Ida, evolutionary model, challenged by new discovery

Genetics prove nothing unless they are an exact match.
So genetics mean nothing unless dealing with clones or identical twins? :cuckoo:

EVERYTHING on this planet, according to Science

According to certain theories and models. 'according to science' is a fallacious and meaningless phrase.

evolved from the exact same building blocks and the first microbic life forms. Of course using that approach everything SHOULD be close to the same in genetics.

Which is exactly why genetics are important and can support the model

Once again, provide a clear defined path from species to species and prove 2 distinct species evolved from a single Mammal species. Science can not do that. All they can do is provide a clear path WITHIN a mammal species.

Actually, if you follow the evidence you alredy hinted at...

And my personal belief is that evolution does not conflict with God at all. God made everything and he used what was present on this planet.

Prove it, since apparently only that which is observed is valid to your ignorant mind. Repeat it and show us...

You see unlike you two, I can believe in both science and God. I am more open to knowledge then either of you close minded people.
You're an ignorant fool who refuses to follow any evidence that conflicts with your opinion

Define 'proof' in your world. All evidence supports the accepted theory; only the details and early stages are really in question.

Proof in his world is whatever his interpretation is of a book that was written in the bronze age.

Attempting to have a serious discussion about science with people who are fundamentalists is a complete waste of time.

Remember their superpower is being impervious to fact or logic.

doesnt this conflict with dna testing showing the mother of civilization was in africa?

At first glance, perhaps. However, it could be (hypothetically) that our ancestors developed in Asia and them migrated d to Africa. I wonder whether DNA extraction and sequencing has been attempted. Remember that with such old fossils, the odds of getting DNA are slim, forcing nus to rely on more classical means of classification.

Define 'proof' in your world. All evidence supports the accepted theory; only the details and early stages are really in question.
LOL!!!

Only the "details" and "early stages" are in question :lol:

It takes far, far, more Faith to believe in evolution, than in religion.

Ya, I mean who needs those pesky "details" when you can just make them up? Who needs to provide any shred of evidence of a single mammal ever evolving into 2 different distinct other mammals when you can just say " hey they have similar genetic mixes, must be the same."

I rememer when you cried 'show me evidence', and we did. I remember when you used to cry 'show me speciation', and we did. Now you move the goalposts yet again. Your arguments are pure ignorance and dishonesty, and you offer no refutation of the evidence presented. To pretend that an ignorant, uninformed, and unthinking theist like yourself could ever critique the best minds in modern science is laughable.

I rememer when you cried 'show me evidence', and we did. I remember when you used to cry 'show me speciation', and we did. Now you move the goalposts yet again. Your arguments are pure ignorance and dishonesty, and you offer no refutation of the evidence presented. To pretend that an ignorant, uninformed, and unthinking theist like yourself could ever critique the best minds in modern science is laughable.

you mean those best minds in science that desperately need the government to back them so they can push their best guess as fact to my 7th grader?

or the best minds in science that actually produce results

you mean those best minds in science that desperately need the government to back them so they can push their best guess as fact to my 7th grader?

:lol:

A blatant red herring. Look around you, woman. The computer your sitting at, the plastivcs it's made with- all because of some scientists' 'best guess'. The artificial satellites orbiting the Earth, modern medicine, the automobile- all products of scientists' 'best guess'. It's ironic that theists attack science for revising the model, when it's that very falsifiability that allows science to progress whil;e ignorant and moronic theists are stuck in the stone age without the help of the godless. TReligion glorifies ignorance and stupidity and prevents the progress of societies and technology. Religions makes a wild guess and sticks to it no matter how much evidence contradicts it. That scientific models can be revised simply illustrates that, unlike religion, science is honest.

Science is a series of practical processes, religion is a belief system. One has little to do with the other. We can believe what we wish, believing means never having to prove anything. Science requires evidence and proof of claims.

Science is a series of practical processes, religion is a belief system. One has little to do with the other. We can believe what we wish, believing means never having to prove anything. Science requires evidence and proof of claims.

Until science solves the mystery, they are no more correct than the most rabid literal bible thumper.

I like this discovery, it actually supports one of my "younger" theories, from when I was first learning about evolution back in junior high school. To simplify it, humans evolved from a few different ancestors, not all from the same, thus making us a near final step in evolution instead of just part of one track.[/QUOTE]

Every time another generation of any species succeeds the previous, evolution occurs. As our species various races homogonize, we are evolving. The great melting pots of the international community are evolving the species into a brown race from the various rainbow races that preceeded.

The final step in evolution is extinction.

What we descended from lemurs? Come on which is it? Mice, apes or Lemurs?

This is a relatively ignorant question, considering all three have a common ancestor.

No proof of that exists. Once again provide even ONE example of proven mammal species that we can PROVE developed into 2 or more distinct separate species.

I don't think it can be done, since no one was there to document such a phenomenon.

Forum List

Back