I thought long-term care was flawless

pao.pao08716

Rookie
Sep 13, 2013
Dallas
Long-term care is considered by many as the father of many health care services and with the right to be so. Not only it prioritizes the old and the frail, through the years, it branched out expanding its services to other people in need of medical assistance that is not necessarily old nor frail. I have a friend who has son that uses a 24-hour therapist due to his bicycle accident last June. The fall was communal but some nerve on the spine was damaged and now it needs constant therapy at the moment to refrain additional damages :eusa_pray: Currently, this friend of mine's considering on buying complete long-term care for worst case scenario.

However, I've been reading reports that this LTC has some drawbacks. I thought we've completely left racial profiling many years ago yet this racial discrimination appears to be persistent on this industry. What can you say on this?

I say, why is a Fifth grade Science teacher selling LTC insurance?

Long term care is actually beneficial not just for older adults but also to people who are 18-64 years old. This is a type of care that caters to your needs if a disease, condition or old age makes it hard for you to take care of yourself. According to statistics, about 2/3 or the aging population will require this type of care. Meanwhile, around 41% of those who are 64 and below will also need this but due to diseases, injuries or disabilities. In my opinion, ltc is beneficial nowadays and having coverage will definitely make your life easier in the future. Long term care comes with a hefty price so it's safe to have an insurance for this. But since this insurance product is expensive in nature, you should explore your other payment options such as life insurance, government programs, hybrid products and others.

Forum List

Back