Icon of the Left: George Soros

Thanks for responding.

So, how did Soros "make something of himself" other than capitalism?
He escaped the Nazis.

Lots did after the war. Lots didn't make a thing of themselves.

(Loving the backpeddle, though.)

.... Now show me where I said anything derogatory about the Koch's being capitalists, if they even are. I actually have no idea how they make their money.
You said they oppose unions.

(You also said that is unconstitutional, which is pretty funny.)

Why do you think they oppose unions?
To receive political favors from the politicians they support.

But that is immaterial. I dislike them for their politics, not how they make their money.

****off topic*****

Can somoene ask BDBoop what post I personally attacked and offended her with?

I tried to find it, then tried to ask her to tell me, but I think she is ignoring me now.

****on topic****

George Soros is one of the most powerful men on earth. A New York hedge fund manager, he has amassed a personal fortune estimated at about $13 billion (as of 2009). His company, Soros Fund Management, controls at least another $25 billion in investor assets. Since 1979, Soros's foundation network -- whose flagship is the Open Society Institute (OSI) -- has dispensed more than $5 billion to a multitude of organizations whose objectives are consistent with those of Soros. With assets of $1.93 billion as of 2008, OSI alone donates scores of millions of dollars annually to these various groups. Following is a sampling of the major agendas advanced by groups that Soros and OSI support financially. Listed under each category heading are a few OSI donees fitting that description.
Discover the Networks

soros is the really evil looking guy.

soros1.jpg

he made 1 billion, gagillion, fafillion, shabolubalu million illion yillion yen by being so evil.
And there are people all over Britain living in the gutters because he RUINED them, teh bastahd!

Or, what it says is there is no strawman.

Or, if there is one, folks are more interested in attacks than discussion.

You know, just KNOW you want to prove her and me wrong. The perception that he is an icon of the left is not just hers. Millions have it.

And there is yet any interest in dispelling it.

you can't dispel stupid. you can't dispel obnoxious rightwingnut memes.

mostly, you can't teach pigs to talk. it doesn't work and it annoys the pigs.

so why bother trying to "dispel" anything spewed by nutters?
Why bother using logical arguments when you think personal attacks are more relevant?

:rolleyes:

i reserve my "logical" attacks when responding to threads that arent't trolling for rightwingnut rep.

He escaped the Nazis.

Lots did after the war. Lots didn't make a thing of themselves.

(Loving the backpeddle, though.)

.... Now show me where I said anything derogatory about the Koch's being capitalists, if they even are. I actually have no idea how they make their money.
You said they oppose unions.

(You also said that is unconstitutional, which is pretty funny.)

Why do you think they oppose unions?
To receive political favors from the politicians they support.

With respect to my question about why the Koches oppose unions, I doubt their opposing unions holds much water in getting any political favors. If it did, I oppose unions, too. I'm not getting any political favors as a result.

They get political favors because of their donations, as does Soros.

But, why you think the Koches oppose unions is still a mystery. It's funny; I was thinking if I could come up with such a non-responsive answer so beautifully dusted with idiocy. I concluded that even trying, I could not.

.... But that is immaterial. I dislike them for their politics, not how they make their money.
Exactly my point. You dislike one because their politics differ from yours and you like the other because of their politics.

So, rich donors ends up being an irrelevant point. It's a wash. But, so many bring it up as relevant.

What is more relevant, IMHO, is getting more of a balance to political influence. The root of that problem is in legislation, not in the rich (as OWS seems to think).

Last edited:
Seems like "freedom of speech" only counts if you're a rightie. He's got the bucks, he can have as much "free speech" as he can afford. The USSC said so, dipshits!!!

Thanks Frank. Now the left can - yet again - bitch about you raising the Nazi shit and completely fucking ignore the really significant issues I've raised.

Thanks very fucking much. I could mistake you for a liberal with your ability to ignore the important stuff in order to bitch. Fuck off.

Nazi shit? Are you out of your fucking mind? He actively worked with Nazis, it's not some fantasy, not some fiction.

You think he was some nice guy that suddenly got involved in finance and fanaticism?

I know exactly who he is, Frank. I was just hoping for a slightly more rational discussion about him generally rather than constant bitching about what he did as a teenager. I personally am disgusted by that period of his life, particularly since he is on record as having 'no regrets' about it. The man is amoral. But I had hoped that we could actually look further than that. You are obsessed with one single period of his life. I am not. I am interested in why the left deem him acceptable, despite the overwhelming evidence that he is an amoral, evil, self interested, megalomaniac.

This is a good thread, CG. Glenn Beck exposed Soros and his history and intentions a couple of years ago, when he had his TV program. You have added information and links that have meaning to people who want to know what is really going down...Thx!

Kind of makes you wonder if Beck ever researches those he deems his enemies or just pulls "facts" out of his ass.

Well, I don't really wonder....

Here is UK pension fund performance.

http://www.watsonwyatt.com/europe/pubs/statistics/render2.asp?ID=21

You can see that in the fourth quarter of 1992, which was the quarter following Black Wednesday, performance was up in every single asset class except for property, which fell -0.6%. Even in the third quarter, performance was strong. In 1993, all asset classes were up as UK pensions had one of their best years.

"How did George Soros "break the Bank of England"?

In Britain, Black Wednesday (September 16, 1992) is known as the day that speculators broke the pound. They didn't actually break it, but they forced the British government to pull it from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM). Joining the ERM was part of Britain's effort to help along the unification of the European economies. However, in the imperialistic style of old, she had tried to stack the deck.

