If and when SCOTUS throws out all or part of HCA who will you blame?

Who will be to blame if HCA is thrown out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am still amazed by Pelosi saying that "They have to pass the bill before they will know what is in it". It is simply amazing that something like that can be said with a straight face.

You can say that about most everything coming from liberal Democrats... and a lot of Republicans too.

If the USSC overturns Obamacare, this will be the mantra from the left......."5 (or 6, etc) unelected officials took away your health care".

The individual mandate's Republican roots: A guide - The Week
theweek.com/.../the-individual-mandates-republican-roots-a-guide

Mar 29, 2012 – The Right is working overtime to kill ObamaCare's central component — even though Mitt Romney and other GOP leaders once trumpeted the ...
Daily Kos: Republicans Supported an Individual Mandate Until ...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit..../-Republicans-Supported-an-Individual-Mandat...

Mar 27, 2012 – So anyway.... below the fold you can see the Republican's complete hypocrisy on the individual health care mandate. I'm not sure why this ...
There was a reason conservatives once supported the individual ...
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/www.washingtonpost.com/...individual-mandate/.../gIQAid...

by Ezra Klein - in 856,690 Google+ circles - More by Ezra Klein
Mar 31, 2012 – In the 1990s, the individual mandate was also the Republican counterproposal to President Bill Clinton's health-care bill, and in 2005, it was ...
In 1993, Republicans Proposed A Mandate First : NPR
NPR : National Public Radio : News & Analysis, World, US, Music & Arts : NPR › News › Politics

Mar 31, 2012 – Despite their current opposition, the individual mandate originated with Republicans. Weekends on All Things Considered host Guy Raz talks ...
Health mandate was originally a Republican idea - USATODAY.com
http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/www.usatoday.com/USCP/.../2012-03-27-bcscotusmandate_ST_U.ht...
Mar 27, 2012 – Health mandate was originally a Republican idea ... The "individual mandate," which requires virtually all Americans to obtain health insurance ...
Why the Right Turned Its Back on the Individual Mandate - The Daily ...
►►

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/www.thedailybeast.com/.../why-the-right-turned-its-ba...Mar 27, 2012
At the heart of the apocalyptic health-care rhetoric is the individual ... not think that all Republican opposition ...
The Mahablog » GOP for Individual Mandate Before They Were ...
► 32:23► 32:23

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/www.mahablog.com/.../gop-for-individual-mandate-b...Mar 27, 2012 - 32 min
And this includes some of the same Republicans who today declare that the individual mandate is the end of ...

Last edited:
Link. Pho-king?

A link to what? Prove a negative? The general beleief among lefty mongoloids that the individual mandate passed without any republican support was actually an idea put forth by the GOP is simply wrong. It was an idea put forth by the Heritage foundation-which does not speak for the GOP. Was it an idea advocated by a Conservative think tank? yes. originally constructed by them? Im not sure. But to say it was a GOP idea is something only a mongoloid on the left might put forth.

I blame republicans, some democrats and all their sacred vested interests for practically everything that is wrong with our health system. Universal coverage should have been instituted after WW2 the same as we encouraged, subsidized and even demanded devastated Europe do. They did the right thing to mitigate misery and suffering in their countries, who is going to cajole the US into doing the right thing by it's people?

Looking for liberal responses here too.

Obviously every time there is a court order overturning the will of the people there is a certain degree of jurist activism taking place. In this case however, the "must buy insurance" component of the ACA is one that I can't see as constitutional. The rest of it? As constitutional as anything else nowadays.

Link. Pho-king?

A link to what? Prove a negative? The general beleief among lefty mongoloids that the individual mandate passed without any republican support was actually an idea put forth by the GOP is simply wrong. It was an idea put forth by the Heritage foundation-which does not speak for the GOP. Was it an idea advocated by a Conservative think tank? yes. originally constructed by them? Im not sure. But to say it was a GOP idea is something only a mongoloid on the left might put forth.

Check #28 above, read, and come back with a new talking point.

I blame republicans

Not one of them voted for this obamanation... but you blame Republicans?

ROTFL.gif

Link. Pho-king?

Sorry. i know where the claim originated from. And its factually untrue.

Let me know when you can change your talking points. As far as I know, the GOP has never put forth an individual mandate for everybody to buy insurance. And, come to think of it, I am quite sure it is an idea that has been around far longer than you are giving it credit for.

Let me know when you can change your talking points. As far as I know, the GOP has never put forth an individual mandate for everybody to buy insurance. And, come to think of it, I am quite sure it is an idea that has been around far longer than you are giving it credit for.

Then prove it, but you can't, and that's the end of your creditability,

prove where the idea of an individual mandate originated? Sorry. That is an impossible task. Can you prove that the very first time the idea of an individual mandate arose, it was in an elected republican's head?

And why would anything I post on this board impact my creditability? Guess I better check my tri-report...

Last edited:

This is da interwebz jakey. No one has credibility

Is it somehow still not well-known that the Senate GOP alternative to the Clinton plan in 1993 was the embodiment of Heritage's framework and thus contained the individual mandate? Even later bi-partisan pieces of legislation, like Wyden-Bennett (which the current GOP nominee is on record as praising as a good model for the nation), had a variant of the individual mandate.

The argument you're supposed to be using is not that they didn't introduce it, it's that they didn't really mean it.

Forum List

Back