Dumb Tourists destroying 200 mil years old dinosaur fossil at Utah Park

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Is it flat-earhers doing this?

Dumb Tourists destroying 200 mil years old dinosaur fossil at Utah Park, Here's Why

dinosaur.jpg

In an embarrassing act of shame, tourists at the Utah State Park are destroying the ancient dinosaur tracks that are nearly 200 million years old. Officials reported that the visitors at the park are throwing the sandstones carrying the footprints into the Utah Lake. Park officials have not yet found the actual reason behind such act of vandalism but some believe the visitors might be doing such an undesirable activity without realizing the true potential of the rocks

Josh Hansen who works as a manager at the Utah State Park said that he was shocked to see a boy throwing way large amounts of the sandstones into the lake while Hansen was casually boating across the water body. Hansen said it concerned him when he his eyes quickly fell on the tracks of dinosaurs that the sandstones carried on them. Hansen stated that it is an integral part of the history which needs to be protected.

“Some of the tracks are very distinct to the layperson,” Hansen said,”but just as many are not. That is why it is important to not disturb any rocks at the dinosaur trackway.”
<more>

Dumb Tourists destroying 200 mil years old dinosaur fossil at Utah Park, Here's Why

dinosaur.jpg

In an embarrassing act of shame, tourists at the Utah State Park are destroying the ancient dinosaur tracks that are nearly 200 million years old. Officials reported that the visitors at the park are throwing the sandstones carrying the footprints into the Utah Lake. Park officials have not yet found the actual reason behind such act of vandalism but some believe the visitors might be doing such an undesirable activity without realizing the true potential of the rocks

Josh Hansen who works as a manager at the Utah State Park said that he was shocked to see a boy throwing way large amounts of the sandstones into the lake while Hansen was casually boating across the water body. Hansen said it concerned him when he his eyes quickly fell on the tracks of dinosaurs that the sandstones carried on them. Hansen stated that it is an integral part of the history which needs to be protected.

“Some of the tracks are very distinct to the layperson,” Hansen said,”but just as many are not. That is why it is important to not disturb any rocks at the dinosaur trackway.”
<more>

I'm sure they will find a fairly young person(s) behind this, no doubt leftist in their views, simply doing what they've been taught by the left: malcontent with their world, angry at the establishment striking back at the word's injustices, and merely exercising their right to "free speech." In other words, probably our next school serial killer in between vandalizing his neighbor's property and torturing the neighborhood pets. It's just all in a day's work training to grow up to be a good Leftist.

dinosaur.jpg

<more>
Young Earthers.

dinosaur.jpg

<more>

Imagine that, there for 200 million years and then destroyed in a moment by some idiot kid. Like the Taliban destroying ancient artifacts and cities in Iraq. A crime against all humanity in the loss.

POssible that the kid in Utah didn't know better but Jesus the authorities need to protect the damn site.

No respect for history.
I would say the guy who doesn't even believe this history existed is the one lacking respect for it.
Nice strawman.
I went fossil hunting last summer in Utah, have some nice fossils in my bookcase now, dufus.
Oh, my bad, that is fascinating. A young earth creationist who collects fossils. Weird. Kind of like an atheist collecting Bibles....
Who ever claimed a fossil never existed? I have many I found and your party is led by one.

Who ever claimed a fossil never existed?
You did, of course. These fossils can take millions of years to form. These are fossils of creatures that lived over 60 million years ago.

How old did you say the Earth is, again?
You really do need to stop with the babbling and learn science. Fossilization is the replacement of organic material with minerals. And it only occurs when the leaf or animal is buried deeply and quickly as if it died in a massive flood. *cough*

Because it didn’t take millions of years, some of the organic tissue still exists for us to see.

Dinosaur Shocker | Science | Smithsonian

Sounds like another excuse to take control of a park and limit it use to the public.

dinosaur.jpg

<more>

Sounds like the Chinese, but wouldn't put it past Americans either.

No respect for history.
I would say the guy who doesn't even believe this history existed is the one lacking respect for it.
Nice strawman.
I went fossil hunting last summer in Utah, have some nice fossils in my bookcase now, dufus.
Oh, my bad, that is fascinating. A young earth creationist who collects fossils. Weird. Kind of like an atheist collecting Bibles....
Who ever claimed a fossil never existed? I have many I found and your party is led by one.
All 6000 years old, correct? LOL

Sounds like another excuse to take control of a park and limit it use to the public.
Sounds like a good excuse to crack some vandals skull. There is no excuse for this kind of vandalism. I see it all the time. A wonderful board presentation of the ages of various strata on an overlook defaced by having every age reference scratched out by some religious idiot.

Forum List

Back