• No they will be around for a long time to come

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • It's just a birthing process of something new to come

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • They are passing into history quickly

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Strange how cons were against us breaking away from england and now claim to be the only patriots.

Strange how many (if not most) of the American Revolutionaries were classical liberals or those you would label "conservatives" these days, or are you attempting to argue that the American Revolutionaries adhered to a progressive philosophy?

If anything it's the big government progressives that are the modern day equivalent of the Tories since they are the ones that defend the power of the central government (the modern equivalent of the Monarchy) over the liberty of the individual and popular sovereignty at almost every turn.

Like I said pick up a history book and while you're at it try thinking outside the bounds of partisan propaganda.

Strange how cons were against us breaking away from england and now claim to be the only patriots.

It's not strange if you understand that the definition of 'conservative' is "Keeps the status quo and likes things just the way they are, thank you very much."

It is also no big surprise that conservatism attracts religious folks like con men to money.

The folks 'in power' always claim the other party's dead, until the next election. I don't think this is even a reasonable question at the present time, given the make-up of our current government.

Anyways I voted for 'be around a long time.'

Are you sure it's not the other way 'round?

Seems to this average Joe that the party out of power is usually the first to write up a tombstone for the other... this thread seems to support that.

Last edited:

It's not strange if you understand that the definition of 'conservative' is "Keeps the status quo and likes things just the way they are, thank you very much."

It is also no big surprise that conservatism attracts religious folks like con men to money.

Seems to me it's the central government worshipers (the progressives) that want to adhere to the "status quo", I mean heaven forbid we change course and actually start reducing the size, cost and power of the central government and adhering to our Constitution and founding principles.

I think the party of the Democrats is showing signs of severe trauma that will eventually lead to it's demise. What do y'all think?

This is partly what's wrong with this country. People have a shorter attention span than a gnat. (No offense)

Republicans after 2006 election: We're doomed! We're doomed!

Democrats after 2004 election: We're doomed! We're doomed!

Democrats after 1996 election: We're doomed! We're doomed!

Republicans after Nixon: We're doomed! We're doomed!

Conclusion: It's ridiculous to say one party is on it's way to it's demise. Especially when people don't vote for none of the parties but those two for the most part. Democrats will have losses in 2010, 2012 is still undetermined due to how the job market will be, etc.

If the economy is good, Barack Obama and the Democrats will do well. If the economy is bad, the Republicans will take back over.

However, the Republicans will lose seats in 2014 possibly if they are in charge (if they happen to win by big margins especially) as it is historically. Then by 2016, Democrats and Republicans will be battling it out again.

And you know what the most hilarious thing is? I hear constantly "This country's been going downhill since 1950! Or in the past 100 years!" But as someone for the right pointed out in this thread, Democrats have only won four elections since Carter. So if anything, the Republicans would be the ones who have been ruining this country then since they've been in power the majority of the time. But hey, who wants facts? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Strange how many (if not most) of the American Revolutionaries were classical liberals or those you would label "conservatives" these days, or are you attempting to argue that the American Revolutionaries adhered to a progressive philosophy?

If anything it's the big government progressives that are the modern day equivalent of the Tories since they are the ones that defend the power of the central government (the modern equivalent of the Monarchy) over the liberty of the individual and popular sovereignty at almost every turn.

Like I said pick up a history book and while you're at it try thinking outside the bounds of partisan propaganda.

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressivism is a political and social term for ideologies and movements favoring or advocating changes or reform, usually in an egalitarian direction for economic policies (public management) and liberal direction for social policies. Progressivism is often viewed in opposition to conservative ideologies.

Founding Fathers weren't Conservative, and America was the first modern Liberal state to be in creation. If YOU bothered to pick up a history book, you would see that Jefferson had influence from Liberals of the time such as Locke.

Conservatives wanted to give George Washington the crown after just beating another king.

Sorry to burst your bubble. And while they may not of been the modern progressive, for the time many of their ideas were progressive. (Also, considering the fact they always did not practice what they preached.)

Progressivism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressivism is a political and social term for ideologies and movements favoring or advocating changes or reform, usually in an egalitarian direction for economic policies (public management) and liberal direction for social policies. Progressivism is often viewed in opposition to conservative ideologies.

Er.. maybe you should do a little bit of research on the Modern American Progressive Movement (start with the Wilson or TR Era Progressives) before you quote the simplistic definitions you find in Wikipedia. I know exactly what the progressive movement in American stands for, where it originated and it's many sins against our founding principles but apparently you do not, so go dig a bit deeper.
Founding Fathers weren't Conservative, and America was the first modern Liberal state to be in creation.
They were classical liberals just like those of us that many on the progressive left like to label CONSERVATIVE these days (i.e. people like Barry Goldwater & Ron Paul for example), not the left wing variety of "liberal" that American PROGRESSIVES like to call themselves (since they are too intellectually dishonest to own up to what their ideology really represents, namely various strains of collectivism usually combined with healthy doses of statism).

If YOU bothered to pick up a history book, you would see that Jefferson had influence from Liberals of the time such as Locke.
Thanks for telling me what I "would have said", but I'm very familiar with both Jefferson's background and the writings of John Locke and a reference to either was not necessary to illustrate my point.

Sorry to burst your bubble. And while they may not of been the modern progressive, for the time many of their ideas were progressive. (Also, considering the fact they always did not practice what they preached.)
You'd actually have to have a clue as to what you were talking about in order to burst anybody's bubble and it's clear from your post that you either have no clue or are just choosing to be intellectually dishonest or lazy.

Thanks for the attempt to change the subject and "defend" your left wing pals idiotic assertion, sorry it didn't work out for you two.

Seems to me it's the central government worshipers (the progressives) that want to adhere to the "status quo", I mean heaven forbid we change course and actually start reducing the size, cost and power of the central government and adhering to our Constitution and founding principles.

Can I ass-u-me that you subscribe to the mistaken idea that one of our political parties is somehow less responsible for the cesspool of corruption we affectionately term 'Washington, D.C.'?

Can I ass-u-me that you subscribe to the mistaken idea that one of our political parties is somehow less responsible for the cesspool of corruption we affectionately term 'Washington, D.C.'?

The term cesspool fits to a tee. I cannot say I think the Republican party is perfect in any manner either. But I do prefer many I know that are Reps leaders verses those I have known that are Dems leaders over the years. Currently the Dems have done nothing but add to problems this nation is facing. Little ole me personally has seen two coke-heads that were state party leaders for Dems. I'm a nobody, zip, what does they say about the Dem party? How many public political leaders do we have that are druggies making decisions in these positions?

The Bondage of Debt

one has to really appreciate delusional rightwingnuts who are talking about democrats being irrelevant when they're the ones who are totally out of power.

nutbars...

no. really.

insane nutbars.

:cuckoo:

one has to really appreciate delusional rightwingnuts who are talking about democrats being irrelevant when they're the ones who are totally out of power.

nutbars...

no. really.

insane nutbars.

:cuckoo:
Odd that you would say that Jillian. See thing is, God is always in charge. He does after all rule the hearts of men. Regardless of what it looks like today "Thy will be done O'Lord" and it will. He will even give His beloved over to the enemy for a very short time, yet in the end victory is His and people see themselves and others for what they truly are. Ray Stevens hit the nail on the head with his latest release. As much of a hick that he is he must be a "wingnut" too.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: You really are blinded, inflating yourself as if you are above anyone else. What a shame, I'm thankful it is your lot and not mine.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc_-L4fyLUo[/ame]

Forum List

Back