If GOP is upset about Michele Obama's anti-obesity campaign...

This is the difference between the left and the right. The Left take away rather than choice.
Example - must take away the salt in restaurants by law because people use too much salt. Instead of educating the public to the dangers of salt intake and doing it by yourself.

They don't want to deal with choice. They just want to take away. People are not able to do it on their own. The left truly believe this.

This is the difference between the left and the right. The Left take away rather than choice.
Example - must take away the salt in restaurants by law because people use too much salt. Instead of educating the public to the dangers of salt intake and doing it by yourself.

The Left is taking away salt in restaurants? Really? Where can I read up on that? Because if we are, we're not doing a good job...I still see salt at restaurants I go to.
I ate at Bonefish last night (I had the Mahi-Mahi, thank you very much) and there were SALT SHAKERS ON EVERY TABLE!!!! I thought Michele was going to burst in at any moment with guns blazing! :lol:

It is being done in New York. They are trying to ban it in N.Y. Restaurants.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ves-restaurants-in-new-york-told-1920093.html

Last edited:
Um...yes it does. Anyone can propose....doesn't mean that Congress has to listen.

Words have meanings, shitferbrains.

To "propose legislation" means to present to a legislative body a proposal for law.

No one save a legislator may do that on the federal level.

California and a few other states have an initiative process whereby citizens may propose legislation, but on the federal level this is reserved to the legislature per the Constitution.

I'm sorry, but that is "Introduce"....to propose is to suggest. You might want to look it up sometime. I can propose legislature to my Congressman all day long. You can propose legislature to your Congressman all day long. The First Lady can propose legislature to her Congressman all day long. Those Congressmen can choose to listen or not, introduce or not.

Now....how about you not go into these faux outrage modes quite so much? They really do make you look silly.

Oh, and thanks for showing me more of what YOU mean by "Integrity"....I'm getting a pretty clear picture of what you consider "Integrity" now. I call it "rude nastiness".

Last edited:

The Left is taking away salt in restaurants? Really? Where can I read up on that? Because if we are, we're not doing a good job...I still see salt at restaurants I go to.
I ate at Bonefish last night (I had the Mahi-Mahi, thank you very much) and there were SALT SHAKERS ON EVERY TABLE!!!! I thought Michele was going to burst in at any moment with guns blazing! :lol:

Did you use the salt?

I have done nothing but debate this intelligently with a multitude of posts and you continued to chime in and ruin the debate by taking my posts and intentionally spinning what I was saying.

So I did not divert from the debate. You tried to ruin a good debate and I simply called you out on it.

Now go away. You have added nothing to this debate but sarcasm and spin.

Go play somewhere else where such chilish actions are acceptable.

This is your definition of "I have done nothing but debate this intelligently"???

and this???

You truly are a pathetic addition to this board....and completely out of your league when it comes to an intelligent debate.

If your answer is "Yes", then I think I can see where your problem is.

lol...

there you go again. We were having a great, intelligent debate...and you chime in again.

And what do you do?

You ignore my dozen plus posts in this thread and instead cherry pick two lines where I responded to your continued intentional spinning of what IO said to ridicule me and ruin a good debate.

Plasma and Vanquish....we dont see eye to eye on this topic and that is fine...but I believe we had a great debate.

Not quite sure why Bodecea was unable to see this.

Just a second...are you trying to say that you DID NOT say those things to me? On two different occasion? When you supposedly were doing "NOTHING but debate this intelligently"? :eusa_eh:

What legislation did Laura Bush propose, again?

what did Michelle propose?

She's trying to get resturaunt portions legislated.

Please give a link to the proposed legislation that the First Lady is sponsoring. I can't see to find any reference to her trying to legislate these type of portion limitations.

All I find is:

A team of advisers to Mrs. Obama has been holding private talks over the past year with the National Restaurant Association, a trade group, in a bid to get restaurants to adopt her goals of smaller portions and children’s meals that include healthy offerings like carrots, apple slices and milk instead of French fries and soda, according to White House and industry officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/07/us/politics/07michelle.html

This is your definition of "I have done nothing but debate this intelligently"???

and this???

If your answer is "Yes", then I think I can see where your problem is.

lol...

there you go again. We were having a great, intelligent debate...and you chime in again.

And what do you do?

You ignore my dozen plus posts in this thread and instead cherry pick two lines where I responded to your continued intentional spinning of what IO said to ridicule me and ruin a good debate.

Plasma and Vanquish....we dont see eye to eye on this topic and that is fine...but I believe we had a great debate.

Just a second...are you trying to say that you DID NOT say those things to me? On two different occasion? When you supposedly were doing "NOTHING but debate this intelligently"? :eusa_eh:

Nope. Didnt say that I never said it....I

Actually, I admitted saying it when I said you cherry picked two lines of mine out of dozens of posts..

So there you go again...spinning what I said.....seems to be a bad habit of yours.

So now I have a deal for you. You spin what I say, I will no longer respond to you.

You say something that is worthy of the debate at habnd, I will respond to you.

Sadly, I dont see much responding to you in the future based on the interaction I have had with you in the past.

So my guess is....this is s true "cya"...:bye1::bye1:

They don't want to deal with choice. They just want to take away. People are not able to do it on their own. The left truly believe this.

What I truely believe, peach, is that I'm still seeing salt at restaurants. Can you enlighten us as to why that is?

What I truely believe, peach, is that I'm still seeing salt at restaurants. Can you enlighten us as to why that is?

Becuase legislation at the federal level has not yet been passed.
However, some local governments have passed similar legislation.

It is being done in New York. They are trying to ban it in N.Y. Restaurants.
Ban salt to save lives, restaurants in New York told - Americas, World - The Independent

What a silly person he is. What do you think his chances are, considering the fact that there are a large number of Lefties in NY State?

Did you use the salt?
No. The asparagus was perfectly cooked, and I would never put salt on fish.

You opened the door to a discussion about infidelity so here goes. The former carpet bag senator from NY and now Secy State Hillary Clinton is the world class enabler and everyone knows it. For whatever reason I don't want to know about she allowed her husband to abuse women for years. She created the "bombo eruption" team that was dedicated to ruining the lives of any woman who had the courage to come forward with allegations about her husband. She sat in front of the cameras and told the Country that the "vast right wing conspiracy" was responsible for the DNA on Monica's dress while she knew and condoned what her husband was doing. The left should think twice before they ever bring up the infidelity issue.

Guess who Chelsea's father is. (Hint: It's not Bill.)

lol...

And what do you do?

Nope. Didnt say that I never said it....I

Actually, I admitted saying it when I said you cherry picked two lines of mine out of dozens of posts..

So there you go again...spinning what I said.....seems to be a bad habit of yours.

So now I have a deal for you. You spin what I say, I will no longer respond to you.

You say something that is worthy of the debate at habnd, I will respond to you.

Sadly, I dont see much responding to you in the future based on the interaction I have had with you in the past.

So my guess is....this is s true "cya"...:bye1::bye1:

Cherry picking. :eusa_eh: You mean, if I had shown both posts in their entirety, those 'cherrypicked' sentences would NOT come out as personal insults? That they would clearly show that you were doing NOTHING but debating intelligently?

Oh, apparently you are running away now.

Forum List

Back