If gas prices continue to rise through the year and stagnate, Obama will be done

But the article you post doesn't support your claim.

"The government says it has approved 32 permits for shallow water wells with only 7 pending applications. For deepwater oil wells, the agency says it has only 3 pending permits.

In the Ensco case, the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling."

But like I said. Currently the oil patch is booming in the Gulf and in the Bakken formation (Dakota). The only way that can be turned against the President is by lying and claiming that he has stopped all drilling permits, givimg money to Brazil for them to drill with....an on and on.....

Seriously?

Flat out fucking lying? That's the best you can do for your shameful party?

{The government says it has approved 32 permits for shallow water wells with only 7 pending applications. For deepwater oil wells, the agency says it has only 3 pending permits.

In the Ensco case, the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling.

The applicant said it was never alerted about problems with its requests.

Either way, it's widely known that there is little new drilling activity currently taking place in the Gulf.}

I just heard a clip of Obama talking about the payroll tax cut and about how its needed now more than ever with high gas prices. That didn't surprise me but what did was him BLAMING RISING FUEL COSTS ON A RECOVERING ECONOMY.

LMAO

You do of course realize that a recovering economy means higher fuel consumption, right?

And that a rise in consumption equals higher prices, right?

Seriously?

Flat out fucking lying? That's the best you can do for your shameful party?

{The government says it has approved 32 permits for shallow water wells with only 7 pending applications. For deepwater oil wells, the agency says it has only 3 pending permits.

In the Ensco case, the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling.

The applicant said it was never alerted about problems with its requests.

Either way, it's widely known that there is little new drilling activity currently taking place in the Gulf.

Hmm, large fonts aside, it would appear from reading your argument, that BlindBoo is not in fact "lying", but simply quoting points from your own article.

What a strange over-reaction you seem to be having...

You do of course realize that a recovering economy means higher fuel consumption, right?

That's why cell phones are so much more expensive today than 10 years ago!

The rise in consumption caused rates and handsets to cost more.

You leftists sure are smart! Computers, flat screen TV's, Blu-Ray, all of these are dozens of times more expensive since the consumption went up.

Leftist economics in action......

Hmm, large fonts aside, it would appear from reading your argument, that BlindBoo is not in fact "lying", but simply quoting points from your own article.

BlindBoo was dishonestly snipping a single sentence when the article said exactly the opposite of what he claimed.

He was indeed lying.

You're right, I should simple expect that leftists lie 100% of the time.

What do you call a leftist not lying for the party?

Dead.

That's why cell phones are so much more expensive today than 10 years ago!

The rise in consumption caused rates and handsets to cost more.

You leftists sure are smart! Computers, flat screen TV's, Blu-Ray, all of these are dozens of times more expensive since the consumption went up.

Leftist economics in action......

Wow, are you drunk, or what?

Obviously, it's a supply/demand relationship.

The reason cellphone prices didn't go up is that they made more of them. Thus the supply increased with the demand.

Oil has a limited supply, therefore, when demand goes up, the price goes up.

Even if the president had done everything in his power to increase supply, the increase would have been tiny, at best, relative to the current production and demand.

A recovering economy would mean a very large increase in the demand for fuel, thus rising prices.

You really don't even have to have taken Econ 101 to understand that much.

BlindBoo was dishonestly snipping a single sentence when the article said exactly the opposite of what he claimed.

He was indeed lying.

You're right, I should simple expect that leftists lie 100% of the time.

What do you call a leftist not lying for the party?

Dead.

You seem to have a lot of pent up hate and anger against "leftists" (which in your case apparently means anyone who is not a strict free-market super-capitalist).

You should really see someone about that, it's not healthy to hate a majority of the world population.

Wow, are you drunk, or what?

I must be, because I made an absurdly stupid claim that as consumption goes up, prices increase.

A "diseconomy of scale" so to speak.

ROFL

Only a drunk or a leftist would claim something so patently stupid.

Obviously, it's a supply/demand relationship.

The reason cellphone prices didn't go up is that they made more of them. Thus the supply increased with the demand.

Right, and oil production is static, never rising....

Oil has a limited supply, therefore, when demand goes up, the price goes up.

Right, at current rates we probably have less than 400 years worth - assuming we find no new sources....

Energy: America

Even if the president had done everything in his power to increase supply, the increase would have been tiny, at best, relative to the current production and demand.

Yeah, in the last 20 years, supply has only increased some 30,000%

A recovering economy would mean a very large increase in the demand for fuel, thus rising prices.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The shit leftists will spew to promote the party...

{Feb. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Oil fell in New York as sales at U.S. retailers climbed less than expected and on speculation that oil supplies advanced last week amid weak demand.

Futures declined as the Commerce Department reported that retail sales increased 0.4 percent in January, less than the 0.8 percent gain that was the median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg News. Inventories rose 1.6 million barrels to 340.8 million last week, according to a Bloomberg survey. Demand is at a 12-year low.}

Oil Declines on U.S. Retail Sales, Expected Gain in Inventories - Businessweek

You really don't even have to have taken Econ 101 to understand that much.

