If gas prices continue to rise through the year and stagnate, Obama will be done

These prices are killing me and I got money. I can't imagine being poor and trying to survive and budget with continually rising prices.

You hold Obama personally responsible for the actions of Big Oil and the same gas speculators who had gas at $5 when we had absolutely no shortage whatsoever? The industry who would have everything to gain by manipulating prices during an election year? I don't hold Obama any more responsible than I did Bush when they rose under him. Presidents don't run oil companies.
Hmmm. Quite impressionable, aren't you?

Typical liberal bullshit.

McDonald's is unhealthy. Mandate we can't eat there because YOU deem it bad and as such we can now be thankful that we can spend extra cash on gas instead of what WE want.

The amazing part is that he just can't grasp the point.

McDonalds is irrelevant, the fact that people have to alter their lifestyle to afford the sharp increase in fuel costs is what matters. Those who think this won't affect Obama at the polls are delusional.

Isn't it comical how the standard issue of high gas prices reflecting on incumbent politicians is now suddenly trolling stupid horse shit according to the left?

It is the way its always perceived deal with it. Not to mention most of the other indicators are also negative.

Many of you in this very thread have offered such stupid excuses as were trolling, were racists, Bush did it, etc..etc...

Yet, I bet when prices were high in the past you were all over it. Just accept the fact that perception is reality.

And what would those indicators be?

Isn't it comical how the standard issue of high gas prices reflecting on incumbent politicians is now suddenly trolling stupid horse shit according to the left?

It is the way its always perceived deal with it. Not to mention most of the other indicators are also negative.

Many of you in this very thread have offered such stupid excuses as were trolling, were racists, Bush did it, etc..etc...

Yet, I bet when prices were high in the past you were all over it. Just accept the fact that perception is reality.

I don't blame you.

Al Qaeda is destroyed, the economy is recovering, and now you have pissed off American women.

Gas prices and the debt are all you have left, so work it hard.

You are going to lose in November.

These prices are killing me and I got money. I can't imagine being poor and trying to survive and budget with continually rising prices.

You hold Obama personally responsible for the actions of Big Oil and the same gas speculators who had gas at $5 when we had absolutely no shortage whatsoever? The industry who would have everything to gain by manipulating prices during an election year? I don't hold Obama any more responsible than I did Bush when they rose under him. Presidents don't run oil companies.

Please point to where I said I hold him personally responsible for current prices....

Be prices high or low a presidents policies do have an impact. To deny that excludes you from a rational discussion.

Please point to where I said I hold him personally responsible for current prices....

Be prices high or low a presidents policies do have an impact. To deny that excludes you from a rational discussion.

Ah. My mistake. I was wrong. I thought you were holding Obama responsible for gas prices. If that is not the case, I stand corrected.

I don't blame you.

Al Qaeda is destroyed, the economy is recovering, and now you have pissed off American women.

Gas prices and the debt are all you have left, so work it hard.

You are going to lose in November.

Obama CREATED the women's issue from thin air. There was no controversy before HE CREATED IT.

You guys might as well give up.

Gas prices ain't gonna cut it.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

Oh boy.. the Clinton surplus lie.. always a favorite among the twits.

If Obama is so "done" why do you bother to come on USMB and lie your ass off about the price of gasoline?

Wouldn't it be easier to just say you hate having a brown skinned man in the white house and leave it at that?

Plenty of Americans feel like you do. You would seem at least more believable if you stuck to the truth and knocked off all the supervelous lying.

Do fuckstains like you ever get tired of playing the race card?

Go play in traffic, Diaper Boy...

I understand your concern about the price of a petrolium by product..plastics.. the material your butt plugs are made from..

BETTER STOCK UP FAGGOT!

Your projection is creepy, but noted... Ask GayBikerHiSailor to help you there...

Way to avoid the question, though...

Do fuckstains like you ever get tired of playing the race card?

Doya?

Yeah a lot has happened in the Gulf Of Mexico in the last year.

The pipeline will eventually be built.

The point is, it took a court order to FORCE the administration to allow drilling.

Obama is hostile to the middle class in America, hitting them where it hurts - energy prices.

None of this matters though - to the public, perception is reality. IF gas is high come election day, Obama is done. Even if the public forgets his attack on the Catholics, if they are having to give up other things to be able to afford driving to work, all the bullshit that party propagandists on TV put out won't matter, he'll be voted out of office. It doesn't matter if it's "fair" or not, it's fact.

But the article you post doesn't support your claim.

"The government says it has approved 32 permits for shallow water wells with only 7 pending applications. For deepwater oil wells, the agency says it has only 3 pending permits.

In the Ensco case, the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling."

But like I said. Currently the oil patch is booming in the Gulf and in the Bakken formation (Dakota). The only way that can be turned against the President is by lying and claiming that he has stopped all drilling permits, givimg money to Brazil for them to drill with....an on and on.....

You can't bullshit your way out.

