Zone1 If a follower of Judaism simply cannot keep Shabbat, is there a way to make amends?

The measurement is from the edge of a city and the count stops if one reaches any other inhabited area.
Do you follow this? Yet, no animal sacrifices. Don't need a temple for animal sacrifices. Abraham didn't need one.

Do you follow this? Yet, no animal sacrifices. Don't need a temple for animal sacrifices. Abraham didn't need one.
Yes, I do follow this actually. Because where I live the towns merge with each other, it has never been a real problem for me.

In terms of sacrifices, yes, we do need a temple, yes we do need a state of spiritual holiness on a level we cannot attain now. Abraham lived before the Mosaic code was given so he wasn't bound by it as I am. The text says that we are to offer sacrifices specifically in the place that God specifies, the temple in Jerusalem. Since its destruction, we cannot give sacrifices (it is slightly more complex than that but that's a fine over simplification).

Yes, I do follow this actually. Because where I live the towns merge with each other, it has never been a real problem for me.

In terms of sacrifices, yes, we do need a temple, yes we do need a state of spiritual holiness on a level we cannot attain now. Abraham lived before the Mosaic code was given so he wasn't bound by it as I am. The text says that we are to offer sacrifices specifically in the place that God specifies, the temple in Jerusalem. Since its destruction, we cannot give sacrifices (it is slightly more complex than that but that's a fine over simplification).
I get the foreleg----is it ok that I can't sing?

Where in the 5 books of Moses does it specifically states that a sacrifice can only take place in Jerusalem? It's just more silly traditions that somehow have made it into people's minds that it's the law of Moses. Much like some of the Kosher stuff that people do traditionally but unnecessary.

Where in the 5 books of Moses does it specifically states that a sacrifice can only take place in Jerusalem? It's just more silly traditions that somehow have made it into people's minds that it's the law of Moses. Much like some of the Kosher stuff that people do traditionally but unnecessary.
where in the golden plates of MORONI---does it say people must wear idiotic contraption underwear? btw----where are the golden plates?

Why do you assume that Judaism is limited to the written text?

where in the golden plates of MORONI---does it say people must wear idiotic contraption underwear? btw----where are the golden plates?
You made the statement that it was because of the law of Moses. So, answer the question. Where in the 5 books does it say an animal sacrifice has to be in the Temple?

I'm continuously amazed that any posts on this board about Jews which, at my latest guess has about six Jewish members, manage to garner so many replies.

Even a post regarding a question of halacha manages nearly 400 posts in just a few days.

I'm continuously amazed that any posts on this board about Jews which, at my latest guess has about six Jewish members, manage to garner so many replies.

your count is low - and equally amazing, those long since past are ever missed.

Forum List

Back