I would vote for Mike Rowe for president

A bit tongue-in-cheek, but he makes a valid point.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that those who have been propagandized, are far less well rounded as individuals than someone who has avoided higher education and decided to take on the job of keeping the world in good working order.

Nothing wrong with what he said. I am curious when he said we have to “get that back”....did we ever have a bunch of welders who would/could argue the differences between Aristotle and Galileo? Doubtful. His message is right though.

Vocational education should be available to every HS student in the nation and be part of the core curriculum to some degree. Not necessarily welding or electrical classes but certainly how to cook food, change a tire on an automobile, check fluids, etc....

Nothing wrong with what he said. I am curious when he said we have to “get that back”....did we ever have a bunch of welders who would/could argue the differences between Aristotle and Galileo? Doubtful. His message is right though.

Vocational education should be available to every HS student in the nation and be part of the core curriculum to some degree. Not necessarily welding or electrical classes but certainly how to cook food, change a tire on an automobile, check fluids, etc....

I know people who never finished high school who are more well read than a lot of college graduates.

AOC allegedly has a degree in econ, and doesn't know an externality from Big Mac.
It may appear that she has big teeth, but it's just an illusion on your computer monitor, an illusion.

On close cropped photos, microcephalic retards like her look like they have big teeth rather than small craniums.

That's why they look like they have horse teeth.

I will never get the knock on education from the average Republican voter. I believe every single Republican leader running for president has either an Ivy League or near-ivy League degree.

Those who didn't go to an Ivy League school, have advanced college degrees in law, etc.

And yet... this constant put down of higher learning. But, really can't blame the fools. Their leaders - like DeSantis and Trump who have Ivy degrees - constantly belittle it and these idiots like good little apparatchiks march in place.

I will never get the knock on education from the average Republican voter. I believe every single Republican leader running for president has either an Ivy League or near-ivy League degree.

Those who didn't go to an Ivy League school, have advanced college degrees in law, etc.

And yet... this constant put down of higher learning. But, really can't blame the fools. Their leaders - like DeSantis and Trump who have Ivy degrees - constantly belittle it and these idiots like good little apparatchiks march in place.
They are simply appealing to their base, knowing they would never spend a miniute of their life around the people they allegedly are trying to represent.

If Mike Rowe were running for Pres. against Trump and Biden, I think he would win. I'd consider voting for him, because I've always liked him, and he has the "intangibles" a good leader needs, and the other two are lacking.

But politics are not for everyone.

They are simply appealing to their base, knowing they would never spend a miniute of their life around the people they allegedly are trying to represent.
Yup. I get why the Republican hierarchy lies to their rank and file. But why do the rank and file swallow this hook, line, and sinker?

You have it backwards.

It's the skilled trades that have been knocked down belittled and degraded by the "everyone has to go to college" mentality.

If you bothered to watch the video clip you'd see that Rowe is actually talking about the tradesmen not only being skilled but also having a breadth of education.

As much as young people have been told that the trades are for people who aren't smart enough to do anything else it is actually the opposite. Becoming a skilled tradesman requires intelligence, creativity and real life problem solving skills.

Becoming an expert in an actual craft is a hell of a lot harder than getting a bullshit degree that will never allow the person with that degree to make enough money to pay back his loans.

Yup. I get why the Republican hierarchy lies to their rank and file. But why do the rank and file swallow this hook, line, and sinker?
The Republican hierarchy? You sound suspiciously like a post-modernist gaslight on intersectionality.

What specific lie has been told by your imaginary Republican Hierarchy?

You have it backwards.

It's the skilled trades that have been knocked down belittled and degraded by the "everyone has to go to college" mentality.

If you bothered to watch the video clip you'd see that Rowe is actually talking about the tradesmen not only being skilled but also having a breadth of education.

As much as young people have been told that the trades are for people who aren't smart enough to do anything else it is actually the opposite. Becoming a skilled tradesman requires intelligence, creativity and real life problem solving skills.

Becoming an expert in an actual craft is a hell of a lot harder than getting a bullshit degree that will never allow the person with that degree to make enough money to pay back his loans.
Let me guess... You are a tradesman with very little education. So, you go through life with a chip on your shoulder thinking every educated person you meet is looking down on you? How am I doing? Did I hit the mark?

Since you have a chip on your shoulder, you came here with a classic straw man argument. Expecting someone to come along and claim that everyone "must go to college" or be considered dumb.

Guess what? You will find no one who is going to make that claim outside of your deluded brain.

What you will find is that some profession indeed needs an education - would you have a dude operating on your family who does not have a medical degree? How about representing you in court on a murder charge?

But if my basement was flooded or if my house was burning down - I could care less that you have a degree from Harvard or Yale. What I am looking for is expertise.

So, stop putting these kinds of straw-man arguments up just so that you can feel better about yourself. Maybe in your profession, you don't need a college degree. Great. Bill Gates famously quit MIT and went on to be a successful programmer and businessman. Steve Jobs dropped out of a non-Ivy League school. Neither one would be considered uneducated nor would anyone look down on them.

So, stop mopping and get on with your life. Class dismissed.

Forum List

Back