I weep for this country

The giant banks made a fortune with their predatory loans. They have no one to blame but themselves. No one forced them to make those loans, that's just your evil Big Government wet dream, dolt.

And no one forced Wall Street to gamble recklessly in the derivatives market that was based on all those shitty mortgages. AIG and Lehman Brothers collapsed because they could not cover the massive losses from the derivatives market that the Wall Street banks caused. And that caused all the dominos to fall.

You're a typical ignorant racist unsophisticated Repug dolt. Government is evil in your eyes, but corporate America never does anything wrong. Fucking imbecile.
Trying to explain this to juveniles is exhausting...

First of all - the banks were forced to make those loans under a host of regulations disguised as "anti-discriminatory". Second, they were also incentivized by the government to make the loans with the promise that Freddie and Fannie would guarantee the loan. That meant eliminating risk for the banks. Without risk, what incentive was there for the bank to not make really risky loans? Answer: none.

Had the government not intervened, and banks assumed all of the risk as the would in a true free market, none of that occurs nitwit. Instead, they made really risky loans because they stood to make money by doing so (again, thanks to idiotic government interference). Then they took the bad hand the government had dealt them and they rolled them up into investments and sold them off.

Lazy, greedy progressives bought them looking to get rich quick instead of actually earning wealth through working a job.

That's the standard operation procedure for progressives. Use the government to run interference in an industry or sector of the private economy, fuck it up, then cry about it and say the solution is for more government interference guised as "regulations".

The giant banks made a fortune with their predatory loans. They have no one to blame but themselves. No one forced them to make those loans,
Short memory you got there.

Clinton and Reno certainly did FORCE the banks to make loans. Remember the "red lining" scam being pushed in the 90s? The rest of us do.

Clinton was responsible for the housing bubble. Government interfering in the free market caused it. specifically, DEMOCRAT interference caused it.

Taking money from the rich and giving to the poor does not work, that's a fairy tale... Robin Hood shit.
Thinking Redistribution is anyway right is for the mentally insane.

What's more insane is our government giving more welfare to the rich than to the poor. And that's the reality, just not in your simpleton Repug world.
So you want to fight evil with more evil?

Helping poor people is "evil"? Really? I don't think Jesus would agree.

You are truly lost.
Giving them handouts is not helping anybody, teaching them to fend for themselves is the right thing.

Again, Jesus would disagree with your evil bumpkin ass.
The poor needs to care as much about this as you do. Because they didn't vote we are going to try it their way for awhile.

That's why I don't weep for this country. It'll be fine. It's the masses who are screwed.

These people we argue with aren't part of the huge working poor. They belong to the small merchant class. They never want the masses to do better because then who are they better than? And they'll have to pay for it. They know their rich masters never pay.

The giant banks made a fortune with their predatory loans. They have no one to blame but themselves. No one forced them to make those loans, that's just your evil Big Government wet dream, dolt.

And no one forced Wall Street to gamble recklessly in the derivatives market that was based on all those shitty mortgages. AIG and Lehman Brothers collapsed because they could not cover the massive losses from the derivatives market that the Wall Street banks caused. And that caused all the dominos to fall.

You're a typical ignorant racist unsophisticated Repug dolt. Government is evil in your eyes, but corporate America never does anything wrong. Fucking imbecile.
Trying to explain this to juveniles is exhausting...

First of all - the banks were forced to make those loans under a host of regulations disguised as "anti-discriminatory". Second, they were also incentivized by the government to make the loans with the promise that Freddie and Fannie would guarantee the loan. That meant eliminating risk for the banks. Without risk, what incentive was there for the bank to not make really risky loans? Answer: none.

Had the government not intervened, and banks assumed all of the risk as the would in a true free market, none of that occurs nitwit. Instead, they made really risky loans because they stood to make money by doing so (again, thanks to idiotic government interference). Then they took the bad hand the government had dealt them and they rolled them up into investments and sold them off.

Lazy, greedy progressives bought them looking to get rich quick instead of actually earning wealth through working a job.

Bullshit. You can't point to one case where the banks were forced to hand out loans against their will to people who couldn't afford it. The banks did it for one simple reason -- they made a fortune. Until the bubble burst.

You've got nothing and we both know it.
I just explained the entire thing, my gentle little snowflake - and your best response was "bullshit". :lol:

You explained bullshit floating around inside your empty, biased, unremarkable Repug brain.

