If Ferguson Stays Ferguson, Blacks have no one to blame but themselves

Ferguson will hold municipal elections April 7. The mayor and five of the six city councilpersons are white. Three are up for reelection. Since Michael Brown was gunned down by former Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on August 9, the one loud refrain has repeatedly been how could a city where African-Americans make up the overwhelming majority of the population be policed by a nearly all-white police force, and governed by a nearly all-white city administration? The thought was that the Brown slaying angered and engaged so many thousands that it was almost a done deal that the first chance black residents got they'd jam the polls and totally revamp city government in Ferguson.

MORE:
11% of eligible voters voted in the last local election in Ferguson.

Think they will let whitey elect their masters again?

Probably so, unless the get a box of fried chicken and a 40 oz bull for voting.

There is something about Ferguson that is very wrong.
Additional research is needed to ascertain WHY the black majority in Ferguson has been so apathetic in the political arena.
Apparently an inconvenient electoral setup and a high level of transients are two of the factors.
What is inconventient?

You can vote early.

You can vote absentee.

You can get a free ride to the polls.

WTF could make it any easier?

Just as I expected. You guys aren't conservatives at all. How could you be when responses to this op has been little more than a series of convoluted de facto attacks on the Constitutional rights of the majority population in Ferguson.

Vigilante's inefficacious cartoon does not address the issue of the Ferguson vote at all. How bizarre is that?

SJ, as usual, raises his head from the gutter long enough to reveal his disdain for Blacks and their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to vote for whomever they damn well please to make life better for themselves. He just can't believe Blacks can govern themselves.

God-boy, sums it up succinctly. He doesn't seem to know that race already is a prime factor in the confrontational atmosphere that permeates Ferguson. There is something about Ferguson that is very wrong.
Additional research is needed to ascertain WHY the black majority in Ferguson has been so apathetic in the political arena.

The Whites in Ferguson are mostly Democrats and it was the Black vote, or lack thereof, that put them there. But, the Michael Brown shooting has left some backlash in its wake that may, ironically, galvanize local Black voters to elect local Republicans without regard to race.

Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party - The Washington Post
It doesn't matter who they vote for. Neither party is gonna allow them to commit their crimes with impunity. And yeah, they aren't capable of governing themselves, anyone can see that, including you but you're not honest enough to acknowledge it.
I see you haven't bothered to read the DOJ report on the FPD. I've taken the liberty to provide the link. All you have to do is click and read. Please do. Your ignorance is most suffocating!

and again I also am glad to refer you tof the Black Wall Street and Rosewood Fla as to exemplary examples of Black's ability to govern themselves on the highest levels. White men destroyed those efforts not Black men!

Last edited:
Just as I expected. You guys aren't conservatives at all. How could you be when responses to this op has been little more than a series of convoluted de facto attacks on the Constitutional rights of the majority population in Ferguson.

Vigilante's inefficacious cartoon does not address the issue of the Ferguson vote at all. How bizarre is that?

SJ, as usual, raises his head from the gutter long enough to reveal his disdain for Blacks and their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to vote for whomever they damn well please to make life better for themselves. He just can't believe Blacks can govern themselves.

God-boy, sums it up succinctly. He doesn't seem to know that race already is a prime factor in the confrontational atmosphere that permeates Ferguson. There is something about Ferguson that is very wrong.

The Whites in Ferguson are mostly Democrats and it was the Black vote, or lack thereof, that put them there. But, the Michael Brown shooting has left some backlash in its wake that may, ironically, galvanize local Black voters to elect local Republicans without regard to race.

Black voters in St. Louis County direct their anger at the Democratic Party - The Washington Post
It doesn't matter who they vote for. Neither party is gonna allow them to commit their crimes with impunity. And yeah, they aren't capable of governing themselves, anyone can see that, including you but you're not honest enough to acknowledge it.

t
That's probably what the British said about the colonists back in 1775, a year before the colonies gained independence . But, this Ferguson thing is not about total autonomy. All that is being said is that the electoral process will be used to elicit change via the framework of the Constitution. If the Black majority gets together and votes for reform, any true conservative,regardless of party affiliation, should be happy with that.
Only the most jaded racist would find fault with that scenario.

There is no escaping it , SJ. You are what you are. You have been shown evidence of Back governance time and time again, to no avail. I've personally given you excellent examples such as the Black Wall-street in OK and Rose wood Fla., Aisworth California and other places. Yet, your prejudices have locked you into a racist looping that never ends, regardless of the evidence put before you.
I feel sorry for you. Everything in life to you is about race. I don't recall you ever posting anything that didn't involve whining about how blacks are not treated with enough respect or given a big enough piece of the pie. Does a day ever go by that you aren't lamenting over the plight of the black man?
Am I here to satisfy YOU? I think not. But to answer your query, I'll jut say you don't get around much do you? You always respond to topics on race. WHY?

I see you haven't bothered to read the DOJ report on the FPD. I've taken the liberty to provide the link. All you have to do is click and read. Please do. Your ignorance is most suffocating!

and again I also am glad to refer you tof the Black Wall Street and Rosewood Fla as to exemplary examples of Black's ability to govern themselves on the highest levels. White men destroyed those efforts not Black men!
Wasn't Rosewood nigh on 100 years ago?

I doubt most blacks living today ever even heard of it.

t
That's probably what the British said about the colonists back in 1775, a year before the colonies gained independence . But, this Ferguson thing is not about total autonomy. All that is being said is that the electoral process will be used to elicit change via the framework of the Constitution. If the Black majority gets together and votes for reform, any true conservative,regardless of party affiliation, should be happy with that.

