I see nothing wrong with this….

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 11.15.52 AM.png

I always thought that if your first call after the bullets start flying is to guys with guns….it only makes sense to have guys with guns on the campus. I wouldn’t put guns into the classrooms and in the hands of persons with multiple responsibilities who are lightly trained but having armed guards on the campus…sounds like a good idea.

What is wrong with this picture? What is wrong with our country, when we need guards carrying like that in our schools?

There has to be a better solution, although if it's what needs to happen in order to protect the kids, it's better safe than sorry. I think if it were my kids going to that school, though, I'd do anything possible to move out of that school district and have my kids go someplace safer, where semiautos don't seem to be indicated.

No problem with trained armed guards on campus. Giving Miss Davis a 3 day course and a gun is stupid.
upload_2019-2-11_11-33-23.jpeg

What is wrong with this picture? What is wrong with our country, when we need guards carrying like that in our schools?

There has to be a better solution, although if it's what needs to happen in order to protect the kids, it's better safe than sorry. I think if it were my kids going to that school, though, I'd do anything possible to move out of that school district and have my kids go someplace safer, where semiautos don't seem to be indicated.

Yet you have no problem with armed guards in banks....
Thats messed up.

I think if it were my kids going to that school, though, I'd do anything possible to move out of that school district and have my kids go someplace safer, where semiautos don't seem to be indicated.
Except that you never know where or when it's gonna happen.

Yet you have no problem with armed guards in banks....
Thats messed up.
What's messed up about wishing my kids could go to a school that didn't require semiautomatic armed guards to keep them safe.

And do they really need that? What are the odds of a student being killed in a mass shooting incident (I am not talking about a couple of gang bangers going at it in the stairwell). Getting hit by lightning is probably more likely. And yet we throw guns in the hallways.

There has to be a better solution,

upload_2019-2-11_11-40-3.jpeg

View attachment 245307

I always thought that if your first call after the bullets start flying is to guys with guns….it only makes sense to have guys with guns on the campus. I wouldn’t put guns into the classrooms and in the hands of persons with multiple responsibilities who are lightly trained but having armed guards on the campus…sounds like a good idea.
/----/ You feel lucky Punk? Well do ya?
upload_2019-2-11_12-40-58.png

Americans' response to a shooting: MORE GUNS

OL's response to protecting children,do nothing.
I'm in Pogo's corner on this one. Address the culture that admires violence and shows us every day that the answer to conflict is to shoot your way out of it. Then we'll all be safer even if everyone owns an Uzi.

That would be nice...

Until that day comes…if you’re going to call a guy with a gun to come and rescue you…why in the hell would you not want them there from the outset?

There has to be a better solution,

View attachment 245313
Interesting--a little scary, too. I was thinking along different lines.

I'm in Pogo's corner on this one. Address the culture that admires violence and shows us every day that the answer to conflict is to shoot your way out of it. Then we'll all be safer even if everyone owns an Uzi.

So while you try and implement your pipe dream do nothing,got it.
I didn't say that, did I? I said if it were the only way, use it.

That Kum-Bha-Yha stuff doesn't go over well with parents.

So while you try and implement your pipe dream do nothing,got it.
I didn't say that, did I? I said if it were the only way, use it.

Armed guards are the best deterrent and the most practical.

I think if it were my kids going to that school, though, I'd do anything possible to move out of that school district and have my kids go someplace safer, where semiautos don't seem to be indicated.
Except that you never know where or when it's gonna happen.
Every single time you let your child leave your front door, you are taking a risk. I am not convinced that this reaction to school shootings is a healthy response. It isn't as if they're happening with regularity in schools, while mass shootings at various public venues are.

Forum List

Back