If Hillary Bows Out, Who Have The Dems Got?

n4dwtw.jpg

Hillary has been a US Senator and Secretary of State making her more qualified than any current GOP candidate

I can't imagine Hillary disappointing her party and not running. If she'd be willing to do that and disappoint the party, she would have been willing to divorce Bill and disappoint the party. She never did that and if the party wants her to run, I don't think she'll say no unless for some drastic health concern

If she wasn't planning on running, she would have said so by now so that other potential candidates could start putting together exploratory committees to see how viable they might be. Obviously if she does not run, it will be a wide open race to the nomination.

Almost the entire Democrat party is waiting for Hillary to announce. Big donors are holding off donating to any other candidate because they expect she'll run.
What if she doesn't? Who is the front runner after Hillary? Who unites the Democrats and offers a prospect for a win in 2016?

Brian Schweitzer is going to be the Democratic nominee, whether Hillary runs or not. He'll run to her Left the way Obama did and she'll get trounced like 2008.

Almost the entire Democrat party is waiting for Hillary to announce. Big donors are holding off donating to any other candidate because they expect she'll run.
What if she doesn't? Who is the front runner after Hillary? Who unites the Democrats and offers a prospect for a win in 2016?

Someone would emerge. My money would be on O'Malley. I think he would give Dems the best chance at holding the White House. If it's not O'Malley, then I think it will be a dark horse who comes out of nowhere, much like Obama did. I'm not buying into most other names on the list.

O'Malley is a middle class white guy who passed strict gun control and imposed lots of taxes. MD's economy sucks, with revenue declinging from projections, no doubt because people left the state or otherwise altered the behavior in the face of tax increases. O'Malley is the poster boy for failed Democratic policies of tax and spend.
Revenue shortfall looms for Maryland - Baltimore Sun

If they really want a governor, they'll pick Deval Patrick. He's a clean articulate black man without a trace of Negro accent. Hell, Obama plagiarized his speeches from Patrick.

Lost in 2010.

There was no Presidential election in 2010

There is little question that Republicans have gerrymandered themselves a House until 2020, but they still lose the popular vote

Democrats have to defend all the Senate seats they won in the 2008 landslide. This may be the last chance Republicans have to take the Senate in quite a while. But their victory will be short lived as in 2016 they will be in a Presidential election cycle and must defend the seats they won in 2010

With the Red State/Blue State alignment, the Presidency may be out of reach for Republicans for the next generation

So 2010 means nothing?

Partisans place a great deal of faith on their Laurels, despite the fact that ever since the Roosevelt Monarcy, neither party has ruled Washington for an extended period.

Historically, the political pendulum has swung between Democrats and Republicans

What we are seeing over the last 20 years is that the pendulum is not swinging equally in each direction. When the pendulum swung towards the Democrats they won the Electoral Vote by huge margins, when it swung to the Republicans they barely reached 270 votes

In the Senate, that pendulum swing would give the Democrats 55- 60 seats but would give the Republicans 50-52 seats

Republicans will cease to be a viable party when they can no longer get that pendulum to bring them past 50%

Brian Schweitzer is going to be the Democratic nominee, whether Hillary runs or not. He'll run to her Left the way Obama did and she'll get trounced like 2008.

No one knows who he is.
He probably isn't left wing enough, batshit crazy enough, or lies enough to get the nomination.

No one knows who he is.
He probably isn't left wing enough, batshit crazy enough, or lies enough to get the nomination.

He's already making a name for himself by appearing on the Sunday shows regularly. Lots of time to get things rolling.

There is little question that Republicans have gerrymandered themselves a House until 2020, but they still lose the popular vote

Democrats have to defend all the Senate seats they won in the 2008 landslide. This may be the last chance Republicans have to take the Senate in quite a while. But their victory will be short lived as in 2016 they will be in a Presidential election cycle and must defend the seats they won in 2010

With the Red State/Blue State alignment, the Presidency may be out of reach for Republicans for the next generation

So 2010 means nothing?

Partisans place a great deal of faith on their Laurels, despite the fact that ever since the Roosevelt Monarcy, neither party has ruled Washington for an extended period.

Historically, the political pendulum has swung between Democrats and Republicans

What we are seeing over the last 20 years is that the pendulum is not swinging equally in each direction. When the pendulum swung towards the Democrats they won the Electoral Vote by huge margins, when it swung to the Republicans they barely reached 270 votes

In the Senate, that pendulum swing would give the Democrats 55- 60 seats but would give the Republicans 50-52 seats

Republicans will cease to be a viable party when they can no longer get that pendulum to bring them past 50%

Wrong yet again. You should really learn to find some evidence instead of making yourself look so...mistaken.

List of United States presidential elections by Electoral College margin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We will see Romney on stage debating Hilary in 16.
Romney will eat Hilary's lunch. Which is healthy for Hilary. By the time 16 rolls around she will weigh in at around 250 pounds. She doesn't have far to go.
I'd love to see her standing on stage wearing one of Homer Simpson's 'Moo-Moos' with huge flower prints on it.

:lol:

But seriously... you're not far off. She isn't aging well, couple that with her bouts of passing out, Benghazi, Bill.... I think she's pretty much done.

Enough of the Clinton's already.

I'm just wondering why some folks put so much stock in her physical appearance?
If you want women voters to swing in further toward the Democratic party, just keep that up.

Hillary has been a US Senator and Secretary of State making her more qualified than any current GOP candidate

I certainly will support her if she chooses to run. If not...we have plenty of talent (Warren, Cuomo, Dean to name a few) that would leave the passengers of the GOP Clown Car in the dust...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So 2010 means nothing?

Wrong yet again. You should really learn to find some evidence instead of making yourself look so...mistaken.

List of United States presidential elections by Electoral College margin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, but your link proves my point

I certainly will support her if she chooses to run. If not...we have plenty of talent (Warren, Cuomo, Dean to name a few) that would leave the passengers of the GOP Clown Car in the dust...

Cuomo may get primaried --for being "too far to the right"

That's how Lunatic fringe the entire Democrat Party is today

Cuomo may get primaried --for being "too far to the right"

That's how Lunatic fringe the entire Democrat Party is today

That NEVER happens to Republicans??????

So 2010 means nothing?

IMHO: The Republican Party is too valuable a brand for them to allow some fringers to destroy it.
They will adapt.

Sorry, but your claim was the Democratic support was deeper than the support for Republicans, but the facts show that the largest electoral college victories have gone for the most part to Republican candidates.

Last edited:
So 2010 means nothing?

IMHO: The Republican Party is too valuable a brand for them to allow some fringers to destroy it.
They will adapt.

I agree

The Republican Party we have today is not the same party they had 30 years ago. As it becomes more difficult to win national elections, they will be forced to adapt

It is really a question of how badly will they have to lose before they refocus the party and at what point will they tell the rightwing media to go fuck themselves?

Sorry, but your claim was the Democratic support was deeper than the support for Republicans, but the facts show that the largest electoral college victories have gone for the most part to Republican candidates.

I am talking elections in the last 20 years. Elections from 100 years ago do not have much bearing on todays political scene

Where has the Electoral College gone in the last six elections?

1992 Clinton 370 Bush 168
1994 Clinton 379 Dole 159
2000 Bush 271 Gore 266
2004 Bush 286 Kerry 251
2008 Obama 365 McCain 173
2012 Obama 332 Romney 206

Republican wins barely pass 270, while Democrats are winning by large margins (125 EV+)

The alignment of Red/Blue States is starting to favor the Democrats

Last edited:

Forum List

Back