I went to jail tonight and i need advice

Mind you guys I've NEVER called the cops on my neighbor and I've had ample opportunities. I just don't function that way. And he is the ONLY neighbor I've ever had a problem with. No one in the neighborhood likes the dude.

That's not an excuse of my behavior but just some insight into the situation. He threatened to sue me over a 4 ft picket fence last year. All because I tied it into the corner of his privacy fence. Then you have the constant engine noise from the custom hotrods he and his boys build. Especially in the summer.

Gramps I can tell you only one thing, go get legal advice from a lawyer near you, they can point you in the right direction. If one says you have a case, go with it, they only accept cases they can win usually. Losses hurt business. If the Police entered your house uninvited they have broken several laws without a warrant.

I can also tell you that if they rule in your favor, you can pursue damages for being held against your will for 3 days.

Last edited:
Gramps I can tell you only one thing, go get legal advice from a lawyer near you, they can point you in the right direction. If one says you have a case, go with it, they only accept cases they can win usually. Losses hurt business. If the Police entered your house uninvited they have broken several laws without a warrant.

I can also tell you that if they rule in your favor, you can pursue damages for being held against your will for 3 days.

Actually, photomoronic is partly right. It is GOOD advice to say "see a lawyer."

The balance of what he said is largely just his usual ignorant bullshit.

Actually, photomoronic is partly right. It is GOOD advice to say "see a lawyer."

If you disagree with what I said, present the evidence that I am incorrect. I pay attention to my rights.

Mind you guys I've NEVER called the cops on my neighbor and I've had ample opportunities. I just don't function that way. And he is the ONLY neighbor I've ever had a problem with. No one in the neighborhood likes the dude.

That's not an excuse of my behavior but just some insight into the situation. He threatened to sue me over a 4 ft picket fence last year. All because I tied it into the corner of his privacy fence. Then you have the constant engine noise from the custom hotrods he and his boys build. Especially in the summer.

Be-careful with the roofing nails.

Unintentional spills cause such havoc for tires........:lol:

If you disagree with what I said, present the evidence that I am incorrect. I pay attention to my rights.

LOL.

Start things off on the right foot, ya moron. Assume the burden by accepting that it is your burden -- as the proponent.

I will then be more than pleased to dismantle your bullshit step by step.

You have not the foggiest fucking notion about the topic on which you have chosen to bleat.

Be-careful with the roofing nails.

Unintentional spills cause such havoc for tires........:lol:

Lol, I know what you mean. But that's just not me. I do however occasionally enjoy 60 second snipits of good songs. With the expectation that I may get a visit 10 minutes later.

I've actually thought about moving next year just to get away from the idiocy.

LOL.

Start things off on the right foot, ya moron. Assume the burden by accepting that it is your burden -- as the proponent.

I will then be more than pleased to dismantle your bullshit step by step.

You have not the foggiest fucking notion about the topic on which you have chosen to bleat.

Don't be such a lemon. You know damn well Police can only enter your house under a VERY specific set of circumstances, most of which require your consent.

As to damages, he can't sue the PD, I don't think anyone can, but he can certainly go after the neighbor.

Dude... you need to play hardball and call the cops EVERY time they fire it up and rev it....
I feel for ya getting thrown in the hooskow for loud music, but ya prolly should think next time about playing hardball with the cops. They can be real dickheads at times. I know... Ive spent some tie in their house as well, and it SUX!
But I never push the issue with them... they carry a bigger stick and a gun. :eek:

Don't be such a lemon. You know damn well Police can only enter your house under a VERY specific set of circumstances, most of which require your consent.

As to damages, he can't sue the PD, I don't think anyone can, but he can certainly go after the neighbor.

