10 Years From Now

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Semper Fi is 14 going on 15. We were talking about this awhile ago, he doesn't see it the way I have in the past 3 years, but experience may be coming into play:

http://techcentralstation.com/071604E.html

excerpts:

The above article was written awhile ago. Today lookie what's at the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/17/arts/17CONS.final.html

more excerpts:

While I don't agree with all of the following, I'm not 'young':

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    Its the Democrats who screwed themselves on this one. Its kinda hard to pass ideas to the next generation when you abort them before they are born.

But I dont want to devolve this into an abortion discussion. I think the Democrats are in for alot of problems. Sure there are alot of dumb young people out there who believe them cause they say something but the more my generation and those a decade behind me learn to think for ourselves the less we will be inclined to follow Democrats. Unless of course the Democrats totally reform.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep Avatar, you seem to be on the same line. You're in your early 20's right? That to me seems to be the beginning of the trend. If I'm hearing the kids over the past 3-5 years, they are getting more conservative in their personal actions. They also are cynical of politicians of any stripe, but seem willing to hold them accountable also. They are not heartless, just practical. Thus perhpas a tendency towards conservative libertarian?