{A few weeks after Feldman held the Interior Department in contempt of court for ignoring his ruling to put an end to the job-killing drilling moratorium, he ordered the Interior Department to get moving on new permits one way or the other. Judge Feldman gave the Administration 30 days to act on five permits, emphasizing that the Administration has been sitting on these permits for four to nine months when Interior routinely processed the permits in two weeks’ time. Feldman wrote: “[T]he government is under a duty to act by either granting or denying a permit application within a reasonable time. Not acting at all is not a lawful option.”

Part of the problem is merely confusion. CNN Money reports that with respect to some permits, “the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling. The applicant said it was never alerted about problems with its requests.” But in any case, the economic effects are real.}

Judge to Obama Administration: Get Moving on Drilling Permits

I understand, you're a partisan hack, you promote the party and don't give a shit about facts, still - the facts contradict your propaganda.

"The government says it has approved 32 permits for shallow water wells with only 7 pending applications. For deepwater oil wells, the agency says it has only 3 pending permits.

In the Ensco case, the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling."

But like I said. Currently the oil patch is booming in the Gulf and in the Bakken formation (Dakota). The only way that can be turned against the President is by lying and claiming that he has stopped all drilling permits, givimg money to Brazil for them to drill with....an on and on.....

Once the court ordered the administration to stop blocking the permits.

And it STILL doesn't matter - the price at the pump will cause voters to dump your little tin Messiah®

You can argue all day long that it's BOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH's fault - it won't matter. If soccer moms are doing without because gas prices for the SUV are busting the budget, they won't vote for Obama - even with Huggy there to call them racists.

I buy just under 200 gallons of gas per month to fuel my work truck. If the price goes from wher it is now, $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon, it will cost me an additional $100 per month.

I will gladly pay that if it means we will produce more hybrids and electrics......if I-95 drivers will slow down to save gas.......if it brings the promise of peace in the middle east..........gladly.

In countries where the price of gas is twice what we pay her ( or three times ), the citizenry have forced the development of fast, affordable and reliable mass transportation. Here, we have dummies turning down a chance to have bullet trains in Florida. Just dumb.

Are we still buying gas in Kuwait and hauling it to Iraq and selling it for extreme cheap like we were?
All at US taxpayers cost.

Don't worry, the Saudis won't let gas too high. They want to keep us hooked.

We don't want the West to go and find alternatives, because, clearly, the higher the price of oil goes, the more they have incentives to go and find alternatives.~Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal

We don't want the West to go and find alternatives, because, clearly, the higher the price of oil goes, the more they have incentives to go and find alternatives.~Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal

I think that was Obamas wish. That it goes up so his plans gain support.

How can he plan something he has no control over? He doesn't control the price of gas.

How can he plan something he has no control over? He doesn't control the price of gas.

You would have to ask him. He is the one that made such statements before he was elected.

You would have to ask him. He is the one that made such statements before he was elected.

He is right, but he has no CONTROL over it. Demand is down, supply is up, drilling is up and still prices are going up.

We should be exploring alternatives more aggressively. We're addicted and any drug dealer will tell you that addicts will pay anything.

You can't bullshit your way out.

{A few weeks after Feldman held the Interior Department in contempt of court for ignoring his ruling to put an end to the job-killing drilling moratorium, he ordered the Interior Department to get moving on new permits one way or the other. Judge Feldman gave the Administration 30 days to act on five permits, emphasizing that the Administration has been sitting on these permits for four to nine months when Interior routinely processed the permits in two weeks’ time. Feldman wrote: “[T]he government is under a duty to act by either granting or denying a permit application within a reasonable time. Not acting at all is not a lawful option.”

Part of the problem is merely confusion. CNN Money reports that with respect to some permits, “the government said four of the five applications are not technically before it. They were sent back to the applicant to correct problems, according to the court ruling. The applicant said it was never alerted about problems with its requests.” But in any case, the economic effects are real.}

Judge to Obama Administration: Get Moving on Drilling Permits

I understand, you're a partisan hack, you promote the party and don't give a shit about facts, still - the facts contradict your propaganda.

Once the court ordered the administration to stop blocking the permits.

And it STILL doesn't matter - the price at the pump will cause voters to dump your little tin Messiah®

You can argue all day long that it's BOOOOOOOOSSSSHHHH's fault - it won't matter. If soccer moms are doing without because gas prices for the SUV are busting the budget, they won't vote for Obama - even with Huggy there to call them racists.

Feel free to show me where I blame President Bush for the lying the right wing does. It was your article that debunked you claim. By the time this partisan judge made his order 32 permits had been issued......

Fact is the oil patch is booming right now. But as predicted no amount of exporation or development in our country will create a drop in world oil prices.

He is right, but he has no CONTROL over it. Demand is down, supply is up, drilling is up and still prices are going up.

We should be exploring alternatives more aggressively. We're addicted and any drug dealer will tell you that addicts will pay anything.

So let me make sure I got this straight....

When I made the comment you questioned its validity. But when I pointed out Obama himself did your response was "he is right"

And you expect me to take your opinions seriously now?

Yeah, and with them supplying some 9% of our oil, they're bound to have a huge impact......

Forum List

Back