If Hasan was Japanese and it was 1943, what would FDR's Response have been?

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™

Transcript: Obama's Remarks at Fort Hood Memorial Service - FOXNews.com

^Would it have Sounded like that?

Would FDR have Praised Japan and it's Culture and told us not to view this as a product of the War against Japan?

Would FDR have asked Americans to NOT jump to conclusions?

Would FDR have said things like this about the United States when Addressing Ft. Hood at the Memorial?:

"In an age of selfishness..."

"But this much we do know -- no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor."

What Faith did the 9/11 Terrorists subscribe to?...

The USS Cole Terrorists?...

The Beltway Sniper?...

The Jihadis who Target School Buses FULL of School Children with Bombs?...

The Governments like Iran's that Execute Women for simple Accusations of Infidelity in the Name of the "God", the VERY same "God" that Hasan Praised as he began Opening Fire on Soldiers set to go and Battle his Brothers in Islam?...

They ALL subscribe to Islam.

You have to be Delusional to NOT HEAR EXACTLY WHAT THE MIDDLE EASTERN ISLAMIC LEADERS ARE PREACHING!

This Willful Ignorance and Outright Dishonesty on the part of the American Left regarding who we are War with is WAY beyond Dangerous.

It's EXACTLY the Politically Correct, embrace EVERYTHING attitude that assisted in Hasan NOT being stopped before that Attack.

NOT looking at him for what he so Obviously was, was the FIRST Mistake by MANY Governmental Entities.

If we are going to continue to view Hasan and the other Hasans that are Most Definitely out there as if they are just Sick Individuals who are Incorrectly Interpreting the Quran, then we are only inviting MORE of these Attacks on our Soil.

It's Abundantly Clear what FDR would have done if Hasan were a Japanese Man in 1943 on a US Military Base...

Nothing, because it wouldn't have Happened.

FDR Rounded up the Japanese and Housed them in Internment Camps and the Possibility of a Massacre like Ft. Hood happening under FDR was ZERO.

Had it happened, the "Trial" would have been Swift, and he would have been Executed to the Applause of a Nation Unified against an Obvious Enemy.

Of course Internment is NOT what I am Calling for, but the Polar Opposite of that, which is to Embrace our Enemy even Harder after they Attack us, is NOT the path to Ending this Terrorism.

It hasn't been since 9/11 or BEFORE.

Our Enemy is Fighting us without the benefit of an Organized Military that we are always meeting on the Battlefield.

Our Enemy is Defining the Battlefield on an Indivual by Individual basis.

Hasan won't be the Last...

The question is, what will we do to stop the next Hasan?

Obsessively Praising Islam, starting with renaming our first War in Afghanistan back in 2001 because it "Offended" the Islamists, and up to the President's DISGUSTING remarks yesterday, hasn't Worked so far, but I am Sure this will be the path that the President and the American Left will continue to follow...

To the continued Harm of this REPUBLIC and it's Citizens.

I Hope I am Wrong.

© 2009 americanfreepress.org/tha malcontent. All rights reserved

:)

peace...

Last edited:
It's called progress.
I realize do realize that conservatives often experience difficulty with this concept, but attempt to at least acknowledge it's significance.
In 1943, we were not engaged in a fourth generation war where info ops could be just as crucial, or even more crucial, than actual combat operations. Your questions paint you as firmly mired in the realities of wars we are no longer 'lucky' enough to have to fight.
That you are willing to abandon all attention to any detail in order to slip into the blind hatred your mentally lethargic mind so craves is proof positive that the very terrorists you decry have been wildly successful- so much so that you sound much the way they do.

“It's Abundantly Clear what FDR would have done if Hasan were a Japanese Man in 1943 on a US Military Base...”
Uh, yeah….he’d have sent them to Europe to become one of the most highly decorated combat units of WWII ( 442nd).

Try to keep up; this is NOT your Grandfather's war. Simply fixing bayonets and charging 'them'...a them you've taken little time to properly define, incidentally...actually works to our disadvantage. You sure you aren't working for Al Qaeda, because you surely are playing right into their hands.

You spend LOTS of energy speaking about what won’t work. What WILL work ?
Standing by…….

FDR would've put him in front of a fire squad...after torturing him.

FDR was an asshole like that. It's why Mussolini loved FDR prior to WWII...he was damn near fascist.

FDR was wrong in his treatment of the Japanese. It is the one major dishonorable act of his otherwise great presidency.

I thank you malcontent for bringing up an example of what happens when we as a society overreact

Also, Reagan officially apologized to Japanese-Americans for their horrible treatment during WWII, after decades of government rationalization.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OiPldKsM5w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OiPldKsM5w[/ame]
Prior to Reagan's reversal, concentration camps were happy places, where Japanese-Americans always smiled!

