If and when SCOTUS throws out all or part of HCA who will you blame?

Who will be to blame if HCA is thrown out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You were the one claiming Democrats were the first ones to write the individual mandate into a bill, even though the Republicans had done it more than a decade prior.

Fine.
Were the Democrats forced to write unconstitutional mandates into their bills because the GOP had done it?

The question of who argued first for mandates is settled: my party the GOP did that.

The question here is SCOTUS going to throw out this mandate? I think it is better than 50/50 that will happen. The rest of the bill will be untouched.

You were the one claiming Democrats were the first ones to write the individual mandate into a bill, even though the Republicans had done it more than a decade prior.

Fine.
Were the Democrats forced to write unconstitutional mandates into their bills because the GOP had done it?

It just goes to show that no one seriously thinks the mandate is unconstitutional. If Republicans really thought it was unconstitutional, they wouldn't have been pushing it as an alternative for the Clinton plan in 1993, and they wouldn't be pushing it for Medicare (Ryan plan) and Social Security (various privatization schemes) today.

The question of who argued first for mandates is settled: my party the GOP did that.

The question here is SCOTUS going to throw out this mandate? I think it is better than 50/50 that will happen. The rest of the bill will be untouched.

Depends on how Anthony Kennedy's breakfast sits with him that morning.

Fine.

It just goes to show that no one seriously thinks the mandate is unconstitutional. If Republicans really thought it was unconstitutional, they wouldn't have been pushing it as an alternative for the Clinton plan in 1993, and they wouldn't be pushing it for Medicare (Ryan plan) and Social Security (various privatization schemes) today.

nonsense. I have a hard time believing anyone thinks that the commerce clause is so expansive it vests the right for the federal government to force individuals to buy a particular product.
what is shown is that neither party will hesitate to violate the Constitution.

Last edited:
Okay, almost no one. Ron Paul types think roads are unconstitutional, but the mainstream of the political debate doesn't think the mandate is unconstitutional. The people on the right screaming that the mandate is unconstitutional are doing it while supporting another bill right now that creates an individual mandate.

Fine.

Uh, no it doesn't. The fact that a bill was introduced with a few cosponsors, Democrats among them, and got nowhere in the Senate, and never made it into the House, actually indicates the exact opposite. No one wanted to push a bill that was clearly unconstitutional.
But it won't be the first time you're completely wrong. In the last 30 minutes.

Okay, almost no one. Ron Paul types think roads are unconstitutional, but the mainstream of the political debate doesn't think the mandate is unconstitutional. The people on the right screaming that the mandate is unconstitutional are doing it while supporting another bill right now that creates an individual mandate.

How many people have filed suit against Obamacare on just those grounds?
Obviously not all of them are Ron Paul types.

Second time you're dead wrong and it's only been 1 minute.

so you ate least believe that 4 prominent jurists believe the mandate is unconstitutional.

I blame the Repubs, both in congress and the Scotus. I think most people get that Obama isn't about to overturn his own Healthcare bill. Where are the jobs? Been busy taking even more away from the working class Repugs?

so you ate least believe that 4 prominent jurists believe the mandate is unconstitutional.

Everybody who can think believes that, pho king? Where have you been?

ridiculous. as is your idea that a belief that supporting one mandate has anything to do with a belief that it is constituional. you are not even being rational.

I blame the Repubs, both in congress and the Scotus.

surprise_meter1.jpg

ridiculous. as is your idea that a belief that supporting one mandate has anything to do with a belief that it is constituional. you are not even being rational.

This from the guy who taught irrationality as an art form to bigrebnc.

Fine.

Uh, no it doesn't. The fact that a bill was introduced with a few cosponsors, Democrats among them, and got nowhere in the Senate, and never made it into the House, actually indicates the exact opposite. No one wanted to push a bill that was clearly unconstitutional.
But it won't be the first time you're completely wrong. In the last 30 minutes.

A few? The bill had 21 sponsors in the Senate, 19 of which were Republicans (aka, roughly half the Republican caucus in the Senate). Every sponsor of the companion bill in the House was Republican.

How many people have filed suit against Obamacare on just those grounds?
Obviously not all of them are Ron Paul types.

Second time you're dead wrong and it's only been 1 minute.

Key word: seriously. They don't buy the crap they're selling. If they did, they wouldn't support Ryan's individual mandate.

There was a time with eight jurists though "separate but equal" was constitutional.

I blame the Repubs, both in congress and the Scotus. I think most people get that Obama isn't about to overturn his own Healthcare bill. Where are the jobs? Been busy taking even more away from the working class Repugs?

How can any one person contain so much stupidity and misinformation?
Where are the jobs? Ask Obama and the Democrats. He's had a laser-like focus on jobs jobs jobs since he took office.

Forum List

Back