I Told You – They're Going to Try to Take Your Guns!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I've warned about this before but, as usual, the left roars into action saying it won't happen. Well, our Dear Leader is making far more serious noise about it.

Obama Praises Australia’s Gun Confiscation from Obama Praises Australia's Gun Confiscation | National Review Online

White House: Obama Looking to Act ‘Administratively, Unilaterally’ on Guns from White House: Obama Looking to Act ?Administratively, Unilaterally? on Guns | TheBlaze.com

They've been making similar noises for a long time. Remember, a tyrant fears armed citizens more than anything else. Our Founders realized that freedom is a fragile things that must constantly be fought for. They gave us the Second Amendment for exactly that reason.

And, before you attack me, let me state, I am not a gun nut. I do no own a single weapon and don't plan to ever buy one – unless... :mad:

Unless what? Unless the US Federal government lies about the reasons for going to war and then begins torturing POWs who are captured in that war? Would that push you over the edge? An endless war without victory against whoever, just like in 1984. Would that piss you off enough to do something?

What about the US Federal government putting people in cages over the last 60 years because of the same thing that preserved our freedom and democracy 70 years ago? Producer of Marihuana, a "crime" that helped end the Holocaust and win WWII. Will Republicans end the drug war because it is used by the oppressive job-killing Federal government to strip Constitutional rights from American citizens and make us dependent on foreign imports?

I've warned about this before but, as usual, the left roars into action saying it won't happen. Well, our Dear Leader is making far more serious noise about it.

Obama Praises Australia’s Gun Confiscation from Obama Praises Australia's Gun Confiscation | National Review Online

White House: Obama Looking to Act ‘Administratively, Unilaterally’ on Guns from White House: Obama Looking to Act ?Administratively, Unilaterally? on Guns | TheBlaze.com

They've been making similar noises for a long time. Remember, a tyrant fears armed citizens more than anything else. Our Founders realized that freedom is a fragile things that must constantly be fought for. They gave us the Second Amendment for exactly that reason.

And, before you attack me, let me state, I am not a gun nut. I do no own a single weapon and don't plan to ever buy one – unless... :mad:

Yes. You told us. You were wrong then, you're wrong now. And I do own guns. Always have, always will.

Nonsense.

No one is "taking" any guns.

They did it in Australia, and yes, forced buybacks is "taking" your guns.

Why is Obama so lauding of Australia's gun control scheme if he doesn't want to implement it.

because it worked.

Really?

Australia's gun homicide rate was already trending down. When the law went into effect in 1996 there was really no change in the overall trend.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compareyears/10/number_of_gun_homicides

There should be a mass shooting at an NRA convention. At least one, just so the gun-monkeys know what it's like to die for no real reason at all.

There should be a mass shooting at an NRA convention. At least one, just so the gun-monkeys know what it's like to die for no real reason at all.

Asshole.

Also, considering the progressive opinion of gun owners, there should be dozens of deaths at each NRA event, every time. That doesn't happen for some reason.....

FOAD.

The progressive opinion of gun owners is that you're all a bunch of pussies who don't know what the 2nd Amendment is for. If you did, you would have surrounded Congress when they were letting Bush torture POWs to death in secret prisons during a war that the Bush administration lied to start, and when they passed the unconstitutional domestic spying and big government overreach bill known as the USAPATRIOT Act which every Republican voted for without reading.

Asshole.

Also, considering the progressive opinion of gun owners, there should be dozens of deaths at each NRA event, every time. That doesn't happen for some reason.....

FOAD.

It's easy to see who is lobbying for more deaths.

This is one of the reasons for the militarization of police forces across the country.

Just sayin'.

This is one of the reasons for the militarization of police forces across the country.

Just sayin'.

Not really. That is mostly caused by a glut of money (that's right, there is an actual glut) going out to law enforcement agencies through grants from the feds. They have to spend it on equipment, so you get small town police forces with tanks and million dollar command vehicles that spend their time doing show and tell at schools.

We can't take the guns until we change the Second Amendment to read:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Cutlesses, shall not be infringed.

Arrrr you dirty bilge rats. Now go swab the deck.

Just sayin'.

Not really. That is mostly caused by a glut of money (that's right, there is an actual glut) going out to law enforcement agencies through grants from the feds. They have to spend it on equipment, so you get small town police forces with tanks and million dollar command vehicles that spend their time doing show and tell at schools.

A glut of money should go back to the taxpayers if that's what's happening.

Forum List

Back