I thought Afghanistan was the "good war"???

Don't put words in my mouth, or posts, or whatever.

I already responded to your "so only people that served can have an opinion" bit.

If PP wouldn't have insulted me (and my men), he wouldn't have gotten it back in spades.
My apologies if I did. Irrespective of who started it, neither should engage in it once started. All it does is turn into a slag fest and nothing gets discussed.
I've not been around here very long but I ran into this PP (peckerwood) character yesterday and what I got was off topic insults rather than substantive discussion...perhaps this is a habit with him and people just get tired of it?

On the other hand, I've been familiar with geauxtohell on a couple of other forums and found him to be reasonable...sorry if I jumped to any sort of conclusion here and contributed to a slag fest but it won't be the last time for sure.

I think most people are real clear on who likes to squawk about some alleged military service because they think it gives them more stature here - and they try to deride another's service too - I don't mind seeing those folks get their come uppance as they inevitably do - but I think this is a very opportune time to return to the real topic.

My apologies if I did. Irrespective of who started it, neither should engage in it once started. All it does is turn into a slag fest and nothing gets discussed.
I've not been around here very long but I ran into this PP (peckerwood) character yesterday and what I got was off topic insults rather than substantive discussion...perhaps this is a habit with him and people just get tired of it?

On the other hand, I've been familiar with geauxtohell on a couple of other forums and found him to be reasonable...sorry if I jumped to any sort of conclusion here and contributed to a slag fest but it won't be the last time for sure.

I think most people are real clear on who likes to squawk about some alleged military service because they think it gives them more stature here - and they try to deride another's service too - I don't mind seeing those folks get their come uppance as they inevitably do - but I think this is a very opportune time to return to the real topic.
and that has happened from BOTH sides

Sorry, but I am not going to let some jerkoff who has never been there or done that insult the job my men and I did. Slagfest or not.

The insults were directed at PP due to that, not simply because he had served or not.

In fact, my money is on him being in the Navy.

MY money is on him being in Middle School
^^^^^ case in point

Yea but he has also said that "Victory is no longer the goal in Afghanistan." I just can't believe anything coming from Hopey Changey at this point. He's just all about himself and the Dog & Pony Shows at this point. I just don't see much substance coming from this guy. In fact i would even say that he is becoming a bit of a Megalomaniac. The man has complete control of all branches of our Government and controls the Media as well. There just aren't any checks & balances on the man at this point. He really is beginning to look like a Dictator at this point. Republicans need to take some power back immediately. I say that not because i'm a big Republican fan but because we do need some real checks & balances on this guy. Lets hope 2010 is a great year for Republicans. It would be a good thing for the country.

Last edited:
As I recall, most of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi.

How is it they've (the Saudis) have gotten off the hook?

Gusher-in-Texas-Oil-Well-Posters-789201.jpg

I'm finished wasting my time with another liberal fake vet.

Good bye....and good luck with that I led my platoon into a herd of goats story....there is a sea story competition every year put on by the Navy League...try that shit there.

Chickenshit.

funny how so many cons when getting their ass kicked all of a sudden lose respect for those who have served in the military.

that is PP's MO, when he gets his a$$ handed to him in a hand basket, he cuts and runs LOL

Keep shooting your mouth off keyboard commando....all of the Vets I know and have served with don't brag about their exploits on message boards....this is the first sign of a fake vet.

and being a platoon leader in Call of Duty 4 is a bit different from being one in Afghanistan tough guy....so put the X-Box controller down and step back into reality.

I didn't brag. I gave you my opinion based on my personal experience, and you then asked me to clarify.

You haven't done shit, have you?
What branch, unit, MOS, etc.?

keep reading the thread he laid out his info.

and that has happened from BOTH sides
Yup.

I didn't brag. I gave you my opinion based on my personal experience, and you then asked me to clarify.

You haven't done shit, have you?
What branch, unit, MOS, etc.?

keep reading the thread he laid out his info.
You're right, he did, 25th ID. I couldn't quite make out his unit patch in his profile picture.
I'm more interested in his MOS and such. You know, 11b, pathfinder qualified and such.
He is right, to a point, about ground recon over there.
Up in the mountain areas, it's virtually worthless. Particularly when you're in canyons and valleys. The "goat herders' he speaks of primarily station themselves at the highest points possible, making it virtually impossible to patrol without being compromised. That's where the drones come in handy.
It's a bitch environment to be sure.

He's the real deal, bucko.

Now about your service experience....
I don't think it matters. If someone says they have service experience, I listen to what they have to say as much as another who says the same thing. I don't take anyone's word for a thing, though. It's all just an idiotic pissing contest arguing about what cannot be confirmed or denied about an anonymous person on the net.

