Icon of the Left: George Soros

Really? Soros supports breaking up unions?
The Constitution covers unions?

It doesn't.

They are just like Soros - capitalists who got rich with capitalism.

And, you are a hypocrite.

But, that never surprises most of us.
Ah, so I'm not allowed to dislike someone because of their politics.

Got it!

I'm a capitalist, btw.

:)
I never said that.

I did say your hypocrisy is on display. It so often is.

It's just nice when it is so blatant.

The Constitution covers unions?

It doesn't.

They are just like Soros - capitalists who got rich with capitalism.

And, you are a hypocrite.

But, that never surprises most of us.

Got it!

I'm a capitalist, btw.

I never said that.

:lol: I'm a hypocrite because I don't like the Koch brothers.

Awesome!

No, my mind is perfectly rational. Guilt is not a rational feeling, nor is it delegated by others. Of course, the Nazis should feel guilty.... because they are guilty. But, even if you did what he did to survive, a normal person would have - at some time in their adult life - felt some remorse for how they survived. That's if one has any morals.

I notice, however, that you're still stuck on the Nazi thing. I'm not. I am far more interested in his behavior as an adult. So, tell me, given that he made his fortune by profiting off of the destruction of the well being of ordinary people, do you think that's ok?

Seriously Cali..? WHO thinks the destruction of ordinary people is A OK? :cuckoo:

I have seen several posters deny he is their ICON and your OP has been shown to have several falsehoods. WTF is wrong with you constantly needing to pretend you are the only one with any morals around here...?

I do it for the same reason that the left claim Rush Limbaugh is the 'icon' of the right. Because it is true. I may not as an individual have any respect for Rush, but that does not make the accusation any less valid. It's a valid comment, far too many on the right take a lead from Rush. Equally, with Soros and the left. He is part and parcel of left wing politics not just in the US but around the world. That is why I say it. Because it is true.

And.... as for my comments about who thinks the destruction of ordinary people is ok.... I say that because not one of you.... not fucking one person.... has commented that it is not ok. Not one. This thread is jammed with personal attacks and strawmen about his childhood. Interesting that you don't call those people out on that. No. You choose to call me out for wondering why people cannot bring themselves to criticize Soros for what he has done.

No, that's just another of your delusions... I am pointing out the way you and Si Modo treated Ravi and Luissa in the first hundred posts of this thread. YOU were the ones being obnoxious and dishonest and EAGER to make personal attacks... WTF would want to step in at that point and argue ANYthing with you two?

And how convenient for your delusions to go on and on some more assuming no one possibly COULD...And if they didn't he MUST be their DARLING ICON...And therefore you have PROVEN them as dishonest hypocrites who think it is just SWELL when greedy people destroy economies. Oh isn't it SUCH a pity they are SO immoral blah blah blah. Get a grip and take a deep breath with that bullshit, is all I'm saying. :cuckoo:

What's really interesting is how you want to assign everyone who and what they should call out. Maybe you should stop attacking and try giving people a little bit of credit.

Last edited:

Got it!

I'm a capitalist, btw.

I never said that.

Awesome!
No, you are a hypocrite for praising Soros for making money using capitalism and for disliking the Koches for doing the same.

Sometimes I really wonder why the obvious eludes you.

I never said that.

Awesome!
No, you are a hypocrite for praising Soros for making money using capitalism and for disliking the Koches for doing the same.

Where exactly did I ever praise Soros for making money using capitalism? And more importantly, where did I ever say I disliked the Koch brothers for doing the same? I said I didn't like them because they wanted to break up the unions, which in my opinion, is unconstitutional.

It's beneath you to resort to lying, Queasy.

:(

Awesome!

Where exactly did I ever praise Soros for making money using capitalism? And more importantly, where did I ever say I disliked the Koch brothers for doing the same? I said I didn't like them because they wanted to break up the unions, which in my opinion, is unconstitutional.

I didn't know much about Soros before this thread.

Now I see that he's an okay guy after all and that most of what the rightwingloons have against him are lies.

:thup:

I'm glad he escaped the Nazis and made something of himself.

He made something of himself other than through capitalism, eh?

:lmao:

Backpeddle some more.

There was also a powerful rally in the British gilt (bond) market. 10 year gilts were yielding 9.29% on September 16, 1992. A year later, they were yielding 7.014%. That means a 10 year gilt trading at par on Black Wednesday was £115 a year later, a 15% gain.

How do you lose money when stocks are up 30% and bonds are up 15% a year later? I mean, if British financial institutions lost money in a raging bull market, the principals would have been grossly incompetent and should have been sacked.

Anyways, back to work. Gotta pay the bills.

Last edited:

Now I see that he's an okay guy after all and that most of what the rightwingloons have against him are lies.

Backpeddle some more.
I'm embarrassed for you.

Backpeddle some more.
I'm embarrassed for you.
Why do you think that would have any significance?

I adore Soros?

LMAO!

I couldn't pick him out of a lineup, but can't help loving that man o'mine!!

soros is the really evil looking guy.

soros1.jpg

It doesn't. Just saying.
Thanks for responding.

So, how did Soros "make something of himself" other than capitalism?
He escaped the Nazis.

Lots did after the war. Lots didn't make a thing of themselves.

(Loving the backpeddle, though.)

.... Now show me where I said anything derogatory about the Koch's being capitalists, if they even are. I actually have no idea how they make their money.
You said they oppose unions.

(You also said that is unconstitutional, which is pretty funny.)

Why do you think they oppose unions?

Got it!

I'm a capitalist, btw.

I never said that.

Awesome!
There are plenty of reasons to hate the Koch's and not hate Soros.

Soros made his fortune from nothing, in fact....less than nothing, extremely disadvantaged!...using capitalism to gain imense wealth!, and you'd think righties would admire that.

The Koch's are a couple of frat boy trust fund dandies who run Daddy's company, and have never had a disadvantaged day in thier priveleged lives.....yet they support the Republican party's latest campaign against people with lower incomes.....something they will never know the first thing about.

Now I don't hate the Kocks because they're rich, nor do I hate them because they're righties.....they don't know anything about what challenges 99% of Americans face in life....except what their publicists tell them about....I hate them because they still judge those who weren't born with platinum spoons in thier mouths.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back