If deer could talk

I finally hit one last year, after 40 years of close calls. :(

I hit one with the wife's 2016 Nissan Versa last year, and it did about $3,000 worth of damage. The insurance paid to have it fixed.

Then I hit another one this year with the same car and totaled it out. That fucker came out of nowhere...

deer wreck1.jpg

Then we turned around and bought a Nissan just like it with the insurance money.

I hit one with the wife's 2016 Nissan Versa last year, and it did about $3,000 worth of damage. The insurance paid to have it fixed.

Then I hit another one this year with the same car and totaled it out. That fucker came out of nowhere...

View attachment 623954

Then we turned around and bought a Nissan just like it with the insurance money.
Yeah brother that's bad. When you live out in the woods while driving you always have to keep an eye out on both sides of the roads though it really don't matter. They are some unpredictable animals. They run so fast there's little that can be done.

View attachment 623954

Ouch!

Yeah brother that's bad. When you live out in the woods while driving you always have to keep an eye out on both sides of the roads though it really don't matter. They are some unpredictable animals. They run so fast there's little that can be done.
I read once that up in Maine drivers would adjust their right headlight to shine onto the shoulder to better spot deer at night while driving.

True story.
I was driving in the countryside to church with a lady friend once. As I topped a hill I saw a young buck in the distance running full tilt down the hill heading for the road ahead. I said to my friend "If I maintain my speed we will collide with that deer". My friend rolled her eyes at this, but a moment later I was forced to apply the brakes or the deer would have run right into the side of my car. She then looked me with new eyes.

I finally hit one last year, after 40 years of close calls. :(
A deer hit my pickup truck about 27 years ago. I had to replace the hood and quarter panel. But they are a different color than the rest of the truck. So I just call it two-tone.

I was kinda meaning to paint it all the same color someday but had better things to do. Some people call it procrastination when I say I might paint it someday. I just call it "I Don't Really Give a Fuck About the Color of My Pickup Truck". As long as it's mechanically sound and performs it's job, I don't give a fuck what it looks like.

And besides, it made it more recognizable. It got stolen off a jobsite one time and I called the police and every local taxi cab company dispatcher and the bus dispatcher and told them to put the word out to their drivers that there was a $200 cash reward for any driver that has information regarding the whereabouts of that truck.

Cash money talks. I had my truck back the same day.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back