There is no escaping it , SJ. You are what you are. You have been shown evidence of Back governance time and time again, to no avail. I've personally given you excellent examples such as the Black Wall-street in OK and Rose wood Fla., Aisworth California and other places. Yet, your prejudices have locked you into a racist looping that never ends, regardless of the evidence put before you.
I feel sorry for you. Everything in life to you is about race. I don't recall you ever posting anything that didn't involve whining about how blacks are not treated with enough respect or given a big enough piece of the pie. Does a day ever go by that you aren't lamenting over the plight of the black man?
Am I here to satisfy YOU? I think not. But to answer your query, I'll jut say you don't get around much do you? You always respond to topics on race. WHY?
You start a topic on race, and want it ignored?

Ferguson will hold municipal elections April 7. The mayor and five of the six city councilpersons are white. Three are up for reelection. Since Michael Brown was gunned down by former Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson on August 9, the one loud refrain has repeatedly been how could a city where African-Americans make up the overwhelming majority of the population be policed by a nearly all-white police force, and governed by a nearly all-white city administration? The thought was that the Brown slaying angered and engaged so many thousands that it was almost a done deal that the first chance black residents got they'd jam the polls and totally revamp city government in Ferguson.

MORE:

I'm hoping the blacks come out in force to vote for change. Will they? its a toss up!
If they do, many will be celebrating with a bottle of Sandeman Ruby Port and brea.

t

I respond to a lot of other topics too, but you only post in the race topics.

MORE:

I'm hoping the blacks come out in force to vote for change. Will they? its a toss up!
If they do, many will be celebrating with a bottle of Sandeman Ruby Port and brea.
Blacks came out in force one time, to vote for a half-black, half-American charlatan that has done nothing for them but straddle them with a healthcare plan with deductibles that make it useless, and expand a free phone program which is in effect no different than the settlers trading trinkets to Indians for millions of acres of land.

Duped again, blacks may turn out to vote for Hillary, and get fucked again.

t

that what you get
You start a topic on race, and want it ignored?
DId I say that? Is that what you got out of the post you quoted? Nice try but I'm on to ya.
BTW, I wasn't talking to you.

t

Wrong! But so what if I do? Complain to management, not me!

MORE:

Blacks came out in force one time, to vote for a half-black, half-American charlatan that has done nothing for them but straddle them with a healthcare plan with deductibles that make it useless, and expand a free phone program which is in effect no different than the settlers trading trinkets to Indians for millions of acres of land.

All voters: blacks, whites, conservatives, liberals etc, are duped. It's just a matter of choosing who you want to be duped by. In the end, regardless of whether it's Hilary or Cruz...nothing is going to change all that much. Cruz might rant and rave about Obamacare; but, like Social Security and Medicare, it's now part of the fabric of American society and too many people like it!

t

I'm not complaining, just observing. Your whole life seems to center around race and nothing else. But feel free to remain a slave to this one issue.

t

I'm not complaining, just observing. Your whole life seems to center around race and nothing else. But feel free to remain a slave to this one issue.
Get back on topic or leave. This op isn't about me, it's about civil liberties and voting

MORE:

All voters: blacks, whites, conservatives, liberals etc, are duped. It's just a matter of choosing who you want to be duped by. In the end, regardless of whether it's Hilary or Cruz...nothing is going to change all that much. Cruz might rant and rave about Obamacare; but, like Social Security and Medicare, it's now part of the fabric of American society and too many people like it!
Bush is getting the nomination before Cruz will.

Get back on topic or leave. This op isn't about me, it's about civil liberties and voting
No, it's about you and your obsession with race.

MORE:

Bush is getting the nomination before Cruz will.
Well, has Bush announced his candidacy? Thus far, only Cruz has stepped up on the GOP side. Hillary has yet to declare her candidacy but if she does, she will probably run unopposed on the democrat side.

t
No, it's about you and your obsession with race.
Only to a dope like you! DId you read the DOJ report yet? If not ...stop wasting my time!

What is inconventient?

How Ferguson exposes the racial bias in local elections

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Ferguson holds municipal elections in April of odd-numbered years. In doing so, the town is hardly unique. Approximately three-fourths of American municipalities hold their elections in odd years, a Progressive-era reform intended to shield municipal elections from the partisan politics of national contests, but one that has been shown to have a dramatic effect on reducing turnout.

Ferguson also holds nonpartisan elections (where party labels do not appear on the ballot), another Progressive reform, and one that has been shown to reduce both what citizens know about candidates as well as their likelihood of voting. These consequences are worse for people with less education and less income.

What is inconventient?

How Ferguson exposes the racial bias in local elections

http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Ferguson holds municipal elections in April of odd-numbered years. In doing so, the town is hardly unique. Approximately three-fourths of American municipalities hold their elections in odd years, a Progressive-era reform intended to shield municipal elections from the partisan politics of national contests, but one that has been shown to have a dramatic effect on reducing turnout.

Ferguson also holds nonpartisan elections (where party labels do not appear on the ballot), another Progressive reform, and one that has been shown to reduce both what citizens know about candidates as well as their likelihood of voting. These consequences are worse for people with less education and less income.
Great information. I knew there had to be devious methodology used to maintain the status quo in Ferguson. Hopefully, efforts are underway to change that!

Forum List

Back