I still believe Romney/Ryan will win

R

rdean

From the very beginning, I've thought Mitt Romney will win. I've said that here, even though I believe he will be another terrible disaster for the country, even worse than Bush.

The "over the top" money coming from billionaires with an agenda and the racially based "voter suppression" will carry the day, I'm pretty sure.

What is holding the Republican Party together besides "race" (they are 90% white or more)?

One announcer described the Republican Convention as a "business convention". He pointed out all "invitation only" expensive parties being given by Republican billionaires that excluded the few Republican base that were there in Tampa.

Republicans policies aren't aimed at helping "small business", but instead, big corporations. That's a given. So what, besides race, is holding the party together?

It's clear, the answer is "hate". They hate Obama. They hate having a black president. They hate food stamps. They hate Medicare. They hate the government. They hate education. They hate science. They hate, and that's it. It's all about "hate". They don't seem to even like Mitt and barely like Paul Ryan. Even though Ryan has been caught in lies from Ayn Rand to his marathon time to Medicare to welfare, they still kind of like him, even without any credibility.

There is nothing positive coming out of the party. The only thing they seem to love is a "fetus" and they seem to be using that to bludgeon women. There seems to be a cut-off for helping Americans that starts at birth.

History has shown that "hate" can fire up a nation. Hate for Hitler. Hate for the Japanese. Hate for Communism. Hate for the Soviets. There difference here is that it's the "southern part" of the country that feels the hate. And there is no doubt it's based on race. The country is turning brown. And this is freaking out the racist white half of the country. They are so terrified they have become pawns of big business who see this election as a chance to squeeze as much money out of the country as possible. Big business sees China as their business model.

End environmental regulations. End safety regulations and strip mine the country. There have been reports that Republicans are already putting together an audit of the country's resources to put together a plan on where to start. The Republican base have been indoctrinated into seeing this as a "good thing" and the path for jobs. But what will happen is their forests where they enjoy hunting will be gone. The clean rivers and lakes where they enjoy fishing will vanish. The wild animal population are the first that will feel the impact of the removal of regulations that protect them.

As the environment decays, there will be an increase in birth defects. China is number one in the world in birth defects. Families that have been taught to hate government will find out the programs that could have helped them were dismantled and for that failure to help them, they will hate the government even more. It's a downward spiral. Republicans have done an incredible job of taking no responsibility for any of their policies they promoted under Bush.

And look at the last election. "Jobs jobs jobs" and the legislation they passed nationwide has been "abortion abortion abortion". And no jobs programs because government can't make jobs. And now they are running on "Jobs jobs jobs" again? The same message from 2010 again? And for their base, it will work.

It will work for the country. People don't watch politics in this country. They watch reality shows. They work. They raise families. They just don't want to be bothered. But when Ryan and Romney get elected, and I have very few doubts they will, America will take notice. But it will be too late. Maybe a "Bush on Steroids" is what we need to get the country to pay some attention to what their leaders actually stand for.

I would like Republicans on this board to tell us what Romney's policies are, but when I do, they point to his website. But get them to explain what those policies are it's a mixture of "make better" and "take away regulations", which of course, are NOT policies. They are "slogans".

Not according to the projections they won't. Obama is leading here in Florida and all he needs is florida and one another state to win because he has enough safe states already locked up.

Last edited:
Not according to the projections they won't. Obama is leading here in Florida and all he needs is florida and one another state to win because he has enough safe states already locked up.

really? You call 0.6% a safe lead???

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Florida: Romney vs. Obama

You link to this:

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/def...America-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

But I'm curious. Have you read it? Point out some of the "details" please. I seem to have missed them.

really? You call 0.6% a safe lead???

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - Florida: Romney vs. Obama

You link to this:

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/def...America-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

But I'm curious. Have you read it? Point out some of the "details" please. I seem to have missed them.

I've read the whole thing, and posted various sections with specific actions Romney will take on Day One of his presidency.

In fact, there are several threads that have been started touching on various specific actions and plans Romney will take once elected.

You must have missed them.

You link to this:

I've read the whole thing, and posted various sections with specific actions Romney will take on Day One of his presidency.

In fact, there are several threads that have been started touching on various specific actions and plans Romney will take once elected.

You must have missed them.
Deliberately.

FIVE BILLS FOR DAY ONE
The American Competitiveness Act
• Reduces the corporate income tax rate to 25 percent
The Open Markets Act
• Implements the Colombia, Panama, and South Korea Free Trade Agreements
The Domestic Energy Act
• Directs the Department of the Interior to undertake a comprehensive survey
of American energy reserves in partnership with exploration companies and
initiates leasing in all areas currently approved for exploration
The Retraining Reform Act
• Consolidates the sprawl of federal retraining programs and returns funding and
responsibility for these programs to the states
The Down Payment on Fiscal Sanity Act
• Immediately cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent, reducing
the annual federal budget by $20 billion
Day one, job one.
FIVE EXECUTIVE ORDERS FOR DAY ONE
An Order to Pave the Way to End Obamacare
• Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services and all relevant federal
officials to return the maximum possible authority to the states to innovate
and design health care solutions that work best for them
An Order to Cut Red Tape
• Directs all agencies to immediately initiate the elimination of Obama-era
regulations that unduly burden the economy or job creation, and then caps
annual increases in regulatory costs at zero dollars
An Order to Boost Domestic Energy Production
• Directs the Department of the Interior to implement a process for rapid
issuance of drilling permits to developers with established safety records
seeking to use pre-approved techniques in pre-approved areas
An Order to Sanction China for Unfair Trade Practices
• Directs the Department of the Treasury to list China as a currency
manipulator in its biannual report and directs the Department of
Commerce to assess countervailing duties on Chinese imports if China
does not quickly move to float its currency
An Order to Empower American Businesses and Workers
• Reverses the executive orders issued by President Obama that tilt the
playing field in favor of organized labor, including the one encouraging
the use of union labor on major government construction projects

Last edited:
Romney is actually extremely tough on Illegal workwrs as well. In MA,he passed a law requiring ALL PRIVATE AND PUBLIC EMPLOYERS to require PHOTO ID and citizenship check in MA before any candidate could be hired. Needless to say,the PRs,gangers,and illegal immigrants were bullshit furious.

Forum List

Back