If Hillary Bows Out, Who Have The Dems Got?

In reality, Biden has zero chances. He's too stupid, shoots his mouth off all to easily and has the weight of Obama's failed administration hanging around his neck.

You take the personal attacks to a new low. Are you really an asshole, or is it an affectation? If you have nothing sagacious to post, it's best to STFU.
I made it bolder for you. But you didn't take that political parody seriously? That would be too funny!

Historically, the political pendulum has swung between Democrats and Republicans

What we are seeing over the last 20 years is that the pendulum is not swinging equally in each direction. When the pendulum swung towards the Democrats they won the Electoral Vote by huge margins, when it swung to the Republicans they barely reached 270 votes

In the Senate, that pendulum swing would give the Democrats 55- 60 seats but would give the Republicans 50-52 seats

Republicans will cease to be a viable party when they can no longer get that pendulum to bring them past 50%

IMHO: The Republican Party is too valuable a brand for them to allow some fringers to destroy it.
They will adapt.

I agree

The Republican Party we have today is not the same party they had 30 years ago. As it becomes more difficult to win national elections, they will be forced to adapt

It is really a question of how badly will they have to lose before they refocus the party and at what point will they tell the rightwing media to go fuck themselves?

I agree. Are they going to have to hit rock bottom before they admit their problem?

I've been seeing some signs that reality is beginning to dawn on some Republicans - Jeb Bush's recent remarks on immigration for one. I think the move has started, but things often move in fits and starts in politics. It may take one more big humiliation.

Sorry, but your link proves my point

Sorry, but your claim was the Democratic support was deeper than the support for Republicans, but the facts show that the largest electoral college victories have gone for the most part to Republican candidates.

I am talking elections in the last 20 years. Elections from 100 years ago do not have much bearing on todays political scene

Where has the Electoral College gone in the last six elections?

Since 1980: What is your point?

1980 - Reagan- R1984- Reagan- R1988- Bush (Sr)- R1992- Clinton- D1996- Clinton- D2000- Bush (Jr)- R2004- Bush (Jr)- R2008- Obama- D2012- Obama- D

There was no Presidential election in 2010

There is little question that Republicans have gerrymandered themselves a House until 2020, but they still lose the popular vote

Democrats have to defend all the Senate seats they won in the 2008 landslide. This may be the last chance Republicans have to take the Senate in quite a while. But their victory will be short lived as in 2016 they will be in a Presidential election cycle and must defend the seats they won in 2010

With the Red State/Blue State alignment, the Presidency may be out of reach for Republicans for the next generation

So 2010 means nothing?

Partisans place a great deal of faith on their Laurels, despite the fact that ever since the Roosevelt Monarcy, neither party has ruled Washington for an extended period.

Historically, the political pendulum has swung between Democrats and Republicans

What we are seeing over the last 20 years is that the pendulum is not swinging equally in each direction. When the pendulum swung towards the Democrats they won the Electoral Vote by huge margins, when it swung to the Republicans they barely reached 270 votes

In the Senate, that pendulum swing would give the Democrats 55- 60 seats but would give the Republicans 50-52 seats

Republicans will cease to be a viable party when they can no longer get that pendulum to bring them past 50%

A pendulum is probably a good choice for an analogy.

Eventually it stops swinging.

This is the point when everyone realises how much time they wasted on partisan bullshit.

Sorry, but your claim was the Democratic support was deeper than the support for Republicans, but the facts show that the largest electoral college victories have gone for the most part to Republican candidates.

I am talking elections in the last 20 years. Elections from 100 years ago do not have much bearing on todays political scene

1980 - Reagan- R1984- Reagan- R1988- Bush (Sr)- R1992- Clinton- D1996- Clinton- D2000- Bush (Jr)- R2004- Bush (Jr)- R2008- Obama- D2012- Obama- D

The politial alignment of the states has changed since Reagan. Permanent Blue states now give the Democratic candidate a distinct advantage before the election even start. The Republican candidate needs to be perfect just to reach 270. As Bush showed, Republicans at their best barely pass 270

Democrats pass with a wide margin

1992 Clinton 370 Bush 168
1994 Clinton 379 Dole 159
2000 Bush 271 Gore 266
2004 Bush 286 Kerry 251
2008 Obama 365 McCain 173
2012 Obama 332 Romney 206

The politial alignment of the states has changed since Reagan. Permanent Blue states now give the Democratic candidate a distinct advantage before the election even start. The Republican candidate needs to be perfect just to reach 270. As Bush showed, Republicans at their best barely pass 270

2000 Bush 271 Gore 266
2004 Bush 286 Kerry 251

So, not only will we assume there's some sort of "pendulum" analogy (aka, a dampened cyclic function in only one direction.....a remarkably unnatural mathematical model, I may add), but you're also going to cherry-pick the data to support the theory?

:eusa_hand:

Good Luck with that.

