If Jesus couldn't keep HIMSELF out of trouble...

...how do you expect him to save you? :eusa_eh:

This seems like a fatal theological flaw if ever there was one.

The flaw in your question is A) that it implies everyone believes in Jesus the same way and B) That you know what is mean t by the phrase "saved" and that it has something to do with evading physical peril.

Now if this was nothing more than an attempt at antagonism, well gee, how clever of you. I suppose I could write something along the lines of
"If 86%+ of the world knows something and you deny it's even possible, do you feel like an idiot?"

But let's go with the assumption that you weren't actually just being an @ss and wanted to disucss this.

Questions? Comments?

If one's being saved has nothing to do with avoiding peril, as you imply, then how can salvation have any meaning?

I can't decide. Are you just too illiterate to have noticed and understood the word "physical" before "peril" in that sentence, or did you deliberately leave it out so that you could answer the remark you WANTED to hear, instead of the one you're too pig-stupid to handle?

Given the average IQ of bigots like you, either could be possible.

Maybe He was foreseeing your birth and wondering if it meant that mankind wasn't worth saving, after all. God knows, your existence makes ME wonder that sometimes.

Wow. Skipping your thorazine much??

I have to tell you, this series of tantrum-ettes is only a pathetic shadow of what I've seen you post in the past. You need to up your game, girlie, or I'll have to put you on ignore.

As it now stands, there's no need for you at all. AllieBlubber can post better drivel that what you've come up with in the last 24 hours.

Nice try, loser. But your OP was about as deep and clever as the average teenager cussing at the dinner table to shock Mom and Dad, and your subsequent posts were less meaningful and coherent than my last conversation with my two-year-old. No amount of assumed loftiness or looking up the spellings of psych meds is going to change the fact that you've made yourself out to be a crass, ill-mannered, adolescent religious bigot for all of us to see and laugh at.

Feel free to continue trying to pretend your posts require any sort of serious response. And by all means, hold your breath until you merit enough of my respect to get one.

Hey, tell us again how Avatar can't join a mercenary unit, and how that's relevant to the topic. :lol:

The OP got you to bite.

...how do you expect him to save you? :eusa_eh:

This seems like a fatal theological flaw if ever there was one.

Atheists discussing faith is like ugly virgin prudes discussing sex:

No experience, no chance of getting any, and no interest in getting any.

I would have gone with "members of NOW discussing the evil slavery that is marriage", but I suppose it comes out to the same thing. :eusa_whistle:

No, I am not. That's what YOU guys do... to homosexuals, with abortion(which I don't condone), to poor people, to people of different religions... it's so deeply embedded in your politics, that they are inseparable for MOST of you.

I've shown scripture after scripture that your way is not of Christ... but you want to be a "christian nation".

I'll tell you what... Show me a passage that tells people to amass incredible wealth and hoard it...that I cannot refute with a different passage, and I will convert to Tea Party politics.

Being wealthy is NOT a sin.

BibleGateway - Quick search: wealth

And of course the Bible tells us to help the poor.....NOT to help the ones that don't want to help themselves.

Where does it say not to help those who don't want to help themselves?... I mean.. philosophically, I agree with you... but show me the scripture. The typical problem with your side is that you think every poor person simply doesn't want to help themselves. When in fact... the number of people that REALLY are duping the system are very few... but in the Conservative eye... that doesn't matter. Even if there are only a few doing this... you're willing to screw the rest over so that the few don't get something for nothing.

II Thessalonians 3:6-14

6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching[a] you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”
11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed. 15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

Any other questions?

some of you guys are totally clueless and probably shouldnt even comment ....

Jesus knew his fate (death by torture and crucifixion) from his birth.... it was old testament prophecy... there were no surprises... He was GOD...

He repeated it over and over the the apostles (i will be raised by man) .. only John understood he meant death... the others thought he meant raised to a earthly throne...

if Jesus was God.....when he prayed.....who was he praying too?....

Dear Harry:

(A) This is the passage I used to resolve this between two JW and two Christians:

JOHN 10:29-30
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. 30 I and my Father are one.

Jesus acknowledges within the same context, that the Father is GREATER
and also that HE and the FATHER are ONE.

So it does NOT mean they are exactly one and the same IDENTICAL.

They are one in spirit, God's will perfectly incarnated in Jesus without separation.
Clearly Jesus is physically limited in human form, but a perfect manifestation of God's will and spirit of God's laws, that is why Jesus is taught as the fulfillment of God's WORD.

(B) if it is easier to make a secular analogy
the US Government is ONE, there are not "three separate governments"
when we say that governmental authority is manifested as judicial, legislative, executive

even though the people ARE the government
we still have to petition TO the government to redress grievances and
establish points of law

If you take "Jesus" or "Equal Justice for All" to be the governing spirit or body of laws
that the people embody to establish one government over all of us (the second level),
then we STILL may have to petition TO Judicial authority for interpretation (the first level).

