I think I am going to send my kids to boarding school...

Well in another thread koshergrl was flinging ad hom's like she used to fling her butt sh!t when she was a kid.

So I simply wanted to re-direct her attention to her own personal problems so as to reinforce the classic kindergarten teaching that if you live in a glass house it is not wise to fling sh!t.
Ah so, the point emerges. You are feeding your wolf.

So to get back to the original question of the thread -- what about sending your kids to boarding school ??

Some notable people that were sent to boarding school includes Trump -- he was a very disruptive unruly youth so his dad sent him to a NYS military prep school for boarding.

Is it good for the kids?

If that's what they need then it is better than not.

If they are disrupting the rest of the family then it is better than not.

I cannot imagine sending ALL your kids to boarding schools however -- this sounds more like a parental issue not a kids issue.

Just guessing.

I do not have a Ph.D. in Psychology however -- I only took one class in college in it.

And I am not an M.D. Psychiatrist either -- Biology was never my forte so no way I could have ever gotten into med school.
And you really suck as philosophy too. Let's not forget that. Normalization of deviance leads to predictable surprises. At any point in your life you are the sum of your choices. Successful behaviors naturally lead to success and failed behaviors naturally lead to failure. You will never get what you expect out of your life, you will only get what you inspect from your life. How's that for philosophy, dipshit?

So to get back to the original question of the thread -- what about sending your kids to boarding school ??

Some notable people that were sent to boarding school includes Trump -- he was a very disruptive unruly youth so his dad sent him to a NYS military prep school for boarding.

Is it good for the kids?

I cannot imagine sending ALL your kids to boarding schools however -- this sounds more like a parental issue not a kids issue.

Just guessing.

I do not have a Ph.D. in Psychology however -- I only took one class in college in it.

And I am not an M.D. Psychiatrist either -- Biology was never my forte so no way I could have ever gotten into med school.
And you really suck as philosophy too. ...

And you fancy yourself a philosopher now?

I'm looking at a couple. One is an Adventist program not too far away, that has a horse program, which I think my daughter would REALLY love.

The other is this one...and who knows, we might not be able to get in... A tiny international boarding school in Oregon becomes a national stock-picking power

Christian Boarding School | College Prep Courses
Those are good options. Have you asked your son why he isn't interested in doing his schoolwork. Try to find the root cause. Set being his mother aside and be curious? Try to understand the problem. Don't ask him yes or no questions. Ask him open ended questions that let him do most of the talking. Use these as starting points and add to them where your curiosity takes you... Tell me what you like about school? Why? Tell me what you don't like about school? Why? Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years? What kind of things do you need to do to get there? Don't try to solve the problem. Don't have a preference for an outcome. Just be curious. Often times they are afraid of failing or even worse succeeding? I know that sounds weird, but it is true. If they sabotage themselves then they don't have to suffer the fear of failure, so they literally fear success. If they submarine themselves, it isn't failure. People number one fear is public speaking but that isn't really their fear. Their real fear is rejection. If they don't put themselves out there they can't be rejected. Anyway, this is probably more than you wanted and you may have already tried this, but it might be worth trying again. At the end of the day he needs to know that his choices have consequences and that he will be the one most affected by them. It's ok to try and fail as long as lessons are learned. Good luck.

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

Yeah, try this philosophy... fuck off.

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

As I thought.

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

As I thought.
He's a stalker.

I'm looking at a couple. One is an Adventist program not too far away, that has a horse program, which I think my daughter would REALLY love.

