If it's true that Americans are losing faith, then things will only get worse, not better

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
American life will become more coarse, more brutal, less forgiving, less merciful, and more hateful as people lose faith, if that is indeed, what is happening.

You think things are bad now, they will get worse in time.

The churches have been infiltrated and compromised, including my own Catholic Church, so it is hard to see the churches leading us out of this mess.

Everything is moving according to prophecy and it will continue to change for the worse

The churches used to play an important role in relieving poverty, taking care of the sick, taking care of widows and orphans, but much of that work has been transferred to the government. I think the growth of big government has caused faith to seem less relevant to many people.

Also, the relative prosperity most people in America enjoy has decreased the pressing need that people in desperate straits have for faith in God.

Also, there are many distractions: movies, music, TV shows, the internet, crowding out such things as prayer and church attendance.

The churches used to play an important role in relieving poverty, taking care of the sick, taking care of widows and orphans, but much of that work has been transferred to the government. I think the growth of big government has caused faith to seem less relevant to many people.

Also, the relative prosperity most people in America enjoy has decreased the pressing need that people in desperate straits have for faith in God.

Also, there are many distractions: movies, music, TV shows, the internet, crowding out such things as prayer and church attendance.

Oh well.

They had a good run.

The conservative dogma is what is hurting America and slowing religious "belief". It is hard to have "faith" when all your leaders are so antichrist in their behavior.

American life will become more coarse, more brutal, less forgiving, less merciful, and more hateful as people lose faith, if that is indeed, what is happening.

The churches have been infiltrated and compromised, including my own Catholic Church, so it is hard to see the churches leading us out of this mess.
Have faith.

Got any examples of this happening? I look at Western Europe today and I see just the opposite.

Look at the great revolutions of our day. Mao and Lenin were cruel and brutal anti-religious types but their societies, horrible as they were, were probably not much different from what came before them.

Muslim fundamentalists, whatever you think of them, are people of faith and it is their faith that fuels their jihad.

Got any examples of this happening? I look at Western Europe today and I see just the opposite.

Look at the great revolutions of our day. Mao and Lenin were cruel and brutal anti-religious types but their societies, horrible as they were, were probably not much different from what came before them.

Muslim fundamentalists, whatever you think of them, are people of faith and it is their faith that fuels their jihad.
No. Their jihad is due to illiteracy and psychopaths telling them what to do.
Jihad=inability to think rationally. Meatheads
1517979420734.jpg

What? Not much worse than what came before them?

The conservative dogma is what is hurting America and slowing religious "belief". It is hard to have "faith" when all your leaders are so antichrist in their behavior.
Like what killing new born babies like democrats?

God will give is the power to strike down these left wing haters so they never get up again.
We must take Steps to prevent a rise of democrat ideology. With education .

actually, they're leading us into the 'mess'

~S~
No. They’re not.

We don’t need any help. We are getting there on our own.

It’s cyclical. When we become satisfied we become proud and then we fall. Then we remember the behaviors that made us successful and we rise from the ashes. It’s the history of man.

The cycle is not limited to societies. It can be seen at the individual level. It is perfectly logical and makes complete sense. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.

If the only thing keeping you from going on a murderous rampage is the belief that a Fairy in the Sky is going to punish you in the afterlife, then your morality is pretty shallow.

Here's the thing, I figured out that Catholicism and religion were all bullshit in my early 20's... and I'm about to hit 57.

I've never murdered anyone, even though thanks to the Army, I'm more than capable.

I don't steal, rob, rape, abuse, mistreat people or do anything like that. I do use bad language (oh my!). I point out when stupid people are being stupid.

And this is a bad thing, why? Hey, here's the thing, the government doesn't deliver services, we can vote them the fuck out. We can't vote out God. He's too busy not existing.

Again, you talk like this is a bad thing. Okay, we kind of get it, the Church is very good at keeping poor people in line by promising them all sorts of goodies in the afterlife so they tolerate the awful in the hear and now, keep quiet and don't try to change anything. This was probably the plan when Constantine decided "What national religion will keep these people in line now that gladiatorial games are boring?"

The thing is, we made thing better WITHOUT God, because God was perfectly fine with slavery and other bad stuff. And after we changed things, then the Churches that were mostly silent said, "Me, too! Me, Too!"

Kind of like we've all kind of collectively decided that Homophobia is bad. (I know, you haven't come around yet) and the Churches are all finally coming along.

Yes, all these things are more interesting than watching some pedophile scream at you about God.

"American life will become more coarse, more brutal, less forgiving, less merciful, and more hateful as people lose faith, if that is indeed, what is happening."

except it is the FAITHFUL conservative christians who are the most hateful people.

Successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure.

then i'd encourge you to start reading the opinions of the so called God fearing flock of fools here, who's behavior is all about their completely skewed reality of His will

~S~

Forum List

Back