If God is all powerful, ...

Dumb comment. I clearly had no trouble with the question. It was a dumb question, because it was irrelevant and the point you were trying to make was dumb for the reason i mentioned.
This is the... What, 4th time you avoided answering the question?

Don't be a coward. Give a strait answer.
That i would still love them? Of course! What a stupid question. But I would still wish they were not ill. So...you have no point.
I'll bet you'd wish they were all Olympic level athletes.. But they're not.

So they would still be valuable members of your family if they were disabled?

Interesting.

Dumb comment. I clearly had no trouble with the question. It was a dumb question, because it was irrelevant and the point you were trying to make was dumb for the reason i mentioned.

That i would still love them? Of course! What a stupid question. But I would still wish they were not ill. So...you have no point.

Interesting.

valuable to the members not to themselves is the point ... do you have a living will.

Interesting.

valuable to the members not to themselves is the point ... do you have a living will.
I do.

I also believe in mercy killing. But that's not what this is about.

We don't kill the disabled for being disabled for a reason.

Interesting.

I do.

I do.

the question was why are they borne deformed and in pain, we know your answer were it you born in that condition. the metaphysical makes mistakes the christian bible is a pathetic excuse for the role living beings have for their future prosperity.

What about the babies that are so deformed that they are in constant pain until they die. Why have those?
You mean for some reason other than give you some excuse to display your lack of gratitude?

A friend of mine recently had a child die minutes after her birth.

He said he and his wife were grateful for the minutes with their only child. He only held his child once.

I look at my children and grandchildren and realize how blessed I am.
You didn’t answer why god makes babies deformed and in pain...

What about the babies that are so deformed that they are in constant pain until they die. Why have those?
You mean for some reason other than give you some excuse to display your lack of gratitude?

A friend of mine recently had a child die minutes after her birth.

He said he and his wife were grateful for the minutes with their only child. He only held his child once.

I look at my children and grandchildren and realize how blessed I am.
You didn’t answer why god makes babies deformed and in pain...
The same read you were created so that he could experience the material world through you.

Ding, would it be correct to say that it is your opinion that God does not have the power to create a virtuous being at the time of this being's creation? Would that not be a limit to God's power? Or that God does not have the power to create a being who will have perfectly virtuous offspring? Would not this be a limit to his power and defy that he is all powerful?
That would be incorrect.

It would defeat his purpose of creating beings that know and create who could freely choose to be virtuous and seek him of their own accord.

Would it be correct to say that it is your opinion that God does have the power to create a virtuous being at the time of this being's creation and that He also has to the power to create a being who can have perfectly virtuous offspring? However, the reason he does not create them in this manner is because it is a better or more perfect way to create them they way they are now created, ie having an imperfect state and not being able to produce perfect offspring? Trying to understand your position.

Ding, would it be correct to say that it is your opinion that God does not have the power to create a virtuous being at the time of this being's creation? Would that not be a limit to God's power? Or that God does not have the power to create a being who will have perfectly virtuous offspring? Would not this be a limit to his power and defy that he is all powerful?
That would be incorrect.

It would defeat his purpose of creating beings that know and create who could freely choose to be virtuous and seek him of their own accord.

Would it be correct to say that it is your opinion that God does have the power to create a virtuous being at the time of this being's creation and that He also has to the power to create a being who can have perfectly virtuous offspring? However, the reason he does not create them in this manner is because it is a better or more perfect way to create them they way they are now created, ie having an imperfect state and not being able to produce perfect offspring? Trying to understand your position.

Maybe he wants a dollar.

That would be incorrect.

Maybe he wants a dollar.
Maybe he wants a dollar.

upload_2019-8-25_11-33-12.jpeg

someone to shine his shoes ... 0.25 is more than enough.

That would be incorrect.

Maybe he wants a dollar.
Maybe he wants a dollar.

View attachment 275905

I usually tip my guys 10 bucks at the club.

That would be incorrect.

Maybe he wants a dollar.
Or maybe he wants to share in our experiences.

That would be incorrect.

Maybe he wants a dollar.
Maybe he wants a dollar.

View attachment 275905

after 18 holes - real big of you bing ... they're yours forever.

That would be incorrect.

Maybe he wants a dollar.
Maybe he wants a dollar.

View attachment 275905

after 18 holes - real big of you bing ... they're yours forever.
Sometimes I play 27 or 36. :lol:

God is all powerful in the sense that He can do all things that are possible. There are things that are eternally impossible. God cannot exist and not exist simultaneously, He cannot be an all good being and an all evil being simultaneously. I also don't believe he can create something out of nothing. I consider these things to be eternal impossibilities. For a good video series on the problem with ex nihilo creation see:

God is all powerful in the sense that He can do all things that are possible. There are things that are eternally impossible. God cannot exist and not exist simultaneously, He cannot be an all good being and an all evil being simultaneously. I also don't believe he can create something out of nothing. I consider these things to be eternal impossibilities. For a good video series on the problem with ex nihilo creation see:

And you know these things...how,exactly?

If God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why didn't he create us to be perfect?

If God is all powerful and can do all things, surely he would be able to create a perfect being who has all power, all knowledge, and is a perfectly loving being. To say that he cannot create such a being is to admit that God is not all powerful.

If God is all knowing surely he has the knowledge to create a perfect being and to give that perfect being a perfect knowledge.

If God is an all loving being who loves his creations then he would surely want the best for his creations. He would want his creations to be perfect. Thus he would create us to be perfect. Even in a world or universe where free will exists, if God created us to be perfect, then we with our perfect knowledge could surely reason out that we should choose good over evil always and never make a bad decision. We would be created with a heart filled with love for our fellow beings and our own creations. God would spare us the evil we experience in this world as we would have started out from creation as perfect beings never to commit any act that is contrary to what is right and good.

So why didn't God simply create us to be perfect?

Probably because there is no God.
Now it makes more sense why you post the way you do, wrong on nearly everything. (Psalm 14:1)

If God is all powerful, all knowing, and an all loving God, then why didn't he create us to be perfect?

If God is all powerful and can do all things, surely he would be able to create a perfect being who has all power, all knowledge, and is a perfectly loving being. To say that he cannot create such a being is to admit that God is not all powerful.

If God is all knowing surely he has the knowledge to create a perfect being and to give that perfect being a perfect knowledge.

If God is an all loving being who loves his creations then he would surely want the best for his creations. He would want his creations to be perfect. Thus he would create us to be perfect. Even in a world or universe where free will exists, if God created us to be perfect, then we with our perfect knowledge could surely reason out that we should choose good over evil always and never make a bad decision. We would be created with a heart filled with love for our fellow beings and our own creations. God would spare us the evil we experience in this world as we would have started out from creation as perfect beings never to commit any act that is contrary to what is right and good.

Now it makes more sense why you post the way you do, wrong on nearly everything. (Psalm 14:1)
So, let me get this straight:

You know the absolute truth, and all these other people are wrong.

Do i have that right?

Do i have that right?

Nope, never said that. Interesting that you didn't say that to her, she was the one who made a strong truth claim ("there is no God.")

Do i have that right?

Nope, never said that. Interesting that you didn't say that to her, she was the one who made a strong truth claim ("there is no God.")
I would say it to any of you. And you are claiming to know the truth, and telling others they are wrong. Thats a fact shown in this thread.

So, moving on...on what authority do you base this? Surely more than your personal preferences, right?

Forum List

Back