Maybe an econ 101 class might do you a bit of good.

But nah, you base what you post on the effect it has on the party, not on available facts.

I facilitate Introduction to Economics (EC104) at the nations largest private University. You should consider signing up.

You seem to have a lot of pent up hate and anger against "leftists" (which in your case apparently means anyone who is not a strict free-market super-capitalist).

You should really see someone about that, it's not healthy to hate a majority of the world population.

Maybe if I accepted Obama as my personal lord and savior?

Standard Disclaimer: Leftist definition: Hate - verb. The act of failing to believe and profess all that the party dictates.

I just heard a clip of Obama talking about the payroll tax cut and about how its needed now more than ever with high gas prices. That didn't surprise me but what did was him BLAMING RISING FUEL COSTS ON A RECOVERING ECONOMY.

LMAO

Only problem with your statement is that US demand is DOWN, not up.

Try again...

You would have to ask him. He is the one that made such statements before he was elected.

He is right, but he has no CONTROL over it. Demand is down, supply is up, drilling is up and still prices are going up.

We should be exploring alternatives more aggressively. We're addicted and any drug dealer will tell you that addicts will pay anything.

So let me make sure I got this straight....

When I made the comment you questioned its validity. But when I pointed out Obama himself did your response was "he is right"

And you expect me to take your opinions seriously now?

No actually I didn't question the validity of the statement. I'm well aware of what he said and he is right. Gas is still affordable and since we are addicted we'll pay. When it gets too expensive we'll be looking for alternatives...which is what we should be perusing more aggressively NOW. That doesn't change the FACT that the President doesn't control the oil prices...the people keeping us addicted do.

So, let me see if I have this straight:

This entire thread is based on Obama not being able to win because of rising oil prices.

I made the point that if the economy keeps recovering, that the price of oil will go up.

And you believe that my argument is invalidated because the price of oil went down, TODAY, as a result of a few off indicators on the economy?

How exactly would that invalidate my argument, that a rising economy uses more oil?

And, let me ask you this: If there's so much oil, and it's so easily reachable, right here in the US:

Then why didn't Bush and his Republican congress simply open it up full throttle when they had power, instead of starting 2 wars in the middle east?

Hmmm?

Yeah, but... OBAMA AKBAR!

ROFL

Yes, I guess if one thinks logically, one must worship Obama, or something...

I imagine it's not really that hard to believe that about your political opponents, since I'm sure you thought Bush was Christ re-incarnate during his term, like the rest of his conservative cronies.

That is, until Bush became really unpopular, when you all finally turned on him.

LOL.

These prices are killing me and I got money. I can't imagine being poor and trying to survive and budget with continually rising prices.

Why can't the rw's get it through their thick skulls that the president does not influence gas prices. Just because Bachmann thought she could control gas prices doesn't mean its true. She was wrong about every thing else and she was wrong about this.

Take notes if you have to.

So, let me see if I have this straight:

This entire thread is based on Obama not being able to win because of rising oil prices.

I made the point that if the economy keeps recovering, that the price of oil will go up.

And you believe that my argument is invalidated because the price of oil went down, TODAY, as a result of a few off indicators on the economy?

How exactly would that invalidate my argument, that a rising economy uses more oil?

And, let me ask you this: If there's so much oil, and it's so easily reachable, right here in the US:

Then why didn't Bush and his Republican congress simply open it up full throttle when they had power, instead of starting 2 wars in the middle east?

Hmmm?

No, you don't have it straight.

Nobody said prices went down, I said the DEMAND is down.

We're not going after our own reserves for several unrelated reasons...
1. The environuts don't want to see oil rigs on their pretty coastlines
2. The environuts are afraid of displacing some reindeer.
3. The oil companies know that if we use up everyone else's oil, our oil will be worth a lot more.
4. None of those fuckers GIVE A DAMN about us peasants.

3. The oil companies know that if we use up everyone else's oil, our oil will be worth a lot more.

Wait, wait, now this is rich...

So, supply is up...
Demand is down...
The price of oil is over $100.00...
But conservatives are trying to say that the price of oil is up because of environmentalism stopping tapping of additional sources?

Really?

How does that even make sense?

Wait, wait, now this is rich...

So, supply is up...
Demand is down...
The price of oil is over $100.00...
But conservatives are trying to say that the price of oil is up because of environmentalism stopping tapping of additional sources?

Really?

How does that even make sense?

Inventory is up 0.3%, not enough to make any difference.

The REST of what I said was in response to your direct question, which was...

Hmmm?

So please don't try to make it sound like I'm speaking for 'conservatives' when all I'm doing is giving you my opinion in answer to your question.

Inventory is up 0.3%, not enough to make any difference.

The REST of what I said was in response to your direct question, which was...

Hmmm?

So please don't try to make it sound like I'm speaking for 'conservatives' when all I'm doing is giving you my opinion in answer to your question.

When did I say you were one of the conservatives I was referring to? Are you even a conservative? I don't know, I wasn't paying enough attention.

I was making an observation, based upon what you said, about conservatives.

Apologies if it sounded accusatory toward you, it was not meant in that way.

Forum List

Back