If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alliteration: Talkin' story. :D

Definition of ALLITERATION
: the repetition of usually initial consonant sounds in two or more neighboring words or syllables (as wild and woolly, threatening throngs) —called also head rhyme, initial rhyme
Alliteration - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

I have observed that many of the most loopey liberals babble belligerantly.

Sometimes alliteration alleviates allegorical allegations.

Or perhaps that's just bluffing bullshit.

Last edited:
You have a point Joe. I was thinking more about the immigrants that moved to this area to work in the steel mills before WW2 broke out. They were so proud to be Americans. My Dad grew up with their kids, and I grew up with their grand kids. When their kids came home from school, they weren't allowed to speak Russian, or Italian or Greek. The spoke English and taught their parents to speak English. They didn't want to be known as Italian-Americans. or Italians with American benefits. They were Americans that came from Italy. They adjusted to our lifestyle, but kept their heritage.
It's different now. Today we have to adjust to their lifestyle, with our benefits, or be branded a racist.
Back then x amount of immigrants came to our country based on how many we could sustain. Now we have a steady stream, day in and day out. And we're already broke and out of work.
And giving non-citizens the right to vote in American elections amazes me. Do we get to choose the next President of Brazil? or England's next PM? Why not, they can choose ours if the want to make the trip....
I didn't give any thought to the other things you mentioned, but if they're citizens, they all have their share of the Constitution. It may not be perfect, but I'd rather a few bad ones slip passed the system, then the system be taken away from all the good ones. :)

1. Yes. This thread is all about me and my choice to believe that the God of Abraham is fictitious in spite of the ancient stories.

2. Of course God is required to reveal himself to me! How else are we supposed to have a 'relationship'? :dunno:

Have you ever, honestly, opened yourself up to having that relationship?

"Seek and ye shall find"

1. Yes. This thread is all about me and my choice to believe that the God of Abraham is fictitious in spite of the ancient stories.

2. Of course God is required to reveal himself to me! How else are we supposed to have a 'relationship'? :dunno:

"Seek and ye shall find"
more inane dialog from the worst script ever written.
george clooney would have a hard time making that not sound hokey!

"Seek and ye shall find"

The Snook I'm having for dinner is just fine.
:eusa_hand:

The Snook I'm having for dinner is just fine.
:eusa_hand:
is that a dodge or do have a condition?

Are you really that thick?
Snook is a fish.
I don't need your Red Herring.
I wasn't talking to you and, besides, you didn't answer the question either

That is how people who do not want to deal with the question react.

For my part, I understand the question, and I applaud you for taking the bull by the horns. I guess I would approach it differently.

I would say, God says that every man will answer for himself at the last judgemnt. HOw will you answer? Will you stand on your own merits, hoping that your good is good enough to impress God? Or will you realize, along with me, that we are all hopeless wretches at the core, and throw yourself at the feet of Jesus, who suffered eternal torments so you could escape eternal torments?

"Seek and ye shall find"

Oh yeah... been there, done that. I thumped a Bible for several years and, truth be told, I mourned a bit when I finally admitted to myself that I didn't believe any more.

"Seek and ye shall find"

It ain't that hokey - I once bought in to it hook, line and sinker.

is that a dodge or do have a condition?

Are you really that thick?
Snook is a fish.
I don't need your Red Herring.
I wasn't talking to you and, besides, you didn't answer the question either

That is how people who do not want to deal with the question react.

For my part, I understand the question, and I applaud you for taking the bull by the horns. I guess I would approach it differently.

I would say, God says that every man will answer for himself at the last judgemnt. HOw will you answer? Will you stand on your own merits, hoping that your good is good enough to impress God? Or will you realize, along with me, that we are all hopeless wretches at the core, and throw yourself at the feet of Jesus, who suffered eternal torments so you could escape eternal torments?

I'll stand on my own heart, soul, mind and deeds if I find myself waking up from my death bed in Gods hall of judgement.

Yup. I'm THAT sure He's imaginary.

I'm certainly not that stupid.... I know me! :eek:

By "He's imaginary" I specifically mean the God of the Abraham - Star of The Torah, New Testament & Koran.

If there IS a God, I trust that He'll be fine with my rejection of the ancient stories, and in that case, I'm still fine with standing on my own heart, soul, mind and deeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back