Provide a link supporting your bullshit or shut the fuck up, Repug peasant.

Helping poor people is "evil"? Really?
If you are so for "helping people", then why don't you do it? :dunno:

You're not for "helping people". You're for stealing from people because you harbor a deep envy, hate, and disgust for people who are more successful for you.

Nope. I have a lot of respect for self-made men like Bill Gates. What I don't respect are rich dickheads that will always get to come out on top no matter how much they fuck-up, such as George W. Bush and Wall Street executives. Dishonest fucks like you hold poor people to a higher standard than the many wealthy people who have never earned an honest dollar during their entire lives.

Again, you are a serf. It is your peasant duty to protect and defend the wealth of your rich Repug feudal masters. Your whole poor Repug sucker existence is pathetic.

Taking money from the rich and giving to the poor does not work, that's a fairy tale... Robin Hood shit.
Thinking Redistribution is anyway right is for the mentally insane.

What's more insane is our government giving more welfare to the rich than to the poor. And that's the reality, just not in your simpleton Repug world.

You are truly lost.
Giving them handouts is not helping anybody, teaching them to fend for themselves is the right thing.

Na, The federal government is not Jesus

Again, you are a serf. It is your peasant duty to protect and defend the wealth of your rich Repug feudal masters. Your whole poor Repug sucker existence is pathetic.
The unsophisticated serf, who wants to live his life on the government plantation by giving government unlimited money and unlimited power calls everyone else a "serf". Project much?

Nope. I have a lot of respect for self-made men like Bill Gates. What I don't respect are rich dickheads that will always get to come out on top no matter how much they fuck-up, such as George W. Bush and Wall Street executives.
Your posts just scream lower-class welfare queen. You whine about successful people, you lie, and you use language of an uneducated high school dropout. Did you even bother to earn your GED?

You're not for "helping people". You're for stealing from people because you harbor a deep envy, hate, and disgust for people who are more successful for you.
Nope. I have a lot of respect for self-made men like Bill Gates. What I don't respect are rich dickheads that will always get to come out on top no matter how much they fuck-up, such as George W. Bush and Wall Street executives. Dishonest fucks like you hold poor people to a higher standard than the many wealthy people who have never earned an honest dollar during their entire lives.
You didn't answer the question (as usual). If you "care" soooooooo much about "helping people" then why don't you do it?!? Get up off of your dumb, lazy, worthless ass and actually do something for those in need. Government doesn't exist to provide for useless people like yourself.

You are truly lost.

Thank God. We'd have to kill it if it were.

You are truly lost.

Thank God. We'd have to kill it if it were.
Flawed human beings did that 2000 years ago…

You are truly lost.

That doesn't make any sense, retard. But I expect nothing less from your unremarkable dumb ass.

Provide a link supporting your bullshit or shut the fuck up, Repug peasant.
Nitwit here hasn't provided a single link backing up his ranting nonsense, but the minute he gets owned with facts he cries about a lack of links and runs away with his tail between his legs. Hilarious.

Read The Big Short or any number of books about the 2008 financial crash, you hopelessly stupid fuck. Read any of Rolling Stone's excellent articles on the derivatives market and Wall Street's dangerous gambling and corruption and how it led to the 2008 crash.

All you have to do is provide ONE example of how a bank was forced by the government to provide a loan to a poor person who couldn't afford to pay the loan. That's all your unremarkable racist ass has to do. You're full of shit because you're a know-nothing unsophisticated Repug goober.

You didn't answer the question (as usual). If you "care" soooooooo much about "helping people" then why don't you do it?!? Get up off of your dumb, lazy, worthless ass and actually do something for those in need. Government doesn't exist to provide for useless people like yourself.

How do you know that I don't do it, asshole?

I'm a military officer. Since you're an ignorant unread Repug dickhead, I would say that I make more of a contribution to society than you do.

If you spent more time reading and learning like I do, and less time spewing your racism and hatred on this board, you would be much better off. It's no coincidence that people with master's degrees are overwhelmingly liberals. We learn how to think critically about the world, and not in the simplistic, unfounded black and white terms that you idiot Repugs do.

Wall Street is the biggest threat to this country's national security, although I would say that you racist and fascist Repugs run a very close second.

Forum List

Back