Last edited:
I can tell that mal has not studied the disciplinary records of the 442d 100th Infantry. Yes, they were the most gallant of all, but they had some bad guys, too. Suggest mal you do some research before running your pen.

Would FDR have Praised Japan and it's Culture and told us not to view this as a product of the War against Japan?

Would FDR have said things like this about the United States when Addressing Ft. Hood at the Memorial?:

"But this much we do know -- no faith justifies these murderous and craven acts; no just and loving God looks upon them with favor."

The Beltway Sniper?...

The Governments like Iran's that Execute Women for simple Accusations of Infidelity in the Name of the "God", the VERY same "God" that Hasan Praised as he began Opening Fire on Soldiers set to go and Battle his Brothers in Islam?...

You have to be Delusional to NOT HEAR EXACTLY WHAT THE MIDDLE EASTERN ISLAMIC LEADERS ARE PREACHING!

This Willful Ignorance and Outright Dishonesty on the part of the American Left regarding who we are War with is WAY beyond Dangerous.

It's EXACTLY the Politically Correct, embrace EVERYTHING attitude that assisted in Hasan NOT being stopped before that Attack.

NOT looking at him for what he so Obviously was, was the FIRST Mistake by MANY Governmental Entities.

If we are going to continue to view Hasan and the other Hasans that are Most Definitely out there as if they are just Sick Individuals who are Incorrectly Interpreting the Quran, then we are only inviting MORE of these Attacks on our Soil.

It's Abundantly Clear what FDR would have done if Hasan were a Japanese Man in 1943 on a US Military Base...

FDR Rounded up the Japanese and Housed them in Internment Camps and the Possibility of a Massacre like Ft. Hood happening under FDR was ZERO.

Had it happened, the "Trial" would have been Swift, and he would have been Executed to the Applause of a Nation Unified against an Obvious Enemy.

Of course Internment is NOT what I am Calling for, but the Polar Opposite of that, which is to Embrace our Enemy even Harder after they Attack us, is NOT the path to Ending this Terrorism.

Our Enemy is Fighting us without the benefit of an Organized Military that we are always meeting on the Battlefield.

Obsessively Praising Islam, starting with renaming our first War in Afghanistan back in 2001 because it "Offended" the Islamists, and up to the President's DISGUSTING remarks yesterday, hasn't Worked so far, but I am Sure this will be the path that the President and the American Left will continue to follow...

I Hope I am Wrong.

peace...

Rather than "imagine" what someone else dead for decades "might do", what are your "suggestions"?

Think it through. Try to imagine the repercussions.

He's not. This is not 1943. FDR is dead...as he should be. Speculation regarding what he might have done has nothing to do with what should be done today.

Mal, do you believe that the US should implement some FDR policies like censoring the media and detaining American citizens illegally?

If this were 1943, he would have been apprehended, detained, charged with murder, and tried.
Just as will be done now.

Oh, and everyone back then would have wondered why a Muslim, of all people, went nuts.

Last edited:

The Beltway Sniper?...

I Hope I am Wrong.

peace...

Rather than "imagine" what someone else dead for decades "might do", what are your "suggestions"?

Think it through. Try to imagine the repercussions.

Well, Embracing Islam hasn't Worked so far, has it...

First, we could Start by STOPPING the Dishonest Denials that this isn't Based in Islamic Teachings, from here to the ME...

Being Honest would be a Great Start!

peace...

Mal, do you believe that the US should implement some FDR policies like censoring the media and detaining American citizens illegally?

A15, I LOVE ya Brotha, but you are doing the same thing some others are doing with this elsewhere...

I was Clear in my OP that I am NOT Suggesting FDR's Policies...

peace...

I am going to revise this by not commenting as I did originally. FDR, I believe, was morally wrong in detaining West Coast Japanese. However, I think American public opinion mandated that "someone" be punished for Pearl Harbor. If he detained the Japanese en mass in Hawaii, we would not have had the necessary labor force to maintain the growing needs of our fleet and merchant marine.

Last edited:

A15, I LOVE ya Brotha, but you are doing the same thing some others are doing with this elsewhere...

I was Clear in my OP that I am NOT Suggesting FDR's Policies...

peace...

My bad ... honestly, I read about half your OP and didn't get to that part.

Anyway as you pointed out under FDR this wouldn't have happened because Hassan would have already been detained. Those policies of FDR were very wrong but I believe that there are a lot of people in this country who would support a similar policy today.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

Forum List

Back