The other is this one...and who knows, we might not be able to get in... A tiny international boarding school in Oregon becomes a national stock-picking power

Those are good options. Have you asked your son why he isn't interested in doing his schoolwork. Try to find the root cause. Set being his mother aside and be curious? Try to understand the problem. Don't ask him yes or no questions. Ask him open ended questions that let him do most of the talking. Use these as starting points and add to them where your curiosity takes you... Tell me what you like about school? Why? Tell me what you don't like about school? Why? Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years? What kind of things do you need to do to get there? Don't try to solve the problem. Don't have a preference for an outcome. Just be curious. Often times they are afraid of failing or even worse succeeding? I know that sounds weird, but it is true. If they sabotage themselves then they don't have to suffer the fear of failure, so they literally fear success. If they submarine themselves, it isn't failure. People number one fear is public speaking but that isn't really their fear. Their real fear is rejection. If they don't put themselves out there they can't be rejected. Anyway, this is probably more than you wanted and you may have already tried this, but it might be worth trying again. At the end of the day he needs to know that his choices have consequences and that he will be the one most affected by them. It's ok to try and fail as long as lessons are learned. Good luck.

School work just is never very high on his list of things to do. He brought his grades up in one day. That's what makes me crazy. If he makes just a NOMINAL effort, his grades are terrific.

He loves public speaking. He hates putting together projects that are spread out over weeks. He's excellent at math, he hates doing homework.

I don't think he's afraid of failure, because he doesn't fail when he actually does stuff. I think he gets exasperated with about half of his teachers because they don't listen to him when he's phrasing questions to them, and so they don't respond adequately to his questions, and after a couple of times, he just writes it off.

Absolutely, I just graduated from a public school. It gets worse and worse every year. The liberals have fed all this bullshit garbage into these kids heads, everyone gets a gold star. And specifically where I went to school, they were bringing in more and more inner city kids into the school every year. You know why? Football. The behavior of these kids is deplorable and the way the teachers and administration make excuses for these kids is just embarrassing. This creates a chain reaction because other kids are seeing the badly behaved kids get away with this stuff. They usually just pull the race card and that seems to fix everything. That is only something you can blame on the weak, spineless people working for the schools.

Absolutely, I just graduated from a public school. It gets worse and worse every year. The liberals have fed all this bullshit garbage into these kids heads, everyone gets a gold star. And specifically where I went to school, they were bringing in more and more inner city kids into the school every year. You know why? Football. The behavior of these kids is deplorable and the way the teachers and administration make excuses for these kids is just embarrassing. This creates a chain reaction because other kids are seeing the badly behaved kids get away with this stuff. They usually just pull the race card and that seems to fix everything. That is only something you can blame on the weak, spineless people working for the schools.
Keep your kids surrounded by people that are going to work hard to ensure success.

I love my children. And I want them to get an education. Right now my so is totally blowing homework off, and he's in 7th grade. He can't do that next year.
Well either he is not good at homework or else you did not brainwash him enough that school is the most important thing in his young life.
School is the most important part of his youth. It's his path to the future. If it takes the environment of a boarding school, so be it.

What does your hubby think of this problem? Or his hubby absent?
No answer.

I am guessing that you had to raise them alone then.

That's too bad.

The Pope himself has stated that children deserve a father AND a mother.

This is partly why the RC Church does not allow divorce -- it really hurts the kids.
Bullshit! You are condemning all of those single parent families without thought, just prejudice. I would have been much better off if my parents had divorced. The drama was just too much for a child or teenager.

Physical Science | Canyonville Christian Academy

Creation and Intelligent Design? Really?
Here. Save some money and I will give you the entire curriculum:

God shimmered us into being from dirt.

Let there be, and there was.

Stuffs to complex to have just happened. Therefore, God did it.

That's it. The entire Creation and Intelligent Design curriculum.

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

Unkotare... will there ever be a post where you add anything to a conversation?

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

Yes

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

Yes
I seriously doubt you are able to achieve that goal.

I think we have pretty much beaten this thread to death.

koshergrl has depressive mood swings.

Sometimes her beloved children pizz her off too.

End of story.

Bullshit! You are condemning all of those single parent families without thought, just prejudice. I would have been much better off if my parents had divorced. The drama was just too much for a child or teenager.
Divorce is a crime against children.

Spousal abuse is a crime against your spouse.

They are both pretty bad.

Hard to say which is worse.

Is it good for the kids?

Just guessing.

Yes
I seriously doubt you are able to achieve that goal.

Your doubt is misplaced.

Forum List

Back