Idaho lawmakers applaud Bundy militia goon

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Fuking Idiots - (and I can say that .. I live here)

While the Idaho House was in session Tuesday, a lawmaker introduced, and several others applauded, a Hailey man who recently pleaded guilty to obstruction of a court order stemming from his actions during the 2014 standoff near Bunkerville, Nev.

Many lawmakers on the floor that day had earlier been part of a letter to U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions that raised concerns about the man’s prosecution.

“I’d like to introduce Mr. Eric Parker,” said Rep. Dorothy Moon, R-Stanley.

A number of House members then began applauding, until House Speaker Scott Bedke, R-Oakley, gavelled them down and asked the chamber to maintain order.

The House floor introduction came at a time when representatives generally introduce visiting constituents, family members, groups of students or dignitaries. They are generally greeted with a polite wave from the entire body, rather than applause.

Parker entered a plea agreement with federal prosecutors admitting he had obstructed a court order, a crime with a far lighter sentence than the others he had been charged with.

Arizona militia member Gregory Burleson was sentenced to 68 years in prison, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Idaho House members applaud man involved in Bundy standoff

web1_rtr4foz3_16.jpg

Forum List

Back