Although it stood apart from European currencies, the British pound had shadowed the German mark in the period leading up to the 1990s. Unfortunately, the desire to "keep up with the Joneses" left Britain with low interest rates and high inflation. Britain entered the ERM with the express desire to keep its currency above 2.7 marks to the pound. This was fundamentally unsound because Britain's inflation rate was many times that of Germany's. (Keep reading about this in Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke.)

Compounding the underlying problems inherent in the pound's inclusion into the ERM was the economic strain of reunification that Germany found itself under, which put pressure on the mark as the core currency for the ERM. The drive for European unification also hit bumps during the passage of the Maastricht Treaty, which was meant to bring about the euro. Speculators began to eye the ERM and wondered how long fixed exchange rates could fight natural market forces. Spotting the writing on the wall, Britain upped its interest rates to the teens to attract people to the pound, but speculators, George Soros among them, began heavy shorting of the currency.

The British government gave in and withdrew from the ERM as it became clear that it was losing billions trying to buoy its currency artificially. Although it was a bitter pill to swallow, the pound came back stronger because the excess interest and high inflation were forced out of the British economy following the beating. Soros pocketed $1 billion on the deal and cemented his reputation as the premier currency speculator in the world.

How did George Soros "break the Bank of England"?

Nazi shit? Are you out of your fucking mind? He actively worked with Nazis, it's not some fantasy, not some fiction.

You think he was some nice guy that suddenly got involved in finance and fanaticism?

I know exactly who he is, Frank. I was just hoping for a slightly more rational discussion about him generally rather than constant bitching about what he did as a teenager. I personally am disgusted by that period of his life, particularly since he is on record as having 'no regrets' about it. The man is amoral. But I had hoped that we could actually look further than that. You are obsessed with one single period of his life. I am not. I am interested in why the left deem him acceptable, despite the overwhelming evidence that he is an amoral, evil, self interested, megalomaniac.

This is a good thread, CG. Glenn Beck exposed Soros and his history and intentions a couple of years ago, when he had his TV program. You have added information and links that have meaning to people who want to know what is really going down...Thx!

You give credibility to anything that Beck spouts?:cuckoo:

In Britain, Black Wednesday (September 16, 1992) is known as the day that speculators broke the pound. They didn't actually break it, but they forced the British government to pull it from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism (ERM). Joining the ERM was part of Britain's effort to help along the unification of the European economies. However, in the imperialistic style of old, she had tried to stack the deck.

Although it stood apart from European currencies, the British pound had shadowed the German mark in the period leading up to the 1990s. Unfortunately, the desire to "keep up with the Joneses" left Britain with low interest rates and high inflation. Britain entered the ERM with the express desire to keep its currency above 2.7 marks to the pound. This was fundamentally unsound because Britain's inflation rate was many times that of Germany's. (Keep reading about this in Stop Keeping Up With The Joneses - They're Broke.)

Compounding the underlying problems inherent in the pound's inclusion into the ERM was the economic strain of reunification that Germany found itself under, which put pressure on the mark as the core currency for the ERM. The drive for European unification also hit bumps during the passage of the Maastricht Treaty, which was meant to bring about the euro. Speculators began to eye the ERM and wondered how long fixed exchange rates could fight natural market forces. Spotting the writing on the wall, Britain upped its interest rates to the teens to attract people to the pound, but speculators, George Soros among them, began heavy shorting of the currency.

The British government gave in and withdrew from the ERM as it became clear that it was losing billions trying to buoy its currency artificially. Although it was a bitter pill to swallow, the pound came back stronger because the excess interest and high inflation were forced out of the British economy following the beating. Soros pocketed $1 billion on the deal and cemented his reputation as the premier currency speculator in the world.

This is what I don't understand.

You have conservatives on here lambasting Soros and defending bad government policy. The government created a policy to keep the pound and interest rates far too high thwarting "natural market forces." Government was controlling the price and manipulating the market. Yet the government is good and the market is bad? Why?

Simple, Toro. Anything that someone like Soros does has to be bad, and anything that has gone wrong should be blamed on him. Irregardless of facts.

Someone that is rich and a liberal has no right to spend his money to advance the ideals that he or she holds.

Anyone that is rich and a 'Consevative' has the duty to spend their money to advance the ideals that he or she holds.

And God help the conservative that actually speaks with lucidity and logic. They immediatly earn the moniker of Rino, or worse.

Simple, Toro. Anything that someone like Soros does has to be bad, and anything that has gone wrong should be blamed on him. Irregardless of facts.

Someone that is rich and a liberal has no right to spend his money to advance the ideals that he or she holds.

Anyone that is rich and a 'Consevative' has the duty to spend their money to advance the ideals that he or she holds.

And God help the conservative that actually speaks with lucidity and logic. They immediatly earn the moniker of Rino, or worse.

Exactly.

And again..no calls for regulating any of these practices. None. :eusa_shhh:

You have conservatives on here lambasting Soros and defending bad government policy. The government created a policy to keep the pound and interest rates far too high thwarting "natural market forces." Government was controlling the price and manipulating the market. Yet the government is good and the market is bad? Why?

Ideology. Pure and simple.

In other words, if he gets any blame, he also gets the credit for Brits thriving! :lol:

Ideology. Pure and simple.

compounded by idiotology of poor simpletons.

Forum List

Back