If and when SCOTUS throws out all or part of HCA who will you blame?

Who will be to blame if HCA is thrown out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the SCOTUS knocks down OBAMACARE the GOP will own the healthcare situation. No one to blame but themselves. Already some of the parts to this bill are making a huge difference and will be sorely missed.

The GOP is now scrambling to find some things to replace these provisions should the awful happen.

This will the the loudest LOL moment in the past century!

Sorry. i know where the claim originated from. And its factually untrue.

Let me know when you can change your talking points. As far as I know, the GOP has never put forth an individual mandate for everybody to buy insurance. And, come to think of it, I am quite sure it is an idea that has been around far longer than you are giving it credit for.

Is it somehow still not well-known that the Senate GOP alternative to the Clinton plan in 1993 was the embodiment of Heritage's framework and thus contained the individual mandate? Even later bi-partisan pieces of legislation, like Wyden-Bennett (which the current GOP nominee is on record as praising as a good model for the nation), had a variant of the individual mandate.

The argument you're supposed to be using is not that they didn't introduce it, it's that they didn't really mean it.

Actually, the argument I have been making is that the claim that the individual mandate was an idea that originated with the GOP is untrue.

If the SCOTUS knocks down OBAMACARE the GOP will own the healthcare situation. No one to blame but themselves. Already some of the parts to this bill are making a huge difference and will be sorely missed.

The GOP is now scrambling to find some things to replace these provisions should the awful happen.

Scrambling you say? GOP will own it you say? Like Obama now owns the high UE or shitty economy?

The GOP offered plenty of ideas, they were all ignored by the one.

Yes. Truly the GOP is responsible for decisions made by the Judicial branch.

Actually, the argument I have been making is that the claim that the individual mandate was an idea that originated with the GOP is untrue.

"Originated with" means that they were the first major political party to introduce a health reform package built on an individual mandate. That's indisputable fact, their 1993 legislation is still sitting on the internet at the Library of Congress website. The individual mandate was the right's answer to the left's preference for an employer mandate (as in the Clinton plan).

"Originated with" means that they were the first major political party to introduce a health reform package built on an individual mandate. That's indisputable fact, their 1993 legislation is still sitting on the internet at the Library of Congress website. The individual mandate was the right's answer to the left's preference for an employer mandate (as in the Clinton plan).

If that is your definition of "originated with", then ok. But it is not how I use the term.

Sorry. i know where the claim originated from. And its factually untrue.

Let me know when you can change your talking points. As far as I know, the GOP has never put forth an individual mandate for everybody to buy insurance. And, come to think of it, I am quite sure it is an idea that has been around far longer than you are giving it credit for.

Then prove it, but you can't, and that's the end of your creditability,

This is da interwebz jakey. No one has credibility

Then there is no point to this topic is there? Yeah, the GOP put out a mandate as early as 1993 to county Hilarycare. Look it up.

Obama for not standing his ground and getting legislation implemented that would have actually made a real difference (ie. public option).

How can you blame obama for something being ruled unconstitutional?
I blame him for over reaching his authority not for what rightfully be ruled unconstitutional.

Then prove it, but you can't, and that's the end of your creditability,

This is da interwebz jakey. No one has credibility

Then there is no point to this topic is there? Yeah, the GOP put out a mandate as early as 1993 to county Hilarycare. Look it up.

Sure there is. "I" wanted to know who liberals would blame. Sadly they are all to chickenshit save one, to vote. Voting does not require credibility, if if did no lib would ever be elected.

If and when SCOTUS throws out all or part of HCA who will you blame?

Obama for over reaching
The gop
An activist court

Having passed the legislation is the accomplishment Pelosi was alluding to that would be understood away from the fog of the controversy.

none of the above options may be relevant pertaining to the courts decision.

I blame rich people who only have money because they either got lucky, took advantage of decent folks or inherited well.

If they weren't so greedy and selfish and would just do the right thing and pay their fair share, then I could get everything I always wanted for FREE!!

Last edited:
So let me get this straight: The GOP 20 years ago floated a proposal for an individual mandate. So obviously the Dems were so enthralled with the GOP of 20 years ago that they had to include that bit of policy in the health care law, even though it was known when they did that it was probably unconstitutional? And so the GOP is to blame for Obamacare being struck down even though not a single member voted forit?
Really? Is that a serious question?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08uk99L8oqQ]Q: Obamacare mandate constitutional? PelosI: "Are you serious?" - YouTube[/ame]

Has anyone disagreed with that?

It was not realized to be unConstitutional until the CBO reported as such in their 1994 analysis.

Doesn't mean a thing until passed by a legislature and reviewed by SCOTUS.

But I am glad you guys are admitting our GOP put the mandate out there first,

Forum List

Back