Does this help explain the relationship?
How can the people be "one with Government,"
and yet petition TO this Government as distinct entities as well?

i look at that as Jesus is saying he and his Father (God) are one as in .....
1....the same type of Being......
2....how i am (meaning his Demeanor and attitude Etc.) so is my Father....
3....we are both on the same page as to what we are trying to do for you Humans.....all 3 is what i think.....

And of course the Bible tells us to help the poor.....NOT to help the ones that don't want to help themselves.

i dont think to many of those passages are saying being wealthy is a blessing.....like this one......"They carried off all their wealth and all their women and children, taking as plunder everything in the houses."........sounds like a raid to me......im sure God would approve though......the others just sound like someone getting rich....

No, I am not. That's what YOU guys do... to homosexuals, with abortion(which I don't condone), to poor people, to people of different religions... it's so deeply embedded in your politics, that they are inseparable for MOST of you.

I've shown scripture after scripture that your way is not of Christ... but you want to be a "christian nation".

I'll tell you what... Show me a passage that tells people to amass incredible wealth and hoard it...that I cannot refute with a different passage, and I will convert to Tea Party politics.

Where does it say not to help those who don't want to help themselves?... I mean.. philosophically, I agree with you... but show me the scripture. The typical problem with your side is that you think every poor person simply doesn't want to help themselves. When in fact... the number of people that REALLY are duping the system are very few... but in the Conservative eye... that doesn't matter. Even if there are only a few doing this... you're willing to screw the rest over so that the few don't get something for nothing.

while i agree with your point Steele about the poor.......i dont agree with what you said about fraud in the system as being a very few......if Welfare fraud is in the billions of dollars nationwide......then there is more doing it than just a few.....

while i agree with your point Steele about the poor.......i dont agree with what you said about fraud in the system as being a very few......if Welfare fraud is in the billions of dollars nationwide......then there is more doing it than just a few.....

I've done a Google search and it took me three pages to even get a number on how much it costs the nation... The highest figure I've seen is $300M. Yes, that is a lot of money... but it's not destroying us.

God the Father, the part of the Godhead that stayed in Heaven.

Why is this story so damned difficult for you people to remember? It's not like it's an obscure one that never gets talked about, or anything.
your saying God was praying to a part of himself?.....GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK.....there is supposed to be ONE God....as such that one god would not be praying to himself or a part of himself....Jesus was not "God"......he was another distinct Being sent here by that "God" to do what he was supposed to do....for someone who is telling people off because they have not read the Bible......you sure as hell sound just as stupid as anyone here.....including me....

I didn't say He was praying. That was YOUR choice of words. He was talking to God the Father. If you define "praying" as "talking to God", then I suppose you can say He was praying, but I frankly think you're way too hung up on semantics at this point.

Who ever said there WASN'T one God? I didn't. Your imaginative difficulties and restrictions are not my problem or His, but I think we would both appreciate it if you would stop trying to impose your limitations on others as some objective standard of reality.

Speaking of sounding stupid, "I can't understand that, therefore it's not real, and if you believe it, then you're stupid for not agreeing with my worldview" pretty much defines that word in my book. :eusa_hand:

didn't say He was praying. That was YOUR choice of words. He was talking to God the Father. If you define "praying" as "talking to God", then I suppose you can say He was praying, but I frankly think you're way too hung up on semantics at this point.

yes it was my choice......and if you were paying attention to the flow of the Conversation.....someone earlier had said Jesus was God.....i was asking that individual (who never replied) if Jesus was God.....who was he praying too? .......you jumped in with your answer about the Godhead.....you said he was praying to the PART of the Godhead who stayed in Heaven......in other words it was like Spock reporting to Kirk on his progress with the Humans here.....Right?......since thats all the Bible is......one of the greatest stories of Man being visited by the Extraterrestrials who just may have seeded him here and were now trying to give them some Direction........

That's just it sky...

While I don't believe that the entire bible is fiction, I do believe that the Council of Nicaea may have kept the books of the bible that fit their culture and scrapped the rest. i am not saying that went down that way... but it may have been. The thing is.... if there are all these other Gospels that were banned from the bible, who's to say we are following a true path?

exactly and i dont put it past Human religious Zealots to make things to fit in with the power over people that they desire.......some "Religious" leaders of the past were down right fucking assholes......

American Standard Version

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast your pearls before the swine, lest haply they trample them under their feet, and turn and rend you.

Matthew 7:6

And now you know why threads like this always turn into a buzzard fuck!~

Forum List

Back