Bullshit.... my dad went to jail for sitting in his truck in his garage in order to get away from the bitch wife he was married to.
She called the cops and told them he was trying to commit suicide (the truck was not running BTW)
They show up and bang on his window and demand he step out.... when he told them to beat pavement they busted window and jerked him out and hauled him to jail.
That was shitty if ya ask me, but hey... they are always right :doubt:

Bullshit.... my dad went to jail for sitting in his truck in his garage in order to get away from the bitch wife he was married to.
She called the cops and told them he was trying to commit suicide (the truck was not running BTW)
They show up and bang on his window and demand he step out.... when he told them to beat pavement they busted window and jerked him out and hauled him to jail.
That was shitty if ya ask me, but hey... they are always right :doubt:

There was a couple crazy stories here a couple years back that led to lawsuits. One was an elderly woman who was jailed for dui despite the fact that she wasn't drinking she was just old. Then the one to top them all. A man got a dwi on his riding mower for driving onto the street to go around vehicles in the driveway.

I think on the whole most police are upstanding officers. But like ANY profession there are bad apples or people who are simply having a bad day and it reflects in their job performance.

For example the two swat officers who have been indicted on theft and extortion for stealing from homes they raided and snitches.

My brother opened the slider door at the back of the house. The music was loud and apparently I told my brother to close the door. He tried and failed. O left the back of the house and sat in my lazy boy. They kept demanding my id and I said "why, what did I do". After this refusal in my own home in my living room they said stand up and put your hands behind your back, were done being nice. O spent 3 hours in jail and they refused to let me make a call. And I'm charged with obstruction of justice, noise ordinences and disobeying police orders.

I was in MY HOME in my lazy boy asking them to ticket me for noise and leave.

Am I wrong?

I know those of you that dislike me will have a field day with this but I thought I was right and I was having none of it. Till I went to jail of course. And by the way, I wasn't allowed a phone call for nearly 3 hours.
Standing up for your rights is all fine until you end up in jail. I personally am not that strong, probably because I have been to jail. I would have done what they asked because I am never going back...
With that my brother was charged with obstruction of justice when he was younger when he wouldn't give the Cops a straight answer about his friend hitting a pole. Get your self a lawyer and plea out. If you have no criminal history, they will most likely drop the charges down and hopefully give you a continuance or whatever they call it there. Good luck!
Next time, I would do what the Cops wants, I have learned jail isnt worth having your pride. I will never go back again.

Last edited:
My brother opened the slider door at the back of the house. The music was loud and apparently I told my brother to close the door. He tried and failed. O left the back of the house and sat in my lazy boy. They kept demanding my id and I said "why, what did I do". After this refusal in my own home in my living room they said stand up and put your hands behind your back, were done being nice. O spent 3 hours in jail and they refused to let me make a call. And I'm charged with obstruction of justice, noise ordinences and disobeying police orders.

I was in MY HOME in my lazy boy asking them to ticket me for noise and leave.

Am I wrong?

I know those of you that dislike me will have a field day with this but I thought I was right and I was having none of it. Till I went to jail of course. And by the way, I wasn't allowed a phone call for nearly 3 hours.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Living in the City I do, you get shot or tazed when you don't listen or beat to death. If the Cops want me to jump on one foot and rub my head I am doing it. They may be assholes but I will be alive when I am all done, and hopefully not in jail.

After 24 pages I've noticed a slight trend.

Granted, my music was too loud and for that I will pay but my "civil disobedience" by sitting in my chair in my own home and refusing to speak is apparently frowned upon while that of ows or anti war protesters that actually disrupt others in public is supported.

I am surprised.

I get the silly name calling because I'm of one ideological thought but the sheer level of hate stuns me.

After 24 pages I've noticed a slight trend.

Granted, my music was too loud and for that I will pay but my "civil disobedience" by sitting in my chair in my own home and refusing to speak is apparently frowned upon while that of ows or anti war protesters that actually disrupt others in public is supported.

I am surprised.

I get the silly name calling because I'm of one ideological thought but the sheer level of hate stuns me.

No, the point is when the police do something, go along with it at that moment, because they can essentially do whatever they want to you and you can't stop them.

Forum List

Back