Trump administration tells federal agencies to be ‘rigorous’ in evaluating employees

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
image.jpg

In other words, tell it like it is. No more cut and paste evaluations.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has ordered federal agencies to apply "rigorous performance standards" when rating employees, calling for tougher assessments used in deciding promotions, cash bonuses and disciplinary measures such as firing.

"Agencies should ensure only employees who have demonstrated the highest levels of individual performance receive the highest annual ratings of record and the highest performance awards," said one of a pair of memos issued late last week.

And the unions aren’t exactly thrilled by that.

A 2018 OPM report showed that in 2016, 51.7 percent of the 6,600 career executives were rated as outstanding, 40.7 percent as exceeds fully successful, 7.2 percent as fully successful, and 0.4 percent as either minimally successful or unacceptable.

Are you telling me that 90% of government employees are doing their job that well?

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

Employees are rated to make their bosses look good.

If you declare that someone isn’t doing their job up to par, the question arises as to what you, as the supervisor, are doing to improve that job performance.

Having written countless performance evaluations I can tell you that 99% of them have the same platitudes.

More @ Trump administration tells federal agencies to be ‘rigorous’ in evaluating employees

tRump just looking to pinch pennies on bonuses and promotions.

image.jpg

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has ordered federal agencies to apply "rigorous performance standards" when rating employees, calling for tougher assessments used in deciding promotions, cash bonuses and disciplinary measures such as firing.

"Agencies should ensure only employees who have demonstrated the highest levels of individual performance receive the highest annual ratings of record and the highest performance awards," said one of a pair of memos issued late last week.

A 2018 OPM report showed that in 2016, 51.7 percent of the 6,600 career executives were rated as outstanding, 40.7 percent as exceeds fully successful, 7.2 percent as fully successful, and 0.4 percent as either minimally successful or unacceptable.

Are you telling me that 90% of government employees are doing their job that well?

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

If you declare that someone isn’t doing their job up to par, the question arises as to what you, as the supervisor, are doing to improve that job performance.

Having written countless performance evaluations I can tell you that 99% of them have the same platitudes.

More @ Trump administration tells federal agencies to be ‘rigorous’ in evaluating employees

In the end it doesn't matter. If you know a guy who knows a guy your in.

image.jpg

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

This coming from the guy who hired Omaroasa 3 times…he wants people to be “rigorous” in evaluating employees?

Wow..you really can’t make this stuff up.

image.jpg

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

not in the Post Office....

image.jpg

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

Especially in the post office.

image.jpg

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

how do you know?....how long did you work there?...a regional manager was fired after attempting that...so lets see your proof it does...

image.jpg

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

how do you know?....how long did you work there?...a regional manager was fired after attempting that...so lets see your proof it does...

Nephew does. Has for the last 11 years. My middle brother has worked for them for 20 years. Nephew had tried every 6 months for a year, never got a call until my bro did his thing. It's common knowledge, if you want a federal job, any federal job it helps to know something who knows someone. You can believe it or not. Don't much give a fuck.

image.jpg

Okay, here’s my 2 cents.

Nephew does. Has for the last 11 years. My middle brother has worked for them for 20 years. Nephew had tried every 6 months for a year, never got a call until my bro did his thing. It's common knowledge, if you want a federal job, any federal job it helps to know something who knows someone. You can believe it or not. Don't much give a fuck.
bullshit i worked there 33 years and with the Union that is the biggest fucking rumor in the place....the only people who might get in that way are temps or the seasonal people.....but to be a full time career employee is a different ball game.....if you dont a pass the postal civil service test you dont even get talked too, in my time there we had 4 higher ups including a district manager in charge of a good part of the midwest all fired for doing what you say...i tried getting my brother in who passed the test,the PM told me you know it dont work that way,he is on the list,there are others ahead of him,when his time comes up he will know...do you realize what kind of a civil suite the PO would have to deal with if someone was hired the way you say over others higher on the list,especially a veteran?.......and you can believe that or not....

bullshit i worked there 33 years and with the Union that is the biggest fucking rumor in the place....the only people who might get in that way are temps or the seasonal people.....but to be a full time career employee is a different ball game.....if you dont a pass the postal civil service test you dont even get talked too, in my time there we had 4 higher ups including a district manager in charge of a good part of the midwest all fired for doing what you say...i tried getting my brother in who passed the test,the PM told me you know it dont work that way,he is on the list,there are others ahead of him,when his time comes up he will know...do you realize what kind of a civil suite the PO would have to deal with if someone was hired the way you say over others higher on the list,especially a veteran?.......and you can believe that or not....

