'I was so livid': Disney heiress visits theme park to see worker conditions

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
190625000054-abigail-disney-6-24-2019-exlarge-169.jpg

Uncle Walt is turning over in his grave. I know from personal experience that he made it a point to go around the park every day to see how things were going and to talk to the employees. He cared about them and did his best to ensure they were taken care of.

I should point out that Abigail Disney says she’s worth $120 million.

As an heiress to the Disney fortune, anything Abigail Disney says about the brand beloved by millions worldwide garners attention. And she’s calling out Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger for his nearly $66 million yearly salary, saying he isn’t doing enough to rectify the huge gap between his own earnings and those of other Disney workers.

After receiving complaints, she visited Disneyland.

Every single one of these people I talked to were saying, ‘I don't know how I can maintain this face of joy and warmth when I have to go home and forage for food in other people's garbage,’” she recalled, adding that this was not the work environment her grandfather Roy O. Disney sought out to create.

The corporation wasn’t very happy with her assessment.

More
@ 'I was so livid': Disney heiress visits theme park to see worker conditions

Ok, I am calling bull. I have known several that have worked and interned there. One in the last couple of months. They were not foraging in the garbage to eat. How ridiculous!

Ok, I am calling bull. I have known several that have worked and interned there. One in the last couple of months. They were not foraging in the garbage to eat. How ridiculous!

You know people working at Disneyland in Annaheim, Cal?
What are they earning and what is their cost of living?

You know people working at Disneyland in Annaheim, Cal?
What are they earning and what is their cost of living?
At Disneyworld

Isn't there a world of difference betwen living and working in California as opposed to Florida?

There is no middle class in CA. This is CA's problem, it is not a Disney problem. In CA you are either wealthy or poor--there is no in between.

Again, this is your liberal Utopia, Leftists. We are shrugging.

There is no middle class in CA. This is CA's problem, it is not a Disney problem. In CA you are either wealthy or poor--there is no in between.

It's a universal problem associated with the capitalist system of production.

Free Market Capitalism creates more wealth and better living for people wherever it is spread. Among humans it is simply the best system there is. That is not to say it should be left absolutely without regulation.

I wasn't aware employment at Disneyworld was not voluntary.

Good to know.

Free Market Capitalism creates more wealth and better living for people wherever it is spread. Among humans it is simply the best system there is. That is not to say it should be left absolutely without regulation.
It pits the laborer against the capitalist. The laborer is at a distinct disadvantage. This naturally creates the class system that you described above and you obviously understand it or you wouldn't be trying to re-frame the discussion into something more to your liking.

It pits the laborer against the capitalist. The laborer is at a distinct disadvantage.

Then the obvious solution would seem to be, change sides.

There is nothing to stop a.laborer from investing in capital.

I've done it my entire adult life.

It pits the laborer against the capitalist. The laborer is at a distinct disadvantage.

Then the obvious solution would seem to be, change sides.

There is nothing to stop a.laborer from investing in capital.

I've done it my entire adult life.
Did you change sides or are you merely supplementing your wage as a laborer?

Forum List

Back