In reality, Biden has zero chances. He's too stupid, shoots his mouth off all to easily and has the weight of Obama's failed administration hanging around his neck.

You take the personal attacks to a new low. Are you really an asshole, or is it an affectation? If you have nothing sagacious to post, it's best to STFU.
I made it bolder for you. But you didn't take that political parody seriously? That would be too funny!

I will post below the part of your post you omitted. Evidence you're not only an asshole but a very dishonest one too.

"Thanks for giving us an insight to how the clinically insane think. Great parody! I suppose there are some folks literally do think like that so it may not be all that funny. We have to be careful in ridiculing the handicapped, there's a fine line between humor and disparagement."

I will post below the part of your post you omitted. Evidence you're not only an asshole but a very dishonest one too.

"Thanks for giving us an insight to how the clinically insane think. Great parody! I suppose there are some folks literally do think like that so it may not be all that funny. We have to be careful in ridiculing the handicapped, there's a fine line between humor and disparagement."

*****yawn*****

very helpful.

2000 Bush 271 Gore 266
2004 Bush 286 Kerry 251

So, not only will we assume there's some sort of "pendulum" analogy (aka, a dampened cyclic function in only one direction.....a remarkably unnatural mathematical model, I may add), but you're also going to cherry-pick the data to support the theory?

Good Luck with that.

There has always been a political pendulum. If you want to credit me for the theory, go at it

Choosing the last six election cycles is far from cherry picking

*****yawn*****

very helpful.

Very substantive ^^^, you never cease to amaze.

Almost the entire Democrat party is waiting for Hillary to announce. Big donors are holding off donating to any other candidate because they expect she'll run.
What if she doesn't? Who is the front runner after Hillary? Who unites the Democrats and offers a prospect for a win in 2016?

A woman in or nearing her 70s, no matter how excellent she may be, is not fit to run the country in the shape it's in. Neither is a man at that age. So she is out of the running.

They're grooming the Senator gal from Massachussets. They've even trained her to make her verbal points by holding her hand up with the thumb clasped between the index and middle finger in a shake-shake motion, like Bill Clinton often did. They're going to try to pitch her as "the new, younger Hillary". Not realizing of course that it's not Hillary the nation wants but rather they want Bill Clinton and those years back. They're not going to trust that yen to some stand-in. That gal doesn't come packing with Bill in tow...

And Bill is getting way too old too, don't forget. The human body and mind has its limits. Could he withstand another 8 years at the Whitehouse? The answer, as everyone knows it to be, is "No".

What we need is some man [sorry gals, not until things simmer down] in his late 40s or early 50s, with enough wisdom under his belt and an excrutiating love of God and Country. And a complete disdain for anyone who would undermine either of those icons.

Good luck finding that in the democratic ranks. Though I do hold out hope. Can't think of anyone in their flock that meets those criteria. Nor in the far right either. Someone in the middle needs to step up. People are hungry and very nostalgic for a true independent leader who believes in democracy; not fascism on the right or left..

*****yawn*****

very helpful.

Very substantive ^^^, you never cease to amaze.

Thanks, but it is not difficult to amuse you with even the smallest of shiny objects.

2000 Bush 271 Gore 266
2004 Bush 286 Kerry 251

Good Luck with that.

There has always been a political pendulum. If you want to credit me for the theory, go at it

Choosing the last six election cycles is far from cherry picking

Assuming that elections are won based entirely upon partisanship is absurd.

But like I said, most people like the comfort of whatever theory they can use to predict an uncertain future.

If your religion works for you, enjoy it!

2000 Bush 271 Gore 266
2004 Bush 286 Kerry 251

I think it is to the point that it does not matter who the parties run. It all now comes down to the "D" or "R" that determines if they win or lose.

Biden. Scary thing is as scary as he is he might not be as bad as what we have.

Biden would actually not be a bad choice. He isnt an ideologue. He understands working with the opposition. He didnt have a 30 year senate career for nothing. He is very underestimated.
He wont get the nomination, having crapped out many times before. And he still has that plagiarism thing going on. Plus his public image is that of a moron. But if he assumed the presidency it would be a huge improvement.

Biden. Scary thing is as scary as he is he might not be as bad as what we have.

Biden would actually not be a bad choice. He isnt an ideologue. He understands working with the opposition. He didnt have a 30 year senate career for nothing. He is very underestimated.
He wont get the nomination, having crapped out many times before. And he still has that plagiarism thing going on. Plus his public image is that of a moron. But if he assumed the presidency it would be a huge improvement.

Rabbi - when you are right, you are right. And I believe you are right about this one. Biden is a smart guy and he is terrific in a small room, bringing people together and hammering out an agreement.

He's not too good in a big room. He just can't seem to get his foot out of his mouth.

In that regard, I think he is the exact opposite of the current POTUS.

When I saw he wanted to limit his sample to only that which supported his claim and not look at the bigger picture, I realized he was only wasting our time.

Forum List

Back