"I refuse to be shackled by your question"

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) outraged a congressional witness on Wednesday with a simple question about her perspective on abortion.

At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing about "the assault on reproductive rights in a post-Dobbs America," Kennedy asked University of California-Irvine Chancellor's Professor of Law Michele Goodwin whether she supports unfettered abortion.

She paused and said it was "complicated".

Then, being a black woman, turned things racial saying she refused to be shackled by the White man's question.

This is all the Left does. Questions they don't want to answer, they ignore saying they are too complicated to answer, like asking what a woman is. Then they turn racial and scream racism.

I'm just sick to death of these miscreants.

Noted, Trump has refused to state his positions on abortion also.

Trump silent on abortion as 2024 campaign pushes forward
Trump was pro-choice right up until he ran for President. Then all of a sudden, we are to believe this Progressives who enriched democrats in New York like Chuck Schumer, had a change of heart.

One thing is for sure, no other Republican President would have put in place a justice to overturn Roe vs. Wade, so I will give him that. But now Trump is faced with the wrath of Roe vs. Wade being overturned, and he is understandably scared.

After all, abortion is one of the pillars of the DNC party. Without it, they be on a jihad against everyone that opposes unfettered abortion on demand.

For the record, I think Trump trying to reverse course here is a mistake. Ironically, Republicans in the past have been explicit on opposing abortion, but then appointed people to SCOTUS who would never overturn it. But now that Trump has appointed those to overturn Roe, he stopped being explicit on opposing abortion?

Everyone who opposes the Dobbs Decision wants Trump dead, so trying to appease them is insane. Now Trump seems to be at war with his base, which is also insane.

Trump was pro-choice right up until he ran for President. Then all of a sudden, we are to believe this Progressives who enriched democrats in New York like Chuck Schumer, had a change of heart.

One thing is for sure, no other Republican President would have put in place a justice to overturn Roe vs. Wade, so I will give him that. But now Trump is faced with the wrath of Roe vs. Wade being overturned, and he is understandably scared.

After all, abortion is one of the pillars of the DNC party. Without it, they be on a jihad against everyone that opposes unfettered abortion on demand.

For the record, I think Trump trying to reverse course here is a mistake. Ironically, Republicans in the past have been explicit on opposing abortion, but then appointed people to SCOTUS who would never overturn it. But now that Trump has appointed those to overturn Roe, he stopped being explicit on opposing abortion?

Everyone who opposes the Dobbs Decision wants Trump dead, so trying to appease them is insane. Now Trump seems to be at war with his base, which is also insane.

I dislike when anyone refuses to answer for political considerations. IMO that's the case in both examples here. Say what you believe, stand behind those beliefs and let the chips fall where they may.

I dislike when anyone refuses to answer for political considerations. IMO that's the case in both examples here. Say what you believe, stand behind those beliefs and let the chips fall where they may.
But these are politicians.

That would be like telling Sumo wrestlers to go on a diet.

24-Answers-About-Sumo-Wrestlers-7-1024x1024.jpg

Ain't happen'in.

Lying is their livelihood.

I just went to You Tube and watched the entire interview. He was trying to trap her into stating "any reason" and that is not what she was saying. If she said yes, that would of course be an outrage, if she said no that would mean there was some point, medical reasons could not cause a medical decision for an abortion. She just refused to fall for the gotcha question Kennedy always tries to come up with that really impresses his base. She is just smarter than him.

I just went to You Tube and watched the entire interview. He was trying to trap her into stating "any reason" and that is not what she was saying. If she said yes, that would of course be an outrage, if she said no that would mean there was some point, medical reasons could not cause a medical decision for an abortion. She just refused to fall for the gotcha question Kennedy always tries to come up with that really impresses his base. She is just smarter than him.
Why would wanting unfettered abortion for any reason be an outrage?

Is it wrong?

It is a complicated question, until you see democrats saying that all abortion should be granted.

Then all of a sudden we are to believe it is simple again.

These decisions need to be passed to the states to sort things out instead of turning a blind eye to unfettered abortion.

Last edited:
Why would wanting unfettered abortion for any reason be an outrage?

Is it wrong?

It is a complicated question, until you see democrats saying that all abortion should be granted.

Then all of a sudden we are to believe it is simple again.

These decisions need to be passed to the states to sort things out instead of turning a blind eye to unfettered abortion.
It was the for any reason AND up until birth he was trying to get her to say, then his next question would be about infanticide. I am antiabortion for the most part,but there are sane exceptions.

It was the for any reason AND up until birth he was trying to get her to say, then his next question would be about infanticide. I am antiabortion for the most part,but there are sane exceptions.
Well…if that is what lefties believe…why are they afraid to say it.

I do not believe an abortion should be allowed after viability for any reason except health of mother, and before that only for good cause. However the way he phrased the question I could not have answered yes or no.

Part of you guys problem is you have brainwashed yourselves in your noise machine to believe everyone that does not completely believe in what you do has some monolithic evil belief system that is just evil. That is why normal people call it the fringe. It makes it much easier if you think about everyone else wanting to allow abortion until birth. No one I know of believes that, yet I constantly hear conservatives arguing the point.

Forum List

Back