If gas prices continue to rise through the year and stagnate, Obama will be done

I buy just under 200 gallons of gas per month to fuel my work truck. If the price goes from wher it is now, $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon, it will cost me an additional $100 per month.

I will gladly pay that if it means we will produce more hybrids and electrics......if I-95 drivers will slow down to save gas.......if it brings the promise of peace in the middle east..........gladly.

In countries where the price of gas is twice what we pay her ( or three times ), the citizenry have forced the development of fast, affordable and reliable mass transportation. Here, we have dummies turning down a chance to have bullet trains in Florida. Just dumb.

Barry has nothing to do with gas prices. Its all speculators.

However if gas prices remain high he will get the blame. If they go down he will get the credit.

He is POTUS and thats usually how it works.

Yeah a lot has happened in the Gulf Of Mexico in the last year.

The pipeline will eventually be built.

The point is, it took a court order to FORCE the administration to allow drilling.

Obama is hostile to the middle class in America, hitting them where it hurts - energy prices.

None of this matters though - to the public, perception is reality. IF gas is high come election day, Obama is done. Even if the public forgets his attack on the Catholics, if they are having to give up other things to be able to afford driving to work, all the bullshit that party propagandists on TV put out won't matter, he'll be voted out of office. It doesn't matter if it's "fair" or not, it's fact.

Stop pushing so hard on untested technologies.

How will that reduce gas prices? If anything, the development of new technologies that reduce demand for oil will help reduce prices.

Open up areas for drilling.

Domestic oil production has increased under Obama.

Can you detail a single example of the EPA "over" regulating in such a way that has driven up gas prices?

Again, can you detail a single example of how his policies with auto makers have driven up gas prices? The only thing he has done has been to put forth stricter standards on gas mileage. If this has any impact on gas prices, it will be to help keep them down, as demand for oil reduces.

Again, how will that reduce gas prices?

I'd have to check, but I believe that I read that we have more new refineries under Obama than we did previously.

This has been discussed at length. The Keystone project would not reduce the price of gas in the US. Most of the oil would not be going into the US market, it would only be passing through and getting shipped out through the Gulf. That's the reason Canada wants it, to open up their overseas exporting operations. Furthermore, because of the over abundance of current pipeline capacity between Canada and the US, the most likely result is that pump prices in the US would RISE because the increased operational and maintenence costs would be spread out over the same number of barrels of oil, resulting in a higher overhead per barrel, which would translate into higher prices per gallon at the pump.

Er, you do realize that this is not really going to do anything, right? Iran will do what they will, regardless of what Obama does. Even if Iran wants to do whatever with their oil output, the number one factor is OPEC, and they are going to make sure they are producing at exactly the level necessary to maintain prices right where they want them.

Stop wasting our tax dollars to the point that he has no monetary leverage to help the American people.

No matter whether you agree or disagree with government expenditures over the past few years, how is any of that going to reduce gas prices?

Finally I just want him to lose in November.

That's nice. Good to see that this isn't just an "I just hate Obama" thing.

While you are correct that most of that would have no CURRENT impact on prices it would do two things.

1. Help future gas spikes in prices

2. Prove that Obama isn't out of touch with the reality that we must have oil

If it takes 8.00 a gallon gas to get obama out of office, it's a small price to pay.

If it takes Iran sending a swarm of suicide small boats to sink one of our aircraft carriers and get obama out of office, it is STILL a small price to pay.

The point is, it took a court order to FORCE the administration to allow drilling.

Obama is hostile to the middle class in America, hitting them where it hurts - energy prices.

None of this matters though - to the public, perception is reality. IF gas is high come election day, Obama is done. Even if the public forgets his attack on the Catholics, if they are having to give up other things to be able to afford driving to work, all the bullshit that party propagandists on TV put out won't matter, he'll be voted out of office. It doesn't matter if it's "fair" or not, it's fact.

If Obama is so "done" why do you bother to come on USMB and lie your ass off about the price of gasoline?

Wouldn't it be easier to just say you hate having a brown skinned man in the white house and leave it at that?

Plenty of Americans feel like you do. You would seem at least more believable if you stuck to the truth and knocked off all the supervelous lying.

I buy just under 200 gallons of gas per month to fuel my work truck. If the price goes from wher it is now, $3.50 to $4.00 per gallon, it will cost me an additional $100 per month.

