I think I am going to send my kids to boarding school...

The kids getting under your skin, KG? Hang in there. They'll grow up!

I sent my kids to boarding school, they turned out great!

101.jpg

I love my children. And I want them to get an education. Right now my so is totally blowing homework off, and he's in 7th grade. He can't do that next year.

I love my children. And I want them to get an education. Right now my so is totally blowing homework off, and he's in 7th grade. He can't do that next year.
You said that you love your children but you are unwilling to spend the time with your child one-on-one to help him through his studies. No. Instead you want to submit him to a school away from home where "parental guidance" will be replaced by "corporal punishment". You say that you love your children. I am not so sure that you do. I was in a boarding school for 3 years. I have never forgiven my parents.

You said that you love your children but you are unwilling to spend the time with your child one-on-one to help him through his studies. No. Instead you want to submit him to a school away from home where "parental guidance" will be replaced by "corporal punishment". You say that you love your children. I am not so sure that you do. I was in a boarding school for 3 years. I have never forgiven my parents.

Er..no, that's not the issue in my situation. So you are wrong. You were probably wrong when you formed your understanding as a kid as well, and that persistent wrongness is probably why your parents despaired of being able to do anything for you, and in desperation sent you somewhere they thought might be able to beat some sense into you.

Obviously, in your case, it didn't work.

Why the fuck am I talking to an anti-American piece of shit about my kids' education?

Adios, pig.

Er..no, that's not the issue in my situation. So you are wrong. You were probably wrong when you formed your understanding as a kid as well, and that persistent wrongness is probably why your parents despaired of being able to do anything for you, and in desperation sent you somewhere they thought might be able to beat some sense into you.
Obviously, in your case, it didn't work.
Yes, You are right. I think you should send all of your children to boarding school as soon as possible.

I had a son like KG's, though, and we were virtually in WWIII about homework. I tried EVERYTHING and he was as stubbornly unwilling as he could be. Teachers would call me bitching, I took him to counselors, I tried grounding, I tried bribing. As he says now, he was a little shithead.
It's hard. You love them and want them to do well and then you have to watch them shoot themselves in the foot out of sheer buttheadedness. I never could have afforded boarding school, but if there was one that could have motivated him, I certainly would have considered it. Thank God for the service. His recruiter managed to convince the school to graduate him so the Marines could straighten him out. And it did. He was never a bad kid, but bookwork was NOT his thing. He liked the obstacle course and shooting guns much more. He's a fine man, great Dad, good husband, works hard and provides for his family. But back then, I really feared for him.

Fuck you. You have no basis for those comments, asshole. If you have childhood trauma that is your fucking problem, and no one fucking cares.

She didn't say any such thing you lying sack!

Have you considered sitting with your son and going over his homework with him? My mom did that with me when I was in school since I had learning disabilities, and I did the same with my cousin when she and her parents were staying with us. Do you know why he's blowing his homework off?

I'm looking at a couple. One is an Adventist program not too far away, that has a horse program, which I think my daughter would REALLY love.

The other is this one...and who knows, we might not be able to get in... A tiny international boarding school in Oregon becomes a national stock-picking power

Christian Boarding School | College Prep Courses

Why would you send your child to boarding school? They have one childhood.

??????

Have you considered sitting with your son and going over his homework with him? My mom did that with me when I was in school since I had learning disabilities, and I did the same with my cousin when she and her parents were staying with us. Do you know why he's blowing his homework off?
I tried that with my daughter. She was labeled as "learning disabled", too. I would go over her homework, it was always done, but she wouldn't turn it in. I finally pulled her from regular classes after sitting in on a few of them. She remained enrolled in JROTC but I did the rest with her for two years. She did loads better with home schooling and was still able to participate in other school activities.

Forum List

Back