I say Colin Powell for President

I'd love to see Powell run for President.....

Might even get me voting Republican again

This guy sucks. No more. He was the coward that retreated from gulf war one, which we could of easily won the damn thing the first time.

Apart from the fact (and it is a fact, not my opinion) that it was not Powell, but the UN that cost us Iraq the first time around, who the hell are you to call him a coward. Post your fucking military record, little man, and let's see which of you or Powell has the more courageous, more honorable service to this nation.

If we could get Powell to run, I would vote for him in a heartbeat. Same with Condi. In fact, that's my ideal ticket 'Powell/Rice'. Or vise versa. Both are smarter, more honorable people than you could dare to dream to be.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Yeah, he agrees with other big government hacks....

Do you not pay attention to what he has been saying over the last 5-6 years???

He is like a Hillary Clinton tool...

He hasn't said anything conservative in 5 years...

All he says is "I agree with the president on this" or "I agree on Hillary's position on this."

As far as politics hes never said "I believe _____________________."

Proof? Stop trolling.

Do you not read papers???

Now you're going on my ignore list aka the penalty box...

I'm not going to play your ignorant games especially when your ignorant mind argues common knowledge..

Back your own position, stop trolling.

Powell knew all there was to know about obie doodle and he still endorsed him and voted for him. I'd never vote for Powell. Never.

Powell lost credibility with his WOMD- in Iraq- grandstandding at the UN.

Never liked him or Condi.

Powell's flaw was that he was too much the good soldier, taking orders and obeying, putting full faith into his Commmander-in-chief. The sad thing is that I think Bush (that is, the puppet-masters who dictated to Bush) purposely selected him for this reason. He was always intended to be a patsy.

General Powell tossed his support in behind Barack Hussein Obama in 2008. He aided and abetted the election of a bona fide Communist to the American Presidency.
I would have voted for Colin Powell unhesitatingly in 2008, however the General, by his own action emasculated any personal Presidential aspirations by supporting Barack Obama. Much as Mitt Romney's support for Romney Care eliminated him from any possible consideration for the Presidency, so has Colin Powell's 2008 endorsement of Barack Hussein Obama, a criminal act that cannot be undone.

Shocking, and perhaps a tad radical....

Which is, itself more than just a tad depressing. You're absolutely right and the fact that such a reasonable mind might be viewed as "a tad radical" for suggesting that taking ideology to the extreme is not a productive option, just goes to show the miserable state of our country and our politics today. Too many people think that the best way to save our country is to latch on to the anchor politics of one side or the other. They just don't seem to get that when you chain yourself to an anchor you tend to drown.

General Powell tossed his support in behind Barack Hussein Obama in 2008. He aided and abetted the election of a bona fide Communist to the American Presidency.
I would have voted for Colin Powell unhesitatingly in 2008, however the General, by his own action emasculated any personal Presidential aspirations by supporting Barack Obama. Much as Mitt Romney's support for Romney Care eliminated him from any possible consideration for the Presidency, so has Colin Powell's 2008 endorsement of Barack Hussein Obama, a criminal act that cannot be undone.

Oh man shut the hell up already with that nonsense, this isn't Hannity Forum.

Colin doesn't want to be president, he never did. Republicans wanted him ages ago and he refused, and I doubt if he's going to change his mind now that he's a lot older and has less support.

I would have voted for him too..but then people thought he really was a Republican, and a conservative. I think even then he knew that what he believed and what we thought he stood for were two different things. For that, I've got to like him, at least he didn't lie to us to get elected...

More evidence of why it is critical for the GOP to discard it's lunatic fringe element and start running candidates like Powell who can appeal to mainstream Americans

colinpowell.jpg

I have a lot of respect for Powell but don't believe he will ever run for POTUS.

He wouldn't put his family through that meat grinder.

Smart man.

Doesn't that say a lot about us as a nation. Look at how we treat people who poke their heads above the ramparts.

Shocking, and perhaps a tad radical....

Which is, itself more than just a tad depressing. You're absolutely right and the fact that such a reasonable mind might be viewed as "a tad radical" for suggesting that taking ideology to the extreme is not a productive option, just goes to show the miserable state of our country and our politics today. Too many people think that the best way to save our country is to latch on to the anchor politics of one side or the other. They just don't seem to get that when you chain yourself to an anchor you tend to drown.

I would appreciate it if you didn't misquote me. It's not like it was an overly long post, or overly complex. I like my words to be taken in context.

Forum List

Back