I would support suspending the first amendment in this situation...

xotoxi

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2009
Yuurmaam
I think that the two year old manual should be outlawed.

My 2 year old has suddenly morphed from a sweet, agreeable, calm child into a defiant, brooding, grudge-holding ass.

He must have read a manual.

A manual which should be outlawed!

Awww he just needs more hugs.:D

patience-199x300.jpg

My 2 year old has suddenly morphed from a sweet, agreeable, calm child into a defiant, brooding, grudge-holding ass.

You've just started...the terrible twos are followed by the terrifying threes which are followed by the fearful fours and the frightening fives.....then, it's okay for a few years, until they become teens...the most terrifying people in the world.

You've just started...the terrible twos are followed by the terrifying threes which are followed by the fearful fours and the frightening fives.....then, it's okay for a few years, until they become teens...the most terrifying people in the world.

Nahh... kids will be kids.

The good times far outweigh the bad.

At least they for me..... so far :eusa_eh:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Nahh... kids will be kids.

The good times far outweigh the bad.

At least they for me..... so far :eusa_eh:

They do have their rewards.....

My son was great during 2, and he's pretty awesome so far at 3.

And he's on the autism spectrum disorder too. He behaves better than most so-called "normal" kids his age that I come into contact with.

It makes me wonder a lot about these disorders. They're all relative and subjective, if you ask me. If "normal" is running around like a maniac and disobeying every parental command in the book, smacking other kids, not sharing, not going to bed without a fight, etc, then I'll happily take my son the way he is now with his "autism".

Xotoxi, I suggest you consider corporal punishment. Gently ease him into the new regime by boxing his ears whenever he acts up. Then graduate to the birch for even the most minor infraction.

He'll soon tow the line.

With my kids the terrible twos lasted a week. They need love and they need boundaries. And they sort of know they have the one when they have the other. And two is when they start asking "Why." So you give them a reasonable why.

The only real problem with 2 year olds is that they tend to grow into teenagers. And then once you think they are past that and you have actually survived.....They move back in. Sometimes with a partner......

But you have years of enjoyment before all this......

With my kids the terrible twos lasted a week. They need love and they need boundaries. And they sort of know they have the one when they have the other. And two is when they start asking "Why." So you give them a reasonable why.

It is important to know that when they ask questions, the answer may be simpler than you think. For example, "Mommy where did I come from?" can be answered by "you came from your mother and father." and that's usually enough. My friend started going into detail and I think she scarred her kid for life, :lol:

Shock collar and crazy glue works charms :)

sssshhh there are other manuals, more advanced. Don't let him know.
. THOSE are the ones you need to find and destroy!

Boundaries, schedule, boundaries, schedule, schedule, schedule....and a second set of eyes implanted in the back of your head wouldn't hurt.

Forum List

Back