Nephew is a veteran. So is my middle brother. Yes they are Union as just about every job in long beach California is. So take it or leave it, rather way to fuck your self. You need to remember you are just a no body on USMB just like everyone else. Most likely you are a welfare recipient on a friends couch. That said, a friend of a friend gets you far in service to the U.S. Federal Government weather you like it or not.

Nephew is a veteran. So is my middle brother. Yes they are Union as just about every job in long beach California is. So take it or leave it, rather way to fuck your self. You need to remember you are just a no body on USMB just like everyone else. Most likely you are a welfare recipient on a friends couch. That said, a friend of a friend gets you far in service to the U.S. Federal Government weather you like it or not.
yea they did what you said...you are pretty stupid to try and say they work for the place and did what you say they did...you are a joke...
513.31 Policy
Postal managers and other non bargaining employees may not be involved in or interfere in any way with the selection of their relatives to postal positions. They cannot recommend the hiring, employment, or promotion of a relative, or interfere with the selection process in any way that may benefit a relative, or show any expression of interest that may be construed as an impropriety. Postal managers may not hire, employ, assign, or promote to vacancies under their direct jurisdiction, a relative, or a relative of any non bargaining employee, if the relative was improperly recommended to the manager in violation of these regulations.

The attempt by any postal manager or non bargaining employee to recommend, influence, or express interest that may be construed as influence in the appointment or promotion of a relative, is prohibited. To protect public and employee confidence in the integrity of postal selection procedures, appointing and approving officials must contemplate whether the appointment or promotion of a relative is likely to create the appearance of impropriety in the eyes of the public and other postal employees. If so, an alternate selection should be made[/QUOTE]

yea they did what you said...you are pretty stupid to try and say they work for the place and did what you say they did...you are a joke...
513.31 Policy
Postal managers and other non bargaining employees may not be involved in or interfere in any way with the selection of their relatives to postal positions. They cannot recommend the hiring, employment, or promotion of a relative, or interfere with the selection process in any way that may benefit a relative, or show any expression of interest that may be construed as an impropriety. Postal managers may not hire, employ, assign, or promote to vacancies under their direct jurisdiction, a relative, or a relative of any non bargaining employee, if the relative was improperly recommended to the manager in violation of these regulations.

The attempt by any postal manager or non bargaining employee to recommend, influence, or express interest that may be construed as influence in the appointment or promotion of a relative, is prohibited. To protect public and employee confidence in the integrity of postal selection procedures, appointing and approving officials must contemplate whether the appointment or promotion of a relative is likely to create the appearance of impropriety in the eyes of the public and other postal employees. If so, an alternate selection should be made
[/QUOTE]

You are to I to this shit. You want names and addresses? Because you know it all? Your just a fuckwit on a message board who has a need for attention. Just say I'm lying and move the fuck on. In the mean time, if anyone in the Long Beach area needs a job at the post office, shoot me a PM. I know a guy who knows a guy.

513.31 Policy

The attempt by any postal manager or non bargaining employee to recommend, influence, or express interest that may be construed as influence in the appointment or promotion of a relative, is prohibited. To protect public and employee confidence in the integrity of postal selection procedures, appointing and approving officials must contemplate whether the appointment or promotion of a relative is likely to create the appearance of impropriety in the eyes of the public and other postal employees. If so, an alternate selection should be made

You are to I to this shit. You want names and addresses? Because you know it all? Your just a fuckwit on a message board who has a need for attention. Just say I'm lying and move the fuck on. In the mean time, if anyone in the Long Beach area needs a job at the post office, shoot me a PM. I know a guy who knows a guy.[/QUOTE]

i am just a fuckwit who showed an even bigger fuckwit that he is full of shit....

I have a hard time taking seriously someone commenting on rating employee's from someone that hired Alex Acosta.

New Topics

Forum List

Back