa

Aug 28, 2021
If Jesus was God, who did he pray to?

When he got baptized from the Jordan, who made the proclamation that “this is my beloved Son...”¿

Can Jesus be God and still sit at God's right hand?

BlindBoo Sorry, I don't get what you mean. How can he (the father) call himself “the son?”

If Jesus is God then all things are possible. Once you make that leap of "if" or "faith", if you want to call it that, you can basically be convinced of any possibility beyond the realm of the natural world.

If Jesus is God then all things are possible. Once you make that leap of "if" or "faith", if you want to call it that, you can basically be convinced of any possibility beyond the realm of the natural world.
so i would even believe that "god" would pray to himself?...

Maybe you need to re-read Genesis He is the creator of all things I'm not going to argue with a non-believer carry on

When he got baptized from the Jordan, who made the proclamation that “this is my beloved Son...”¿

Dear BrotherOppa
Please see JOHN 10:29-30
Where Jesus states BOTH that the
Father is greater than all as the one
who sent Jesus and is thus distinct,
While also He and the Father are One.

Jesus is more like the Authority of God's Justice, while the Kingdom of God is where God's Will is established by agreement on Universal Truth.

Truth and Justice are not the same thing
but they are both of God.

Jesus is not the same as God
But is God's perfect Justice Will and Word made incarnate in man.

So this is like God or God's Word or Laws being embodied in the form of the Son.

When other people, teachers, prophets, angels or messengers represent God's laws we are basically embodying the Holy Spirit of Christ to express this connection with God. We are NOT God directly, but rely on Jesus.

Christ Jesus IS the actual connection and embodiment of God's Authority.

This is called Jesus being God.

While Jesus Himself stated He is both One with God, while the Father is still greater and thus distinct.

Jesus must have had a massive ego to think that he was god.
He who shall be chief of all shall be servant to all.

Jesus even washed the feet of his disciples.

The purpose of Jesus as Universal Justice is to serve and protect ALL people equally.

That is a lot of work to resolve all humanity's conflicts in Peace and Justice so everyone has equal chance to hear and receive the truth and grace of salvation.

JoeBlow

Jesus came to save the world not to condemn. And to fulfill the law not to abolish.

All people, tribes and nations demand to see JUSTICE. For Jesus to fulfill these prayers for Perfect Justice means saving everyone from death and destruction by ending selfish greed, abuse, crime and war.

That is a huge task to help everyone on earth to end suffering by correcting problems and healing all causes so people can live in peace with nature again!

Last edited:
BlindBoo Sorry, I don't get what you mean. How can he (the father) call himself “the son?”
You havent learned yet that the anti-Gods own the religion forum.

It's pretty useless to have any meaningful conversations down here because the anti-Gods come to every thread to evangelize for the religion of Atheism.

Most Christian's tend to avoid this forum.

They recruited one good soul to clean it up, but then the whining of the anti-Gods began and they got their way.

The poor guy left because he was asked to do an impossible job and no one had his back.

his human half prayed to his godly part?......
Nope.
My last name is Smith (not really)

My Father is Smith.

My father, who is Smith, said of me to a large crowd, "this is my beloved son, in whom I am well pleased."

Jesus is God
He has a Father, who is God
His Father (God) said of His Son (God), "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."
There is ONE God, currently consisting of 2 members.

He prayed to His Father............Jesus was God the same way that you are your fathers child, Jesus had the "essence" of God.

Essence: the most important or essential part. You contain the "essence" of your parents. An apple tree produces apples.......nothing else.

Read the scriptures. Jesus speaks of His Father as a separate being. The Father and Jesus are working (John 5:17,19)
Jesus speaks of the Father loving Him. (John 5:20) Jesus was delegated authority from Heaven (John 5:22, 26-27).
Jesus does not do His own will. (John 5:30).

Jesus declares that "self witness" is not valid, it must take the witness of others (John 5:31). And there are separate witness to Jesus (John 5:32). Found in that list of witnesses Jesus mentions the Father as a witness. (John 5:37-38)

Father God speaks of Jesus as being a separate being. "This is My beloved Son......" (Matt. 3:16-17, Matt. 17:5).

John says that God bears witness to Jesus (1 John 5:9). All 3 beings of the Godhead are mentioned in scripture, "One Spirit, One Son, and One Father God........." (Eph. 4:4-6)

In the beginning Jesus preexisted creation (John 1:1-14, as the Word, and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us). Jesus is the SON OF GOD. Some attempt to declare that a Son is not the same as the Father, such as the Jehovah's witnesses........but then they can't explain how the Son can exist without the Father, if the Son did not possess the essence of the Father.....there would be no family connection. In modern terminology would would say that Jesus shares divine DNA with the Father.

Such people present a logical fallacy and declare, The Son of a president is not a president:).......when you ask them if the son of a dog is still a dog.......you get that deer in a headlight confused look. Its a logical fallacy........a president is not a person, its a position. A president is a position that only 1 person at a time can hold. Deity is not a position, but THE NATURE OF BEING.

Even the hierarchy of the Jewish leaders realized that Jesus claiming to be The Son of God....made Him equal to God. (John 5:18)

God calls His Son..........God. (Heb. 1:8). Jesus was God. (John 1:1). Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God. (Phil 2:6)

He prayed to His Father............Jesus was God the same way that you are your fathers child, Jesus had the "essence" of God.

Essence: the most important or essential part. You contain the "essence" of your parents. An apple tree produces apples.......nothing else.

Read the scriptures. Jesus speaks of His Father as a separate being. The Father and Jesus are working (John 5:17,19)
Jesus speaks of the Father loving Him. (John 5:20) Jesus was delegated authority from Heaven (John 5:22, 26-27).
Jesus does not do His own will. (John 5:30).

Jesus declares that "self witness" is not valid, it must take the witness of others (John 5:31). And there are separate witness to Jesus (John 5:32). Found in that list of witnesses Jesus mentions the Father as a witness. (John 5:37-38)

Father God speaks of Jesus as being a separate being. "This is My beloved Son......" (Matt. 3:16-17, Matt. 17:5).

John says that God bears witness to Jesus (1 John 5:9). All 3 beings of the Godhead are mentioned in scripture, "One Spirit, One Son, and One Father God........." (Eph. 4:4-6)

In the beginning Jesus preexisted creation (John 1:1). Jesus is the SON OF GOD. Some attempt to declare that a Son is not the same as the Father, such as the Jehovah's witnesses........but then they can't explain how the Son can exist without the Father, if the Son did not possess the essence of the Father.....there would be no family connection. In modern terminology would would say that Jesus share divine DNA with the Father.

Such people present a logical fallacy and declare, The Son of a president is not a president:).......when you ask them if the son of a dog is still a dog.......you get that deer in a headlight confused look. Its a logical fallacy........a president is not a person, its a position. A president is a position that only 1 person at a time can hold. Deity is not a position, but THE NATURE OF BEING.

Even the hierarchy of the Jewish leaders realized that Jesus claiming to be The Son of God....made Him equal to God. (John 5:18)

God calls His Son..........God. (Heb. 1:8). Jesus was God. (John 1:1). Jesus thought it not robbery to be equal with God. (Phil 2:6)
Someone on this board who actually understands!

Forum List

Back