I Think Stuff Like This Has No Business In the Races

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It's aimed at Edwards, and it's wrong. Same as Clinton's or Carter's brothers. Ditto for Bush families' dealings, that don't involve him. Only the character of the candidate should be in play. IMO:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...11&u=/ap/20040717/ap_on_el_pr/edwards_brother

excerpt

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I agree. Thats why i steered clear of this one. I feel that it should be the individual's stature that allows him to be elected. IT shouldnt matter what past trangressions or future actions are taken by his family. Thats why it really pissed me off when people were going after Arnold's dad for being a nazi. Arnold obviously isnt a Nazi, but people claimed it just the same because of his father.

Personal business should be personal business but its a door thats been opened a long time ago and will never be closed im afraid.

3. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Geez. You'd think after ten years it would have been forgotten.

I agree with you. I'd hate to be judged on things some of my family did ten years ago. Edward's brother isn't in the race, so it shouldn't make any difference. I didn't even know he had a brother until now.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Insein, glad you agree. Glad too that it was Edwards, since everyone knows where we stand politically. Let's see if the dems here agree on turnabout? :usa:

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    "Arnold obviously isnt a Nazi, but people claimed it just the same because of his father."

For some reason that escapes me, whenever "Nazis" come up, it doesn't matter what the truth is, what the relation is, or anything. All you gotta do is yell "Nazi" and everybody falls down.

6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

William, just when I thought you were joining the rest of us. :rolleyes: Did you notice that Arnold won?

7. menewa

menewa Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I agree that the actions of one family member should not condemn the entire family. Especially a drunk driving case. Bush himself received a DWI and so did one of his daughters. Also, consdiering the many improprieties of GW's younger brother Neil (have ya'll heard of his time spent in Asia with prostitutes?) this would not be a wise strategem for the Republican party to pursue. So I don't think they will. Yeah, leave the family affairs out of the race no matter what th party.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219

I think its silly to focus on someones family. Reminds me of Black Sheep alittle. I dont think anyone but the media really cares.

9. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I agree that this is ridiculous to bring his family into this. This man has a personal life and maybe a family and doesn't deserve his name drug through the mud just because his brother is running for office. Another example of the media running amuck. What the hell does this have to do with what Edwards stands for anyway?(not that I support him at all ) This guy probably didn't even know he had a warrant.

:sleep:

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    While I totally agree, something to note:

Just yesterday when Arnold was talking about his movie career in an interview audio clip on a news blurb on radio, he said he always liked to play cops and people of authority like that in movies.

Why?

-He said it brought him closer to HIS FATHER.

I haven't seen him as a cop in anything, but I will tell you what: That one stopped me cold. I had heard him discount the claims, but this was obvious reversal.