Votes: 1 9.1%
  • They are passing into history quickly

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
I think the party of the Democrats is showing signs of severe trauma that will eventually lead to it's demise. What do y'all think?

Last edited:
I think the Dems would be heading to the history books with the Whigs if the GOP knew how to nominate a presidential candidate that spoke in complete sentences, could create more private sector jobs than the last Dem president, and didn't moan about funding a $3 million telescope while trying to preserve $400 billion in Medicare funding.

I think the Dems would be heading to the history books with the Whigs if the GOP knew how to nominate a presidential candidate that spoke in complete sentences, could create more private sector jobs than the last Dem president, and didn't moan about funding a $3 million telescope while trying to preserve $400 billion in Medicare funding.
Whigs were the lawyers weren't they?

sadly, the dems are like cockroaches. they'll never go away. no matter how creepy and unopular they are. they have invested way too much time, effort, money and reputation to just go away.

The Dems are writing themselves out of relevance. They will survive because that's how things are. After Nixon many people predicted the GOP would go the way of the Whigs. It didn't happen.
But the Dems have won 5 presidential elections since WW2. They won't win many more at this rate.

Not sure but Tories were the traitors and were the equavalent of cons today.

sadly, the dems are like cockroaches. they'll never go away. no matter how creepy and unopular they are. they have invested way too much time, effort, money and reputation to just go away.

:iagree: The current Republican Party is living proof of that.... but they are more out in the open and in your face..... rather more like flies than roaches.​

Actually Tories were the loyalists (to the crown). Whether they were the equivalent of convicts or not I cannot say. But comparing modern Democrats to convicts is insulting: Convicts have made some attempt at restitution for damage done.

LOL, why don't you try picking up a history book and do some research before you make asinine statements like this.

Could you be more specific on what you mean when you say "reputation"?

They are not going anywhere, these things go in cycles.

I do hope for the day when they do go, and that the fucktard GoP goes with them.

The folks 'in power' always claim the other party's dead, until the next election. I don't think this is even a reasonable question at the present time, given the make-up of our current government.

Anyways I voted for 'be around a long time.'

They are not going anywhere, these things go in cycles.

I do hope for the day when they do go, and that the fucktard GoP goes with them.

I do too.....the 2 party system sucks and even Washington knew it would way back in the day.

I agree with cycles.....the dems are entering the republican 2006 in 2010.

Forum List

Back