I-tunes and the infamous forced U-2 download incident

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
I wistfully perused my old music files, I found this old file..."songs of innocence" from U2. Then I remembered, that album NOBODY wanted because of the political bullshit. I tunes ACTUALLY forced US to put this in our collection. I am amused at that, so many levels of WRONG. What are your thoughts?

• Banned
When a music source felt free to push political propaganda disguised as "music", they crossed a line. And sadly, U2 just made it clear how broken they are as artists.

• Banned
Spending your life searching for really stupid reasons to be outraged is no way for a human with a spine to live, but it's the perverted lifestyle that you've chosen.
I agree, but WHO is doing that? YOU can't use this or that pronoun, let's tear down statues WE don't like, lets demonize a certain group or political leader, let's burn down stuff, LETS force ALL Itunes subscribers to download pro gay album ...WHO is doing that NOW? HMM.

Last edited:
I wistfully perused my old music files, I found this old file..."songs of innocence" from U2. Then I remembered, that album NOBODY wanted because of the political bullshit. I tunes ACTUALLY forced US to put this in our collection. I am amused at that, so many levels of WRONG. What are your thoughts?
I always wondered how I ended up with that album in my iTunes collection. I never bought it. I don't care about their political message, but I like some of the songs.

I have never done itunes. I would just download music that wasn't locked into a single device. Sometimes I would do it legally.....well eventually I would do it legally....well eventually I would do it legally when I had a code for a free download, but I digress.

Forum List

Back