If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd choice

there is no evidence for or against the existence of god .
I think they call that a push...
or Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.
The fallaciousness of arguments from ignorance does not mean that one can never possess good reasons for thinking that something does not exist, an idea captured by philosopher Bertrand Russell's teapot, a hypothetical china teapot revolving about the sun between Earth and Mars; however this would fall more duly under the arena of pragmatism[vague], wherein a position must be demonstrated or proven in order to be upheld, and therefore the burden of proof is on the argument's proponent.[citation needed] See also Occam's razor (assume simplicity over complexity).Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

D. All of the above.

I've been telling y'all from the beginning... it's all about delving in to the privacy of your own mind with all the fluid theories and guesses you care to include in your analysis and deciding for yourself at THIS moment embedded in Father Time.

Religion and Ethics: It's all about me. As it should be for you.

All together now:
"Religious beliefs are like nipples... every Monkey has a set and no two sets are exactly alike."

:eusa_think: Is the plethora of choices with full mix, match and personalize capabilities a symptom of a fictitious God, or just more evidence?
:dunno:

You're a fool. The Bible talks of fools all through it, God warned us of people like you....

ISAIAH 32:6

For fools speak folly, their hearts are bent on evil: They practice ungodliness and spread error concerning the Lord; the hungry they leave empty and from the thirsty they withhold water.

BibleGateway.com - Keyword Search: Fools

That was the final proof that I needed to let Jesus go five plus years ago.

Free at last, free at last, thank (insert your preferred Deity here) Almighty I'm free at last!!

`

Just because He didn't STRIKE YOU DOWN for doing that "now"....doesn't mean you won't pay for it later. It's in Gods time, not yours :)

I'm counting on it. That's why they call death 'inevitable'.

And, for the record, 'strike me down' is the extreme end of my open ended challenge to God. I'm inviting ANY communication that I can prove to others, or proven Divine communication with any other Monkey. I'm easy to get along with...

Just because He didn't STRIKE YOU DOWN for doing that "now"....doesn't mean you won't pay for it later. It's in Gods time, not yours :)
so if AJ is hit by a bus you will falsely assume that it was god's handy work..?

No...how would I know? Just like if he woke up one day and found out he has 2 months to live...or if something happened to him financially, or any other "disaster". I have no idea what God's plan is for him....maybe nothing will happen and he'll one day face God for judgement. Wouldn't want to be him then either......
what you just posted is contradictive. your words infer that god exists, then you say how would I know!

Not if I'm still here these many years after.

You're time isn't the same as Gods. He's in no hurry, why should he be? He just may have not decided on your punishment, or may it's just not time. Don't blow your horn yet.....

:eusa_eh: Too late. We're already 10 pages in.

According to some interpretations of the ancient stories, my punishment was decided before I was born and there is an especially painful place in Hell for Monkeys who try to lead others from Jesus..

I'm fine with that. I consider it fiction.

Are you angry with me because of what I believe?

Free at last, free at last, thank (insert your preferred Deity here) Almighty I'm free at last!!

`

so if AJ is hit by a bus you will falsely assume that it was god's handy work..?

Funny when you think about how this works

He's using you, your simply part of his plan, but you just don't know it.

That's got to hurt

`

Could be. Ass-u-me-ing God is responsible for plants.

:smoke:

That's got to hurt
if that helps you get through the day then cool.. go with that ..
for me it's fiction..

No...how would I know? Just like if he woke up one day and found out he has 2 months to live...or if something happened to him financially, or any other "disaster". I have no idea what God's plan is for him....maybe nothing will happen and he'll one day face God for judgement. Wouldn't want to be him then either......

50 something years in and I consider myself to be one of the luckiest Monkeys to have been given a short ride on the Time-line, if it helps to establish the vig.

3rd choice

there is no evidence for or against the existence of god .
I think they call that a push...
or Argument from ignorance, also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam or "appeal to ignorance" (where "ignorance" stands for: "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic. It asserts that a proposition is true because it has not yet been proven false, it is "generally accepted" (or vice versa). This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to prove the proposition satisfactorily to be either true or false. Nor does it allow the admission that the choices may in fact not be two (true or false), but may be as many as four, (1) true, (2) false, (3) unknown between true or false, and (4) being unknowable (among the first three).[1] In debates, appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.
The fallaciousness of arguments from ignorance does not mean that one can never possess good reasons for thinking that something does not exist, an idea captured by philosopher Bertrand Russell's teapot, a hypothetical china teapot revolving about the sun between Earth and Mars; however this would fall more duly under the arena of pragmatism[vague], wherein a position must be demonstrated or proven in order to be upheld, and therefore the burden of proof is on the argument's proponent.[citation needed] See also Occam's razor (assume simplicity over complexity).Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

D. All of the above.

I've been telling y'all from the beginning... it's all about delving in to the privacy of your own mind with all the fluid theories and guesses you care to include in your analysis and deciding for yourself at THIS moment embedded in Father Time.

All together now:
"Religious beliefs are like nipples... every Monkey has a set and no two sets are exactly alike."

:eusa_think: Is the plethora of choices with full mix, match and personalize capabilities a symptom of a fictitious God, or just more evidence?

You're a fool. The Bible talks of fools all through it, God warned us of people like you....

For fools speak folly, their hearts are bent on evil: They practice ungodliness and spread error concerning the Lord; the hungry they leave empty and from the thirsty they withhold water.

And Stephen King warns of a viscous clown in the sewer.

Fiction | Define Fiction at Dictionary.com

I'm not worried, and you shouldn't worry about me.

Would Monkey life on earth be more pleasant if we could just get the Sunnis to stop worrying about their Shiite neighbors? :eusa_eh:

That's got to hurt

That's me... AVG-SATAN in skin.
:eusa_shhh:

Look me up on the other side if we're both wrong, eh? We'll have a laugh.

what you just posted is contradictive. your words infer that god exists, then you say how would I know!

How am I supposed to know what God is thinking about another person??? What I wrote is possibilities.

That IS true. I read a story about a man that went to heaven and was in shock of who he saw there. So many people that he was sure he'd never see again. We don't know what God really thinks, and this is one reason I have never told someone they were going to hell because of their beliefs. I will try to warn them, like I have you....but I would never say what their outcome really is going to be. I think in some way, you really do believe....but you haven't realized that yet.

And God bless us, everyone.

Not everyone. God please don't bless the guy who let his dog take a massive shit on my front lawn--also definitely don't bless that delivery guy who didn't bring my salad and then promised to bring it but never came back. I hate that dude. Bastard. Rot in hell!

:mad:

D. All of the above.

All together now:

And Stephen King warns of a viscous clown in the sewer.

Fiction | Define Fiction at Dictionary.com

I'm not worried, and you shouldn't worry about me.

Would Monkey life on earth be more pleasant if we could just get the Sunnis to stop worrying about their Shiite neighbors? :eusa_eh:

I love Stephen King, and IT had to be the scariest ever!

You think I shouldn't worry about you or anyone else like you. But we are directed to at least TRY to spread the Word to others. I do try....and I have never forced anyone to listen to me, I don't believe forced religion does anyone any good. We are to pray for the lost. And that's what I do......

How am I supposed to know what God is thinking about another person??? What I wrote is possibilities.
assumptions is more accurate....

That IS true. I read a story about a man that went to heaven and was in shock of who he saw there. So many people that he was sure he'd never see again. We don't know what God really thinks, and this is one reason I have never told someone they were going to hell because of their beliefs. I will try to warn them, like I have you....but I would never say what their outcome really is going to be. I think in some way, you really do believe....but you haven't realized that yet.

:beer: To each her own!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back