If clergy were honest, would religions die?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012
If clergy were honest, would religions die?

I do not think so. Based on the fact, some clergy are maintaining religions based on telling the truth and have stopped lying to their adherents. Knowing this, I wonder why the clergy of all supernaturally based religions continue to lie to their adherents.

In the more honest distant past, those who sought God; did so at a more intellectual level than most do today. The ancients admitted that nothing concrete could be known about God. God was said to be unknowable, unfathomable and worked in mysterious ways and that no attributes could be applied to God.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Today, the idol worshiping religions, like Christianity and Islam, have given what they still claim is an unknowable, unfathomable and mysterious God, with kinds of attributes; which of course are human attributes taken to the maximum of the impossible and delusional supernatural.

Some religions seem to be returning to the more intelligent thinking of the ancients.

Would the idol worshiping religions like Christianity and Islam, be well served if their clergy returned to telling the truth of what they can know of God, or are the clergy serving their religions better by continuing to lie to their adherents?

Regards

DL

P.S.

What is said here about politicians and business is a good analogy to what I think religions do.

Of course not.

And you are wrong all men can know the truth about God, but it involves seeking Him and Asking Him for yourself.

The Holy Spirit reveals true religion

No there is tooo much money in religion. Ask T and his buddies , the evans think he is God.

Of course not.

And you are wrong all men can know the truth about God, but it involves seeking Him and Asking Him for yourself.

The Holy Spirit reveals true religion

I agree that truth would not kill religions. But do you think the clergy will ever start telling it?

Where are you looking for God?

As a Gnostic Christian I used the path Jesus taught. The one the church does not teach.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

No there is tooo much money in religion. Ask T and his buddies , the evans think he is God.

So why do the clergy not start to tell the truth if, as you say, their religions would still survive?

Regards
DL

Islam does not worship idols. What a fucking retard you are. You are too stupid to even know how to insult a religion properly.

Islam does not worship idols. What a fucking retard you are. You are too stupid to even know how to insult a religion properly.

Do Muslims not idolize the mental construct that they have created in their minds of Allah. Do they not all bow to that box in Mecca?

And why do you work so hard at replying like an a hole?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back