I think this quote is a good summary...

buttercup

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2010
...of how governments and the powers that be operate, especially in the US, in the last few decades. And it was written over a hundred years ago! I think the sooner people realize this, the better.

The-whole-aim-of-practical-politics-is-to-keep-the-populace-alarmed-and-hence-clamorous-to-be-led-to-safety-by-menacing-it-with-an-endless-series-of-hobgoblins-most-of-them-imaginary-6.png

(PS: I may not agree with the author on other things, but on this he was spot on.)

:2cents:

Oh yes indeedy.

Keeping the electorate in a constant state of fear is the only way they'll voluntarily relinquish their liberties.

Exhibits A, B and C...

travel_112410~0.jpg

TSA-grabs-junk-denver1-570x387.jpg

IMG-20120213-00173_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
...of how governments and the powers that be operate, especially in the US, in the last few decades. And it was written over a hundred years ago! I think the sooner people realize this, the better.

The-whole-aim-of-practical-politics-is-to-keep-the-populace-alarmed-and-hence-clamorous-to-be-led-to-safety-by-menacing-it-with-an-endless-series-of-hobgoblins-most-of-them-imaginary-6.png

(PS: I may not agree with the author on other things, but on this he was spot on.)

:2cents:

you are spot on.

Oh yes indeedy.

Keeping the electorate in a constant state of fear is the only way they'll voluntarily relinquish their liberties.

Exhibits A, B and C...

travel_112410~0.jpg

TSA-grabs-junk-denver1-570x387.jpg

IMG-20120213-00173_thumb.jpg

Yes, well put. But why is it that still so many people don't get this? I mean, they do it over and over, and it STILL works for them, pretty much every time. Personally I think it's too the point where they know they can get away with it, so they either get sloppy or they get bold in a "hidden in plain sight" way. If you know what I mean.

Forum List

Back