Pissing contests. Pfffft.

Considering the treatment President Bush git from these ass clowns I see no reason not to give Obama the same treatment. The simple fact is this...
Obama has adopted a strategy that will cause him to lose the war. Now that his ground commanders have tried his strategy they are telling him in so many words...your strategy is a failure, we need more troops.

Too bad he is just now realizing his grand strategy of 2009 is in fact...a failure. So what does he do...appease the left winger anti war crowd and leave our troops hanging...with no support and a chain of command that's in shambles.

You said you were DOD, right? Numbers are a factor? thats strategy, short term, long term.
Rules of engagement are a strategy too. You need to allow better for the self defense of our troops. I don't advocate giving anyone a bad time without purpose. Report accurately what happens and why. Let the chips fall where they may. I read Black Hawk down. We should not have to find critical information in books, that belong in the headlines. That is how We contribute to the Welfare of Our Sons and Daughters, fighting there or anywhere.

What happened last weekend should not have happened.

Agreed...but if there were more troops in that compound and they were out actively conducting recon missions perhaps it wouldn't have happened. It's quite simple...in order to reduce U.S. troop casualties Obama has ordered "ouside the wire" missions to cease unless its an absolute dire emergency. He has hamstrung the ground commanders by implementing new rules of engagement that call for our troops to NOT FIRE on the enemy if there is the slightest thought or indication that there may possibly be any civilians in the area. So the Taliban and Al Qaeda now keep a couple women and children around and they are never attacked. These sort of "let's play war like we are in 2nd grade" tactics will lose the war for Obama and our troops who have given all for their country will be disgraced.

Again and again, and again.

He's the real deal, bucko.

Now about your service experience....
I don't think it matters. If someone says they have service experience, I listen to what they have to say as much as another who says the same thing. I don't take anyone's word for a thing, though. It's all just an idiotic pissing contest arguing about what cannot be confirmed or denied about an anonymous person on the net.

Pissing contests. Pfffft.
It's not a pissing contest, it's pat calling GTH a 'fake vet', when I know for a fact he served in that hellhole.

I would Love to see the Rules of Engagement Policies in Afghanistan Transparent, and open for review at some level. If Policy is costing unnecessary harm and loss of Life to Our Troops, It should be exposed, amended, and justified. Intention is no free pass for incompetence.

The ROE is confidential to keep the insurgency from exploiting it.

That trumps your curiousity and need to score political points.

BTW, the ROE exists for tactical reasons, not political ones and it's set by officers not politicians.

Throughout Recent American History, Orders to keep things confidential appear to do no more than cover up Incompetence at the highest levels. I presume you support Freedom of the Press. We went as far as to have embedded Reporters in Desert Storm. CNN was among the best there, with the best quality footage.

My charge is that Classified Status is used to Exploit bad Leadership, by giving it a free pass and encouraging more of the same, more than it is used to protect exploitation by our enemies. Our Enemies already know, we are the ones kept misinformed.

The Oval Office Mandates, All follow, "The Commander In Chief". These are policies determined at the highest levels.

During the campaign it was " The Good War" and now it's "Victory is no longer the Goal in Afghanistan." Unfortunately this President is all about himself and endless Dog & Pony Shows. This guy cares about himself only and simply has no time to care abut our kids over there. It's all about promoting himself and his image at this point. Just an endless political Campaign. He really is beginning to look like a Megalomaniac. Our kids need their Commander in Chief more than ever yet it looks like this President is AWOL at this point. The man is not fully committed to winning over there so it is time to bring our kids home. What are our kids dying for at this point? This just isn't fair to them. Mr. President,you have failed our kids! Bring them home now!

Yea but he has also said that "Victory is no longer the goal in Afghanistan." I just can't believe anything coming from Hopey Changey at this point. He's just all about himself and the Dog & Pony Shows at this point. I just don't see much substance coming from this guy. In fact i would even say that he is becoming a bit of a Megalomaniac. The man has complete control of all branches of our Government and controls the Media as well. There just aren't any checks & balances on the man at this point. He really is beginning to look like a Dictator at this point. Republicans need to take some power back immediately. I say that not because i'm a big Republican fan but because we do need some real checks & balances on this guy. Lets hope 2010 is a great year for Republicans. It would be a good thing for the country.

My assessment is that He is a Lousy General, but Exceptional at Nationalizing The Country. What We will be in four Years, God knows, Gov't will be signing and cashing most of the checks. I expect the Post Office will be aiding in the distribution of Opium with an expanded Parcel Delivery Program. :):):)

Forum List

Back