I would support suspending the first amendment in this situation...

Ya don't need to lose your temper, ya don't need to yell, ya don't need to spank 'em.

It's a 2 years old, if ya can't out think 'em...

please, oh, please don't vote!

I think that the two year old manual should be outlawed.

My 2 year old has suddenly morphed from a sweet, agreeable, calm child into a defiant, brooding, grudge-holding ass.

He must have read a manual.

A manual which should be outlawed!

Nice job teaching him to read at age two. Mine had only just learned their ABC's when they were two. :)

My 2 year old has suddenly morphed from a sweet, agreeable, calm child into a defiant, brooding, grudge-holding ass.

You've just started...the terrible twos are followed by the terrifying threes which are followed by the fearful fours and the frightening fives.....then, it's okay for a few years, until they become teens...the most terrifying people in the world.

Holy crap, isn't THAT the truth. Little hormone bombs. I told my almost-15 son to log off the computer last night because he hadn't done a chore I told him earlier to do, and he actually took a swing at me! He missed, and my friend and roommate, Sean, dropped him to the floor in a full nelson and had to hold him there for almost fifteen minutes until Nick calmed down enough to be sent out to walk around the block and cool off. When he came back, he was crying and apologizing to me and thanking Sean for stopping him from hurting me. I mean, holy cats, that boy's an inch taller than me and has a good thirty pounds on me! No idea where THAT came from. Thank God for Sean's martial arts training.

You've just started...the terrible twos are followed by the terrifying threes which are followed by the fearful fours and the frightening fives.....then, it's okay for a few years, until they become teens...the most terrifying people in the world.

Nahh... kids will be kids.

The good times far outweigh the bad.

At least they for me..... so far :eusa_eh:

This is also true. Quinn is entering the terrible twos a little early (he won't be two until January), but as much as his growing independence drives me nuts (now that he's learned to climb, no place in the house is high enough to be safe), I love being able to almost SEE his little brain absorbing everything around him. He seems to learn something new every day. Last night, he learned to climb out of his playpen (!) Worse, he climbed out of it and into his old bassinet, which is being stored in his room to give to a friend, who's pregnant. Scare the crap out of me, why don't you, kid?

I love listening to his expanding vocabulary. I was carrying him out the front door the other day, and he leaned back a bit and bumped his head. With a bewildered expression on his face, he rubbed his head and said, "Bonk." That's the word he and Sean use when they headbutt each other, and you could just tell he didn't understand why bonking wasn't fun this time.

Later that afternoon, he sneezed and I said, "Bless you!" Right back, I hear, "'Ess 'oo."

Forum List

Back