I will gladly pay that if it means we will produce more hybrids and electrics......if I-95 drivers will slow down to save gas.......if it brings the promise of peace in the middle east..........gladly.

In countries where the price of gas is twice what we pay her ( or three times ), the citizenry have forced the development of fast, affordable and reliable mass transportation. Here, we have dummies turning down a chance to have bullet trains in Florida. Just dumb.

Yeah, but you're an idiot and a leftist. (Redundant!)

For the mothers who have to tell their children no Micky D's because gas took the extra cash, to those who have to cancel NetFlix because they have to pay a buck a gallon more for gas, it is a big deal.

To you, worship of Gaia is worth any price, as it is the answer to all of life's problems. To the sane and rational though, it's just another assault on the middle class by the left.

If Obama is so "done" why do you bother to come on USMB and lie your ass off about the price of gasoline?

What exactly did I "lie" about? Yeah, I denied that Obama is god, which infuriates you - but not sharing your faith isn't a "lie."

Wouldn't it be easier to just say you hate having a brown skinned man in the white house and leave it at that?

So, anyone who opposes Obama is a racist..

How clever.

Plenty of Americans feel like you do. You would seem at least more believable if you stuck to the truth and knocked off all the supervelous lying.

Obama is a fuckup, the economy is in shambles and he wages war on the middle class. He is a clone of Jimmy Carter - whom I apparently opposed due to racism.....

Last edited:

For the mothers who have to tell their children no Micky D's because gas took the extra cash, to those who have to cancel NetFlix because they have to pay a buck a gallon more for gas, it is a big deal.

To you, worship of Gaia is worth any price, as it is the answer to all of life's problems. To the sane and rational though, it's just another assault on the middle class by the left.

Ha..Ha... I cancelled Netflix because it was a shitty service.. No Micky D's ... you need mental help pal. The kids are better off staying home eating nutricious home cooked meals. AND all this ..caused by Obama?

Check youself in Sport. You have REALLY lost your mind.

Gas prices are all you losers have left....

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
3.7 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

GDP is still well under where it needs to be
The stock market is below 2004 levels
Real unemployment still hovers above 10%
Auto sales lag
Seasonally adjusted retail lags
Sales of new homes is doing better
Unemployment is NOT down... it is well over where we were promised it would be
The UAW was saved, GM still has major unfunded pension issues

Obama suck ass.

Ha..Ha... I cancelled Netflix because it was a shitty service.. No Micky D's ... you need mental help pal. The kids are better off staying home eating nutricious home cooked meals. AND all this ..caused by Obama?

Well, there you go Sparky!

Lord Obama will rule for a thousand years.... (An anyone who says different is a racist!)

Do fuckstains like you ever get tired of playing the race card?

Go play in traffic, Diaper Boy...

Do fuckstains like you ever get tired of playing the race card?

Go play in traffic, Diaper Boy...

I understand your concern about the price of a petrolium by product..plastics.. the material your butt plugs are made from..

BETTER STOCK UP FAGGOT!

You guys might as well give up.

Gas prices ain't gonna cut it.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Typical liberal bullshit.

McDonald's is unhealthy. Mandate we can't eat there because YOU deem it bad and as such we can now be thankful that we can spend extra cash on gas instead of what WE want.

Obviously the REAL question IS...

Who does it serve if the price of oil goes higher?

A: Obama

B: The oil companies

Geeeeezzzz!!! Choices...choices...

All of the above.

Obama has publicy stated he had no problem with rising gas prices. He thinks it will force Americans into "green technology" sooner. He has a political agenda to push and high gas prices helps acheive that goal.

And as I stated, oil companies well certainly make money off less supply and high demand from a rigged non-competitive system.

Last edited:
You guys might as well give up.

Gas prices ain't gonna cut it.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

You've convinced me, I'll never vote for Bush again.
Unfortunately, Obama's performance has sucked.
He can't run on "Hope & Change" again.
He'll have to defend his record.
Only a clown would think $Trillion deficits as far as the eye can see is "solving the deficit problem".

Isn't it comical how the standard issue of high gas prices reflecting on incumbent politicians is now suddenly trolling stupid horse shit according to the left?

It is the way its always perceived deal with it. Not to mention most of the other indicators are also negative.

Many of you in this very thread have offered such stupid excuses as were trolling, were racists, Bush did it, etc..etc...

Yet, I bet when prices were high in the past you were all over it. Just accept the fact that perception is reality.

Forum List

Back